Where do you keep your dog stuff?

Andra2000

Where do you keep your dog stuff?

Post by Andra2000 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:28 pm

I was admiring my organized mess today as I was trying to find the nail clippers (they were not at the top like they are in the photo lol).

Treats, toys, collars, health stuff, sweaters, booties, mats.... etc etc etc. That's not even all of it. We have another canvas cube on a bookshelf elsewhere that has more collars, brushes, bandanas, shampoos, first aid stuff. I keep thinking there has to be a better way to do it, because I hate digging through all this crap and then it's like playing a game of Tetris trying to get it all to fit back together. Of course, the stuff I use most frequently is at the top. But still. Maybe there is no good way to organize it. Maybe I just have too much stuff.

:roll:

Stoneface

Re: Where do you keep your dog stuff?

Post by Stoneface » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:40 pm

Wow. That is a lot of stuff. I don't even have half that! Just eCollar, launchers, check cords and collars. A few odds and ends like plastic bags for markers and some tools. I keep all my "portable" gear in a little tool box my mom kept her stuff in before she passed away. All the other stuff like bowls, water jugs, etc is just tossed in the bed of the pickup.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:11 pm

I keep my dog stuff in an old cedar chest in the pantry next to the back door. Boots sitting next to it and coveralls, bibs and hats hanging on hooks above the chest. Check cords, a couple of leashes and a few other things are kept in the storage compartment of the dog box in the bed of the truck. Works out real well for somebody who is usually not very well organized with anything. 8)

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:53 pm

You people are way more organized than I am. Garage--dog food, bowls, 1 check cord, dog crates, training vest, dog trimmer(Electric). Truck--stake outs, hammer, bowls, 2 blank gun and blanks, bells, flash collar, beeper collar, first aid kit, extra dog collar with nameplates, 2 dog dog box. Coop--quail, pigeons, and bird bags & bird bands. Front patio--chain gang, cool off pool(big rubber tub with H2O), another check cord. Patio door--training shotgun and shells(incase I see varmits I don't want out front) :D Kitchen counter--collar charger, e-collar & transmitter. Refrig--dog shots. Kitchen cabinet--ivermectin, and dog meds. Laundry room--whelping pen. I think my dogs have more stuff than I do :!: :lol:

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:12 pm

I have a 10X10 tack/dog room with a workbench and a spot for everything. Its an extension off of my office and has nails in the wall to hang everything. Even still I cant find half of what I want. :roll:
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:06 pm

I have a 6X6 storage room off of my garage and keep launchers, roading outriggers, dog feed bins, reserve feed, medical supplies, whelping box, etc. On the road I have two tool boxes; one 18"x 10" for bowls, chain gang, check cords, starter pistol, 209's, ecollars, trackers, extra batteries etc., the other 8"x12" is med supplies i.e. surgical stapler, cotton swabs, hydro peroxide, triple antibiotic ointment, self sticking wrap, supply of amoxicilin (sp?), aspirin, benedril, scissors and a few other things that don't come to mind right now.

Fran Seagren

Post by Fran Seagren » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:02 pm

My answer is everywhere - in the garage, in the mud room, in our spare bedroom, in my truck, and in outside dog kennels. It would take forever and bore everyone to death if I listed all my "dog" stuff. The fact that I have both setters and labs probably adds to the amount of training gear I have. That we hunt as well as run all four dogs in competitions and tests also adds to the amount of stuff. I don't like to pay my vet for the things I can take care of myself, so I have a bunch of home remedies, grooming items, and meds included in my "dog stuff."

Having lots of "stuff" makes it more fun.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:16 am

Our's is everywhere too. It's actually pretty organized, but I think the four dogs have more "stuff" than we do also. [img][/img] Their stuff is in the garage, dog trailer, front porch, spare bed room, top of frig, shed, coop, and back of truck. I of course have a small bag too for just emergencies I carry with me too. Funny at tests and training days everyone knows who to come to for the asprin, bandaids, etc...

frosso

Post by frosso » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:21 am

Kept all the pup stuff in an nifty open tool bag in my car and then my car got stolen over the weekend. No kidding! Now I have to buy new stuff. :x
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=4514

My dog's not spoiled ... I'm just well trained

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:11 am

The bulk of my training/emergency med supplies are in a triple decker tool tote that I bought from Sears. There is a bowl for each dog in there as well. This way I can check it, pre load it the day before with beepers or e-collar or whateverI will need for what I am planning, then grab and go pretty much. I have a small utility type toolbox for the Tracker, collars, spare parts and batteries.

The launchers are hung on the wall in the garage near an outlet for charging. The dog meds and such are in my bathroom in a separate drawer and the spare collars, and all my small extra dog stuff is in one drawer of a stackable drawer bin in my den.

The dog stuff I keep in the horse trailer is mostly related to trialing, like some stakeouts, a chaingang, roading harness and lead, carrying cases with snaps for the Garmin and the Tracker, a spare checkcord and a bowl for each dog. That stuff is always in there.

RayG

SHORTFAT

Post by SHORTFAT » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:08 am

Our EP has a house she lets us keep our clothes & things in between walks & hunting trips... :mrgreen: but most of her stuff is in the entrance closet or my truck...
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:07 am

In my husband's home office. :mrgreen:
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:00 pm

frosso wrote:Kept all the pup stuff in an nifty open tool bag in my car and then my car got stolen over the weekend. No kidding! Now I have to buy new stuff. :x
So, if you don't want your car stolen, don't keep your dog stuff in it :cry: . Seriously though, sorry to hear that. That really sucks and I hope they catch the dirt bags.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

wad69

Post by wad69 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:32 am

Took a five gallon bucket and baught a Kobalt tool pouch that fit into a bucket. Holds multiple whistles, scent bottles, e-collars, transmitters, gloves, knives, tools, etc. and in the middle I keep multiple dummies, retrieve-R-trainer, .22 loads, collapsable dishes for water and food, bag of treats, with room to spare. Around the handle multiple cords, leads and lanyards noosed-up. Just grab and go. Incredibly convenient and inexpensive.

madmurph

Post by madmurph » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:30 pm

I kind of have everything spread around, but organized. In the garage I keep larger items like the launchers, auto backer and bird transport cages. In a bin in a kitchen cupboard I keep any meds, nail clippers, some first aid items and the like. I keep most of my training equipment; check cords, e-collars, retrieving dummies, leashes, full first aid kit, pound in tie out stakes, etc. in pull out drawers in the bed of my truck. It took several years to figure out a system, and this seems to work well, especially with all the equipment that is kept in the truck. I always show up at a test or training with the equipment that I need.
You could live without a dog, but it would not be worthwhile.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:35 pm

My Camper is my mobile dog unit/mobile hunting lodge.....everything I need for dogs, working dogs, or hunting is in it.

Have dogs will travel :D
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:00 am

Where it's needed is the simplest answer.

On a trip, especially in winter, I keep anything battery related in a seperate electronics bag.
Makes it easier to remember and take into the room rather than remain in a cold truck.