Above the ground dog kennel setups

B&BWeims

Above the ground dog kennel setups

Post by B&BWeims » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:04 pm

Does anyone have or know where I can find an above the ground dog kennel setup/plan?

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Above the ground dog kennel setups

Post by ACooper » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:03 am

gotpointers

Re: Above the ground dog kennel setups

Post by gotpointers » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:57 am

I built a few just with ideas off what i could google image search. I keyworded above ground dog kennel and went through a lot of pictures. Expanded metal floors have cost less and worked great. No pups have lost a toe yet and they don't get a chance to wallow in their own $!!!!. The side panels have been 2x4 welded horse panels. 4x8 is a good size floor and just so happens to be the same size as a sheet of expanded metal. and i cut a 5' tall horse panel in half for the side walls and gate for the puppy pens. 1" square tubing frame for the door. 2x4 for the top frame 2x6 for the bottom and legs. Run the same upright board 16" past the bottom of the frame for legs and do the same on all four sides so you can nail them together for braceing in the corners. A good coat of paint and a propanel roof are all that's needed. I plan on moving all my dogs to above ground kennels in my barn. and just fencing a large excercise yard. I can leave a kennel door open and my dogs will get back in by themselves when they are done running around.