Most Famous EP Bloodlines Still Readily Available?

Elkhunter

Re: Most Famous EP Bloodlines Still Readily Available?

Post by Elkhunter » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:37 pm

tommyboy72 wrote:I think what Joe meant was that he felt like Scott took a personal jab at the breeding on his pup because of what Joe stated about HTA lines and then he felt like Scott bailed on the discussion. I am not sure of what happened and don't want to get into it with anyone on here, I just got back from a month long suspension from GDF not too long ago. Personally to me Honky Tonk Attitude, Honky Tonk Maniac and Honky Tonk Gigolo all look like GSP's with long tails. I have told Ron and Adrian as well as some other friends of mine this in the past. I do not care for the way they look. I am sure they are fantastic bird finders and great dogs. I believe Joe is of the same opinion. I am not trying to upset anyone especially Ron. I consider him a good friend and I know Scott is a good friend of his, I am merely stating my personal opinion of the way the dogs look. I have never owned an HTA dog, trained one, hunted with one, etc. I probably never will own one I just do not care for their looks. Looks does not a bird dog make but it is just my personal opinion and choice and I think that is what Joe was trying to get at as well.

Thats fine I just dont understand what the "nut up" comment to me and the "I dont play on the playground anymore" comment meant. Thats all, I dont think anyone in any post said anything negative about his dog. I might have missed it though.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:46 pm

Last edited by Ron R on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:54 pm

Elkhunter wrote:"nut up" comment to me and the "I dont play on the playground anymore"
That was aimed at Scott.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:20 pm

I'm just trying to find out what's behind snapbutton kay"s pedigree 3rd and 4th gen.? :D
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Joe, it was not a personal attack. I work literally almost everyday and have kids that are always involved in sometype of sport so I am very busy and don't have time to reply on a daily basis. Even now it is about time for me to get ready for work and I don't have time to for a full reply so I won't attempt to half a$$ it. However, you can bet that I will soon, as I didn't run away from the conversation. SCK

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:58 pm

I am looking forward to it.

Joe

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:25 pm

gotpointers wrote:I don't think there are any millers silver bullet direct offspring alive. Or frozen semen avalible? Miller is still selling dogs last one i heard went for 40,000 rumor has it.

Frozen on Bullet sons......just gotta know where to go to get it and what to cross it with................ :mrgreen:

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:44 am

lvrgsp wrote:
gotpointers wrote:I don't think there are any millers silver bullet direct offspring alive. Or frozen semen avalible? Miller is still selling dogs last one i heard went for 40,000 rumor has it.

Frozen on Bullet sons......just gotta know where to go to get it and what to cross it with................ :mrgreen:
If i were to get my hands on some i would keep it miller to miller. I love them just they way they are.
I have 2 white powder daughters and a millers ghost rider daughter. All breedings lined up are mainly miller descent. Would be nice to go back to the big old guys but there is a young hot one lined up.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:42 am

I'm sure they froze Wind n Rain (Bullet x Twist N Shout).
http://www.whitelightningkennels.netken ... 20N%20Rain

BTW, John has an awesome website. Alot of pics of old great dogs.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:15 am

Ron R wrote:I'm sure they froze Wind n Rain (Bullet x Twist N Shout).
http://www.whitelightningkennels.netken ... 20N%20Rain

BTW, John has an awesome website. Alot of pics of old great dogs.
Thanks Ron for pointing them out, i had came across their website quite a while back but i didn't realize what they had. Same for Stock Option oppurtunity i had, now i kick myself in the a$$.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:01 am

gotpointers wrote:Same for Stock Option oppurtunity i had, now i kick myself in the a$$.
Join the club Mark, I have been doing the same thing for a year and a half now. I love that dog. He has a darn nice personality.

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:20 am

Gotpointers do you trial your dogs?

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:37 am

Elkhunter wrote:Gotpointers do you trial your dogs?
I don't at all, time constraints, logistics, banned from local events all held me back. Lack of interest to do it myself is also another big one. But i am having a pup sent out for NAVHDA testing with a buddy. A few future breedings are going back east to trialers, and looking at getting Adrian to train and run some for me. I would rather stay home BBQ and drink beer and pay someone else to be honest.

