Elhew Sinbad?

codym

Elhew Sinbad?

Post by codym » Sat May 19, 2012 1:24 pm

I have been hearing about this dog alot lately. I don't have much experience with elhew dogs but would really like to know more about this dog and what he's produced. What does he cross well with? What are his strengths and weaknesses. Any info would be great. Thanks

Stoneface

Re: Elhew Sinbad?

Post by Stoneface » Sat May 19, 2012 1:42 pm

You can eMail Shawn Kinkelaar about him. Shawn trained and handled Sinbad. I do believe Sinbad's been dead for a few years.

http://www.shawnkinkelaar.com/?page_id=4
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Sat May 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Sinbad is alive and well. He has produced very well. He was a shooting dog champion that made the jump to all age and has won all age championships as well. However, his name can be a bit decieving. When one thinks Elhew Sinbad you are lead to believe that he is at least a somewhat tight Elhew dog. Sinbad's sire is Island Grove's Brute who is not an elhew dog and is dam is the great shooting dog HOF champion Elhew Swami. Swami is by Elhew Jefferson out of the great producing Hanna' Elhew Lou who is half elhew. Bottom line is this dog is actually less than half elhew breeding. He has produced champions in all venues ranging from NSTRA, walking shooting dog, horseback shooting dog, and I am not sure how well he has produced all the all age circuit. I know he has been bred a lot to tight elhew gyps with good results. Sinbad is still active on the circuit and still winning and ran at Ames again this past year. Here is his pedigree http://www.phantomkennels.com/sinbadstbk.html This breeding produced champions in AA, SD, and a couple of multi time NSTRA champions (look at four river's ch.commander) http://fourriverskennels.com/males.htm Goodluck, SCK

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Sat May 19, 2012 4:09 pm

Well, I stand corrected. :oops: I was talking to a guy in October who had a hat with a Pointer and under it was embroidered "Elhew Sinbad." We got to talking and he said he bred a bitch by him about fiteen years ago. He must be getting on in years.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sat May 19, 2012 4:22 pm

He can't be much over eight or so. I believe Gamemaker was the oldest entry at the Nationals, coming eleven. Daugherty had him at Ames.
Last edited by Cajun Casey on Sat May 19, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Sat May 19, 2012 5:05 pm

There is some of Elhew in Sinbad, but honestly, not all that much. There is plenty of Rebel, Hook's, Guard Rail and even a bit of Evolution and Addition's in there. A lot of really strong horseback dog breeding is what I see.
I don't see any Miller or Fiddler. Not anything close anyway.

RayG

codym

Post by codym » Sat May 19, 2012 6:54 pm

What really got me interested in Sinbad is his dam Swami, who by most accounts is in the top 5 shooting dogs of all time. Anyone had pups off him and if so were they bird finders, because I know from the pictures I seen of them they definitely are nice looking fancy dogs.

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Sun May 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Ive had a few out of him. Have one now. Good dogs.

Birddog3412

Post by Birddog3412 » Sun May 20, 2012 8:03 pm

I believe Sinbad is 8. He has two littermates that are champion shooting dogs as well, Merrihills Carolina and Merrihills Dakota. Along with a littermate brother Merrihills Brute who has shooting dog and all age wins. His sire Crocket (Island Grove Brute) is a really good dog and his littermate Island Grove Scoundrel was also a champion that was campaigned by Shawn Kinklaar. He was bred very little after he was sold about 10 years ago. He is still alive at 14 or 15. Brute and Scoundrels dam, Island Grove Elegance was an amazing female. My uncle owned her after she was retired from trialing. We shot alot of birds over her. I dont know how many times she would be retrieving a bobwhite and lock up on point with a bird in her mouth. Great intensity.

codym

Post by codym » Sun May 20, 2012 8:17 pm

[quote="Birddog3412" I dont know how many times she would be retrieving a bobwhite and lock up on point with a bird in her mouth. Great intensity.[/quote]

Thats pretty awesome.

midwestfisherman

Post by midwestfisherman » Mon May 21, 2012 6:40 pm

sckwest1 wrote:Sinbad is alive and well. He has produced very well. He was a shooting dog champion that made the jump to all age and has won all age championships as well. However, his name can be a bit decieving. When one thinks Elhew Sinbad you are lead to believe that he is at least a somewhat tight Elhew dog. Sinbad's sire is Island Grove's Brute who is not an elhew dog and is dam is the great shooting dog HOF champion Elhew Swami. Swami is by Elhew Jefferson out of the great producing Hanna' Elhew Lou who is half elhew. Bottom line is this dog is actually less than half elhew breeding. He has produced champions in all venues ranging from NSTRA, walking shooting dog, horseback shooting dog, and I am not sure how well he has produced all the all age circuit. I know he has been bred a lot to tight elhew gyps with good results. Sinbad is still active on the circuit and still winning and ran at Ames again this past year. Here is his pedigree http://www.phantomkennels.com/sinbadstbk.html This breeding produced champions in AA, SD, and a couple of multi time NSTRA champions (look at four river's ch.commander) http://fourriverskennels.com/males.htm Goodluck, SCK
I believe Sinbad has produced a CoverDog champion too.
Image * Image

"Your best conservation tool is a well trained hunting dog"

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Thu May 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Here is my derby out of Sinbad I have right now. This was taken a few months ago.

midwestfisherman

Post by midwestfisherman » Thu May 24, 2012 2:29 pm

ElhewPointer wrote:Image

Here is my derby out of Sinbad I have right now. This was taken a few months ago.

Nice looking dog!
Image * Image

"Your best conservation tool is a well trained hunting dog"

codym

Post by codym » Thu May 24, 2012 6:13 pm

Very nice