Repeat breeding-would you get another dog from one?

IL.ROOSTER

Repeat breeding-would you get another dog from one?

Post by IL.ROOSTER » Fri May 04, 2012 3:30 pm

I got a vizsla from a breeder almost 2 years ago.The dog has been the best vizsla I have every owned.Very easy to train,stylish pointer,excellant retriever,great nose,big runner,nice backer,bidable and a great temperment.I am active in NSTRA and at a year and 8 months,she has 3-1st. places,2-2nd. places and 2-3rd. places.3 points away from her first championship.The breeder is doing a repeat breeding right now.I have already gave him a deposit for another dog.The sire is a FC AFC NAFC and the dam is almost a 3 time NSTRA champion.The breeder is a great guy who calls me often checking on the dog and asking for pics of her.Tells me,he took a real interrest in how these pups turned out.
My question is,what do you think the chances are of a repeat breeding's pups turning out to be like the 1st. breedings?

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Re: Repeat breeding-would you get another dog from one?

Post by RoostersMom » Fri May 04, 2012 5:17 pm

I think the chances are good that you'll get another quality dog - especially if all the pups from that litter were as good as yours. The chances are better of getting another dog like yours from a repeat breeding than if you bred your dog. The dog will have the same genetic material as yours - if you bred yours, it would only have half in common.

SCT

Post by SCT » Fri May 04, 2012 5:39 pm

I would definitely get one from a repeat breeding that I really like. Now a days, that's what I look for. I love to be able to talk to a number of folks who had pups from the previous breedings.

fuzznut

Post by fuzznut » Fri May 04, 2012 7:07 pm

If you are looking for another nice dog, go for it. But also realize that each breeding brings something different to table, same sire and dam or not. They may be very similar, or very different....

If you are someone looking to possibly breed your own one day, why have the same exact genetics you already have?

Fuzz
Home of NAFC/DC Ariel's Justa Gotta Go Now- 2010 AKC Gun Dog 1 hr. CH R/U
http://germanwirehair.blogspot.com/

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Fri May 04, 2012 8:43 pm

I purchased my last pointer from a repeat litter and am very satisfied. I did my homework on the previous litter and decided this was the type of dog I wanted. It might not always work but I felt the odds were in my favor.

bwjohn

Post by bwjohn » Fri May 04, 2012 11:19 pm

yes.

would you mind sharing the breeder, so us other vizsla folks can see? pm it if you do not want to openly share.

brandon

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Sun May 06, 2012 12:21 pm

Who is the breeder? Do they have a website? Always enjoy looking at nice Vs.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

IL.ROOSTER

Post by IL.ROOSTER » Sun May 06, 2012 1:45 pm

The breeder is from Texas,as of now,he doesn't have a website.If the breeding takes,he'll probably put his website back up if he needs to.Both sire and dam are Rebel Rouser vizslas.

IL.ROOSTER

Post by IL.ROOSTER » Thu May 24, 2012 3:11 pm

Thanks for the advise everyone,that makes me feel more confident about my decision.