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:56 am

gotpointers wrote:
Elkhunter wrote:Gotpointers do you trial your dogs?
I don't at all, time constraints, logistics, banned from local events all held me back. Lack of interest to do it myself is also another big one. But i am having a pup sent out for NAVHDA testing with a buddy. A few future breedings are going back east to trialers, and looking at getting Adrian to train and run some for me. I would rather stay home BBQ and drink beer and pay someone else to be honest.
No problem, do you do a lot of hunting?

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Joe as forementioned my post was not meant to be a jab at you. I simply used you dog as an example due to this paragraph that you posted:
I don't have any HTA but do have a fine young one from some of the FRB. I have seen several dogs out here that are HTA. I am not that impressed, but before you go beating me up, I will say that I have not seen a pedigree. Therefore, when you see a pointer and ask what it's out of and you here HTA, what you see as a final product may not be the result of HTA. Depending on how far back that breeding is and what it was bred to. I think that has been proven with the Elhew line in many cases.
You did exactly what you mention that others do. By stating that you have a fine young dog from some of the FRB you lead a person to believe that your dog is from a FRB bloodline. When in fact FRB does not show up one single time in a 4 generation pedigree of your dog. That means out of 30 dogs in those 4 generations not 1 is FRB. FRB does show up in the 5th generation of your dog 5x's which is just slightly more than the 1/8th that I had mentioned previously. To break that down it means that out of 32 dogs in the 5th gen. FRB shows up 5x's or out of a total of 60 dogs in that 5 gen. pedigree FRB is in there a mere 5x's. This is not a jab, it does not mean that your dog isn't a very fine dog, it doesn't mean that your dog isn't bred well, and it isn't meant to be anything personal against you. It is meant to point out that your dog is hardly what I would consider a FRB bred dog!
Now to get on to the subject of HTA just a bit. I am a fan of HTA and the funny thing is Ron actually isn't a big fan of it. However, I do appreciate him batting cleanup for me after i threw that jab and ran and hid behind my wife LOL. It does seem that a lot of people bash HTA. Joe you mentioned that your experience with them is quite limited and that the dogs that you seen may have not even had much HTA in them. I believe that Tommy stated he hasn't seen any in person, hasn't trained any, and hasn't even ever hunted with one. So obviously other than a few pictures and not liking the way some of them look anything else would have to be considered 100% heresay! I did a slight bit of research and tried to come up with some numbers. I did not call the Field so I am sure these numbers are nolonger 100% accurate, but I believe they will get the point across. The production numbers on HTA are 53-257-1599. now lets compare those to a few other sons of FRB along with a couple other excellent producers;
Turbo: 29-33-256
CH High View Buddy: 25-20-119
High View Jake: 16-2-9
CH Fiddler Rocky Boy: 47-79-956
CH Elhew Strike: 20-156-953
CH Elhew Fibbe McGEee: 6-144-652
Honky Tonk Attitude: 53-257-1599!
HTA was obviously bred much more than all those other FRB dogs, but probably not more than those other fine studs. HTA may possibly be the most decorated walking trial dog in history(would be interesting if someone knows the answer to this) and this plays a large role in why he was bred much more. It wasn't simply marketing, the dog proved himself and his offspring have proven themselves! Miller's Silver Bullet is the highest producing All Age dog and he was bred a lot too. Do you think he may have been bred a lot due to the fact that he was a 25x champion and it was easy to see early on that he was producing great dogs or was Ferrell simply a great marketer?
In closing this is not meant to bash those other sons of FRB as I am a big fan of them. I have a dog here off Cookies-n-cream which is a sister to Turbo and I would like to try some of the High View blood thru Ranch One kennels. I think the Breeding Jess and Adrian is making is awesome and you will be doing fine getting a pup off that. I am not just an HTA fan, but more of a fan of the Addition's GoBoy/Fiddler crosses. Note that High View's CH Tribute's littermate sister produced CH Class a horseback shooting dog champion when bred to Addition's GoBoy. Good luck, SCK

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:22 pm

I guess I missed the rules and regs on what is considered a line. So, fill me in. A dog is not considered from a line unless it is in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gen? So, are you saying that a dog in my dogs pedigree 4 gens back is from FRB and considered part of that line but my dog is not part of that line. Please by all means let me know so I can accurately state which line my dog is from. Where exactly is the cut off on the pedigree then?

I have said from day one with this pup she has several lines that make up her lineage. So, I will just stick with she's a pointer, and as a long as Adrian keeps producing these pointers I will continue to take them.

