Pup has arrived!

SpinoneIllinois

Pup has arrived!

Post by SpinoneIllinois » Mon May 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Introducing...Sugar Creek's Bella di Morghengo. She's a spinone, eight weeks old. Can't wait to start training, and will be looking to this board for more great advice.
It should be interesting having her hunt with my 100 mph, high-octane Brittany. Like pulling a wagon with a quarter-horse and a clydesdale.

Ghosted3

Re: Pup has arrived!

Post by Ghosted3 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:36 am

Never heard of the breed before, but I like it....Then again here are very few pups that I dont like :D Enjoy her while she is small!

Corry

cptn

Post by cptn » Tue May 15, 2012 12:40 am

Beautiful!

Also, Id love to see photos of your britt!
---
July Rousse - "Roussey"
Alex - "Grem-grem"

cohanzick creek

Post by cohanzick creek » Tue May 15, 2012 4:25 am

cute pup have fun :)

dxthunter86

Post by dxthunter86 » Tue May 15, 2012 4:43 am

Great looking pup!

Bberry20

Post by Bberry20 » Tue May 15, 2012 5:56 am

Very cute, enjoy the sleepless nights!

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Tue May 15, 2012 5:30 pm

That is Dr. Gossett's kennel? Well let's hope with that lineage (di Morghengo) your pup does Rufus proud.

That line was the product of Guido Malandruccolo He produced hundreds of field titled dogs and also had 9 dogs either win Best of Breed or Opposite Sex at Westminster. He always bred for conformation and hunting ability.

You got a nice pup.

Your pups grandmother is a dog named Grace, who has thrown off some great hunting dogs, including a female named Pearlie.

Which dog sired the litter?

Fireside

Post by Fireside » Tue May 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Love the fuzzy face! Enjoy puppyhood!

SpinoneIllinois

Post by SpinoneIllinois » Tue May 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Bosco,
The pup indeed is from Dr. Gossett's kennel.
When I settled on the breed, I did as much research as I could. Spoke with two trainers at Pheasant Fest in Kansas City, both of whom had worked with a number of spinoni. They both suggested I look for the di Morghengo line. The sire is Penny Lane's Rocco di Morghengo.
I'm also familiar with Grace's pedigree, as I had met her owner at a NAVHDA event in Southern Illinois.
I've only had the pup a few days, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing from her. She's enjoying getting in the water and was very interested in ducks that flew from the pond. She's also curious about the birds in the yard, and really likes a couple short tosses of the quail-scented bumper -- she bounds and pounces to get the bumper. She's a very calm, loving pup, too.
Can't wait to introduce her to some birds. Trying to get some lined up, but just not having any luck yet.
Thanks for everyone's compliments. Like all new pup owners, I'm thinking mine is the best ever born! :D

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Tue May 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Mine is mostly del Mucrone with some del Subasio. Let her be a pup, this breed matures very slowly, don't rush anything. Also join the Spinone Group on Facebook. Trainers Ann Bagnell, Ed Erickson & Greg Fry are on there.

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Wed May 16, 2012 7:05 am

mcbosco wrote:That line was the product of Guido Malandruccolo He produced hundreds of field titled dogs...
mcb, where did all Guido's purported field titles come from - don't know that he ever had a UT prize I in NAVHDA, certainly not a VC, nor, that I'm aware of, even a Master Hunter in the CKC pointing tests. And would be astonished if he ran any of his dogs in field trials, here or Canada, much less earned a FTCh/FC title. Just curious about the numerous titles always attributed to Guido's lines.

MG

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Wed May 16, 2012 7:14 am

http://www.pointfetch.com/rufus.htm
http://web.mac.com/dgraff74/Sweetbriark ... Pearl.html

Here are two. Lena also two two Rufus sons that are UT's

Also, Anne Bagnell VC'd a Rufus son in 2011 Talli is his name.

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Wed May 16, 2012 7:27 am

Right, thanks - I know about the spins he produced, but have seen implications over the years that Guido also put titles on dogs. He produced what I consider many of the best (and best-looking) spinoni afield in North America, just unaware if he ever actually handled any of them himelf to titles in tests or trials?

Here's one of the titled spins you cited above, "afield" in a different way:

MG

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Wed May 16, 2012 7:39 am

crackerd wrote:Right, thanks - I know about the spins he produced, but have seen implications over the years that Guido also put titles on dogs. He produced what I consider many of the best (and best-looking) spinoni afield in North America, just unaware if he ever actually handled any of them himelf to titles in tests or trials?

Here's one of the titled spins you cited above, "afield" in a different way:

MG
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that. I don't think he or Nadir Guernini actually got out there themselves.