Dog's fur turning black

Flmedic

Dog's fur turning black

Post by Flmedic » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Hey guys! just have a quick question. I have 2 dogs, one english pointer and one GSP I bought them both the same leather collar with a brass O ring. I was outside this evening playing around and I noticed a black spot on the neck of my EP neck where the brass O ring was, then I got my GSP down and noticed she has one as well, a lot smaller she stays inside most of the time and with all the ticking it is not as noticeable as my pure white EP. I guess the question is. Is this a common occurance and it there anything I can do, besides keeping the collar dry to prevent it, or is it just a defect in the collar's ( bought them both online at the same time)

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Re: Dog's fur turning black

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:24 pm

It's a harmless reaction to the metal which will rub off if not laquered. Better what happened to your dogs than to my Casey, who is mostly white. I used a spot on coat treatment with hemp oil on him and he turned BLUE from contact with his aluminum dog house!
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:06 am

Cajun Casey wrote:It's a harmless reaction to the metal which will rub off if not laquered. Better what happened to your dogs than to my Casey, who is mostly white. I used a spot on coat treatment with hemp oil on him and he turned BLUE from contact with his aluminum dog house!
Have any pictures of that?

Corry

JoshHaker

Post by JoshHaker » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:30 am

Do you guys like leather collars? I have never bought one but I was considering it. I am currently using permatac and have been happy with it.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:31 am

Ghosted3 wrote:
Cajun Casey wrote:It's a harmless reaction to the metal which will rub off if not laquered. Better what happened to your dogs than to my Casey, who is mostly white. I used a spot on coat treatment with hemp oil on him and he turned BLUE from contact with his aluminum dog house!
Have any pictures of that?

Corry
Thankfully, no. It totally weirded out his trainer, though.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.