Take care,
Joe

codym

Post by codym » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:52 pm

sckwest1 wrote:Joe as forementioned my post was not meant to be a jab at you. I simply used you dog as an example due to this paragraph that you posted:
I don't have any HTA but do have a fine young one from some of the FRB. I have seen several dogs out here that are HTA. I am not that impressed, but before you go beating me up, I will say that I have not seen a pedigree. Therefore, when you see a pointer and ask what it's out of and you here HTA, what you see as a final product may not be the result of HTA. Depending on how far back that breeding is and what it was bred to. I think that has been proven with the Elhew line in many cases.
You did exactly what you mention that others do. By stating that you have a fine young dog from some of the FRB you lead a person to believe that your dog is from a FRB bloodline. When in fact FRB does not show up one single time in a 4 generation pedigree of your dog. That means out of 30 dogs in those 4 generations not 1 is FRB. FRB does show up in the 5th generation of your dog 5x's which is just slightly more than the 1/8th that I had mentioned previously. To break that down it means that out of 32 dogs in the 5th gen. FRB shows up 5x's or out of a total of 60 dogs in that 5 gen. pedigree FRB is in there a mere 5x's. This is not a jab, it does not mean that your dog isn't a very fine dog, it doesn't mean that your dog isn't bred well, and it isn't meant to be anything personal against you. It is meant to point out that your dog is hardly what I would consider a FRB bred dog!
Now to get on to the subject of HTA just a bit. I am a fan of HTA and the funny thing is Ron actually isn't a big fan of it. However, I do appreciate him batting cleanup for me after i threw that jab and ran and hid behind my wife LOL. It does seem that a lot of people bash HTA. Joe you mentioned that your experience with them is quite limited and that the dogs that you seen may have not even had much HTA in them. I believe that Tommy stated he hasn't seen any in person, hasn't trained any, and hasn't even ever hunted with one. So obviously other than a few pictures and not liking the way some of them look anything else would have to be considered 100% heresay! I did a slight bit of research and tried to come up with some numbers. I did not call the Field so I am sure these numbers are nolonger 100% accurate, but I believe they will get the point across. The production numbers on HTA are 53-257-1599. now lets compare those to a few other sons of FRB along with a couple other excellent producers;
HTA was obviously bred much more than all those other FRB dogs, but probably not more than those other fine studs. HTA may possibly be the most decorated walking trial dog in history(would be interesting if someone knows the answer to this) and this plays a large role in why he was bred much more. It wasn't simply marketing, the dog proved himself and his offspring have proven themselves! Miller's Silver Bullet is the highest producing All Age dog and he was bred a lot too. Do you think he may have been bred a lot due to the fact that he was a 25x champion and it was easy to see early on that he was producing great dogs or was Ferrell simply a great marketer?
In closing this is not meant to bash those other sons of FRB as I am a big fan of them. I have a dog here off Cookies-n-cream which is a sister to Turbo and I would like to try some of the High View blood thru Ranch One kennels. I think the Breeding Jess and Adrian is making is awesome and you will be doing fine getting a pup off that. I am not just an HTA fan, but more of a fan of the Addition's GoBoy/Fiddler crosses. Note that High View's CH Tribute's littermate sister produced CH Class a horseback shooting dog champion when bred to Addition's GoBoy. Good luck, SCK

Great post. There is more to HTA than just head crank. Thanks SCK

Ralph Ford

Post by Ralph Ford » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:15 pm

There is an ad for pups 'for sale' on one of the gundog sales sites. It reads "Dunn's Fearless Bud x Blah blah blah', then shows the pedigree. Not only is DFB not the sire, he wasn't even in the pedigree posted. Name droppers have no shame. :?

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:51 pm

jcbuttry8 wrote:Not quite sure how this works, Scott throws a Jab then runs, and you come bat clean up???
jcbuttry8 wrote: It was a jab. which is fine but nut up and stick around for the discussion. I don't hang out on the playground anymore.
Be careful as to what you ask for or you might just end up looking stupid. The intelligence divider is very clear at this point.

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:23 pm

jcbuttry8 wrote:I guess I missed the rules and regs on what is considered a line. So, fill me in. A dog is not considered from a line unless it is in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gen? So, are you saying that a dog in my dogs pedigree 4 gens back is from FRB and considered part of that line but my dog is not part of that line. Please by all means let me know so I can accurately state which line my dog is from. Where exactly is the cut off on the pedigree then?

I have said from day one with this pup she has several lines that make up her lineage. So, I will just stick with she's a pointer, and as a long as Adrian keeps producing these pointers I will continue to take them.

Take care,
Joe
I would say that your dog doesn't really have a "line". Just bird dog. IMO

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:47 pm

jcbuttry8 wrote:Please by all means let me know so I can accurately state which line my dog is from
Joe, I'm working one of the nicest young dogs that we have had in awhile and she has some strikes against her.
1-She is scatter bred.........http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3165
2-She is ugly - tri color w/heavy ticking.

Everything else is just so awesome that it does'nt matter. I would concider your dogs breeding scatter bred but it does'nt matter. When Scott or I get asked about our dogs credentials all we say is they make us happy.......regardless of how they did in there last trial or hunt.....we still love them.

I wish you would just enjoy your dog and not get so emotionally envolved in it's paperwork.

Re-read everything and remember that you are the one throwing challenges and insults ("nut up" "playground" batting clean up"). We have no problem being friends with you and maybe going hunting sometime but we are not going to take any crap from you.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:08 pm

sckwest1 wrote: The production numbers on HTA are 53-257-1599. now lets compare those to a few other sons of FRB along with a couple other excellent producers;
Good luck, SCK
This is very interesting info to me (even if I am a gsp guy), now I would just like to know how many breedings it took each sire to produce these results. When you get some spare time can you come up with that? :lol:

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Joe, concerning your pedigree, obviously Reb and Annie are not trial dogs which I have never made any qualms about, in your 3rd and 4th generations on top all of those dogs are competition dogs in AF, NSTRA, and AKC. Kat and Comanche George both have placements in NSTRA and walking trials. Rocky the Cajun and Comanche Betty were also trial dogs out here in Oklahoma and Texas. Easy Button is a champion from Phantom Kennels, horseback or big running shooting dog. Full Deduction was also a trial dog with placements and according to Jodie Reece where I got Reb from was also a champion just not sure what venue. On the bottom side in the 3rd and 4th generations Woody and Jackpot were both dogs from Adrians kennels. Adrian will not breed a dog unless they have been proven in trials, on wild birds, and/or have placements in trials or have shown something he deems exceptional. To this day Adrian tells me Jack's Storming Lady was the best dog he ever had and still his favorite. The fifth generation kind of speaks for itself. I guess since this is just a hodge podge of bloodlines with no real rhyme or reason but pretty much every dog top and bottom were competition dogs with placements, wins or championships as well as really good wild bird dogs I guess I will continue to breed what makes me happy. Most of these dogs compete here in Oklahoma, Texas, or Kansas and anyone who is involved with trialing or has a passing fancy with it, such as myself, knows there is no real competition out here in this region so the placements don't mean as much as they do in other parts of the country. We all also know there are no wild birds out here to hunt, no land to hunt them on, and the dogs that do hunt out here are not as good as dogs in other parts of the country because of lack of experience. I guess if I were doing this for a business instead of just a backyard breeder who hunts when he can I would buy some famous name dogs and see if I could make a go of it on pigeons and throw down birds.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:58 pm

tommyboy72 wrote:Easy Button is a champion from Phantom Kennels
He is a power hitter.

Tommy there is no dout about the birddogs just the construction. Read this pedigree and give me the tightest bloodline in it. http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3821

Tommy, good dog to good dog is fine but if you took Annie to Stock http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2793
there would have been a path and structure for the offspring.

Like the young dog I mentioned earlier...that breeding was made to be directed back to Bad River or sons...my choice is to breed that way (hypocheticaly) or breed to my CRJ stud. I'm a line breeding /tight breeding kind of guy.

When you made the breeding did you think about what would go best with the pups future breedings...

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:13 pm

Ron R wrote:
jcbuttry8 wrote:Please by all means let me know so I can accurately state which line my dog is from
Joe, I'm working one of the nicest young dogs that we have had in awhile and she has some strikes against her.
1-She is scatter bred.........http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3165
2-She is ugly - tri color w/heavy ticking.

Everything else is just so awesome that it does'nt matter. I would concider your dogs breeding scatter bred but it does'nt matter. When Scott or I get asked about our dogs credentials all we say is they make us happy.......regardless of how they did in there last trial or hunt.....we still love them.

I wish you would just enjoy your dog and not get so emotionally envolved in it's paperwork.

Re-read everything and remember that you are the one throwing challenges and insults ("nut up" "playground" batting clean up"). We have no problem being friends with you and maybe going hunting sometime but we are not going to take any crap from you.
Didn't really think I was flinging crap. I felt it was made personal and as you say am not going to take any crap either. It is a forum. I gave my opinion. I am pretty sure I didn't use you or Scott's lines and I doubt seriously I hurt your puppy sales, but if you want to get on and say I look stupid then so be it. No, I could give two shits less whether we are friends. Don't ever see us hunting together either. So, if you and Scott feel that you got the better of me then I guess good job. Me and ol scatter are going to have a drink.

Joe

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:29 pm

Man, birds of a feather flock together. Its so funny how "lil buddies" on here sound exactly alike. So funny.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:41 pm

prairiefirepointers wrote:Whats the difference between daytime soap-operas and GDF?

Nothing whatsoever. Sure both may have some educational value to them somewhere, but its so watered down with drama and pizzin matches that it has become more "Entertainment" than education or sport. Kinda like "Entertainment Wrestling" :lol:

Sorry... Please commence with the thread. :P

ROFLMBO too funny . Not really like a soap though. there is no sex. I think the alcohol kicks in about 9 pm :wink:
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:02 pm

jcbuttry8 wrote: I gave my opinion.
Your "Nut Up" comment crossed the line and gave offence.

It doesn't look like that you really wanted us to "Nut UP".

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:36 pm

I did not think about it Ron because I was only breeding to keep a pup for myself which I ended up not liking. I had positive feedback on all the pups except one which was the one Priariefire had, even had positive feedback on the one I kept for myself that I gave away I just personally did not like her. I had 2 dogs I liked and bred them. I never sold a single pup just gave them away. Stock and Annie would have made a nice breeding Ron. If I understand what you and Scott are getting at then the tightest line in it would be the Poker Straight line which is a combination of Miller and Fiddler both top and bottom on Annie. Would there have been a path and a structure or just more big name dogs in the first few generations of the pedigree? I understand what you guys are getting at but I like what Adrian has to offer and I like my own dogs scattered or not. Good dog to good dog with proven dogs in the background, big name and famous or not, suits me fine. There are some real nice dogs in this part of the country that never get a chance to compete on a big time circuit that make great wild bird dogs which is really what I am after. I guess you guys could just say we have 2 different purposes in mind. Blackrock Kennels over at Guymon would be a perfect example. Real nice horseback dogs that compete in Texas and Oklahoma but not on the big stage.

How did I know Vagas Mathison was going to start in. Still harassing people over the internet I see, tough guy. Funny that you throw around the word "lil", kind of ironic.

Texasdogtrainer

Post by Texasdogtrainer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:59 pm

The only way to solve this discussion is " Put them on the line" this is what started field trialing.

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:20 am

tommyboy72 wrote:I did not think about it Ron because I was only breeding to keep a pup for myself which I ended up not liking. I had positive feedback on all the pups except one which was the one Priariefire had, even had positive feedback on the one I kept for myself that I gave away I just personally did not like her. I had 2 dogs I liked and bred them. I never sold a single pup just gave them away. Stock and Annie would have made a nice breeding Ron. If I understand what you and Scott are getting at then the tightest line in it would be the Poker Straight line which is a combination of Miller and Fiddler both top and bottom on Annie. Would there have been a path and a structure or just more big name dogs in the first few generations of the pedigree? I understand what you guys are getting at but I like what Adrian has to offer and I like my own dogs scattered or not. Good dog to good dog with proven dogs in the background, big name and famous or not, suits me fine. There are some real nice dogs in this part of the country that never get a chance to compete on a big time circuit that make great wild bird dogs which is really what I am after. I guess you guys could just say we have 2 different purposes in mind. Blackrock Kennels over at Guymon would be a perfect example. Real nice horseback dogs that compete in Texas and Oklahoma but not on the big stage.

How did I know Vagas Mathison was going to start in. Still harassing people over the internet I see, tough guy. Funny that you throw around the word "lil", kind of ironic.

You are so funny. If it makes you feel better Tommy. "big buddies" :lol: