Conformation, Endurance & Trial Misconceptions

BillThomas

Re: Conformation, Endurance & Trial Misconceptions

Post by BillThomas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:16 am

Garrison wrote: Sorry I am a bit confused.
Evidently

No it is not your dog and you were posting it and describing its abilities in the field as if it was?
I will say it again in simple English.
No, it is not my dog.

I described the photo by stating:
'Some HUNTERS employ both DDs & Pointers and they the DDs hold their own just fine.' (Insert PIC)
How anyone can conclude that SOME means I, is beyond me...so Im sorry again for any confusion.

No you didn't get the picture from the guy that previously posted it?
No

brad27

Post by brad27 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:18 am

bye bill

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:24 am

BillThomas wrote:
Garrison wrote: Sorry I am a bit confused.
Evidently

No it is not your dog and you were posting it and describing its abilities in the field as if it was?
I will say it again in simple English.
No, it is not my dog.

I described the photo by stating:
'Some HUNTERS employ both DDs & Pointers and they the DDs hold their own just fine.' (Insert PIC)
How anyone can conclude that SOME means I, is beyond me...so Im sorry again for any confusion.

No you didn't get the picture from the guy that previously posted it?
No
Thanks for the clarification Bill, I was under the impression that your opinions about the subject were gathered from first hand knowledge, rather than seeing a picture on the Internet and inferring what some hunters do. I was obviously mistaken and truly sorry?
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

BillThomas

Post by BillThomas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:33 am

Garrison wrote: Thanks for the clarification Bill, I was under the impression that your opinions about the subject were gathered from first hand knowledge, rather than seeing a picture on the Internet and inferring what some hunters do. I was obviously mistaken and truly sorry?

Ive never hunted with Trial Pointers, so I have no first hand experiences to recount.

However, I have hunted over/with/against Trial Setters and will relay that in another thread.

My picture laden thread was in response to RayGs thread and addressed it with a pic and 2nd hand account.

Apology accepted and offered for the confusion and coming off rudely in any way.

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:44 am

Ive never hunted with Trial Pointers, so I have no first hand experiences to recount.

That says it all! Bring your DD and put him down with this dude in the chukar hills and see how he fares!

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:47 am

Brittguy wrote:A lot of dogs are picked up at Ames not because they couldn't finish in an acceptable manner but because the handler knows he does not have a winning performance and decides not to just keep a dog down for the total 3 hrs. Judges should appreciate this attitude.
Not only that, but dogs only have so many 3 hr performances in them. If they're not getting it done, it's in everyone's best interest to pick them up.

BillThomas

Post by BillThomas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:53 am

Elkhunter wrote:

That says it all! Bring your DD and put him down with this dude in the chukar hills and see how he fares!
I believe in using the best tool for the job.
That said, If all i hunted was chukars, it wouldnt be with a 80lb DD.

But I wouldnt choose that pointer over my DD for retrieving from the Ohio River in Dec./January, Baying up Hogs, Blood Tracking Deer, Killing coons and cats, Cattail & CRP Phez or guarding my truck.

But for the record, there are more than a handful of hunters using DDs successfully on Chukars out west.

BillThomas

Post by BillThomas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:55 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
Brittguy wrote:A lot of dogs are picked up at Ames not because they couldn't finish in an acceptable manner but because the handler knows he does not have a winning performance and decides not to just keep a dog down for the total 3 hrs. Judges should appreciate this attitude.
Not only that, but dogs only have so many 3 hr performances in them. If they're not getting it done, it's in everyone's best interest to pick them up.

Thats very interesting.
What do you mean by 'Dogs Only So many 3 hr performances in them' ?

A typical day hunting for me is 3-4 hours...
Last edited by BillThomas on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:55 am

Bill,
You're going to have to stop throwing up pictures to support your points if you don't have the context for the picture. The dog's performance could have been terrible and still picked up those birds. For that matter, the birds could have been pointed by another dog altogether.

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:56 am

BillThomas wrote:
Garrison wrote: Thanks for the clarification Bill, I was under the impression that your opinions about the subject were gathered from first hand knowledge, rather than seeing a picture on the Internet and inferring what some hunters do. I was obviously mistaken and truly sorry?

However, I have hunted over/with/against Trial Setters and will relay that in another thread.

My picture laden thread was in response to RayGs thread and addressed it with a pic and 2nd hand account.

Apology accepted and offered for the confusion and coming off rudely in any way.
Thanks Bill your apology means alot to me, as do your well researched opinions. The Internet is a wealth of information.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:58 am

BillThomas wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:

Thats very interesting.
What do you mean by 'Only So many 3 hr performances in them'?

A typical day hunting for me is 3 hours...
Which says that you know diddly about trials. The pace that they go at is entirely different.

An analogy would be that you can walk for 2 hours and compare yourself favorably to a marathon runner completing the run in 2:05:38.

BillThomas

Post by BillThomas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:59 am

Greg Jennings wrote:Bill,
You're going to have to stop throwing up pictures to support your points if you don't have the context for the picture. The dog's performance could have been terrible and still picked up those birds. For that matter, the birds could have been pointed by another dog altogether.
Mr Greg Jennings,
There are many DD/PP kennels in the West, who hunt Chukar specifically and almost exclusively.

I sincerely doubt they are photo shopping their pictures. Is that what you accuse them of?
Some are also NSTRA competitors? Are those events fraudulent also?

Please clarify for me.

ckirsch

Post by ckirsch » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:03 pm

BillThomas wrote:.Go hunt some cattails with the same 2 dogs and report back to me after 3 days.
This guy sounds more like Birddogz with every post......

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:07 pm

ckirsch wrote:
BillThomas wrote:.Go hunt some cattails with the same 2 dogs and report back to me after 3 days.
If your not hunting in the cattails your not huntin! :)

BillThomas

Post by BillThomas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:11 pm

Elkhunter wrote:
ckirsch wrote:
If your not hunting in the cattails your not huntin! :)
I hunt in the state forests, in the dove/duck blinds, and in CRP fields.

Its where Most of America hunts and where I hunt.

Id love to live near the praries but I dont. So would many trialers out here, but they seem to do jsut fine and Ive never heard them complain.

For heavens sake, Ames is run in TN, just 1 state away.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:15 pm

BillThomas wrote:Please clarify for me.
I'm tell you that you shouldn't be pulling their pictures and posting them into a completely different context to support your point. Frankly, it's intellectually dishonest.

dan v

Post by dan v » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:17 pm

brad27 wrote:bye bill
I'll give him this....he's tenacious. Like a DD on a possum. :mrgreen:
Dan

brad27

Post by brad27 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:20 pm

Wyndancer wrote:
About the same as the last time he was on here before he got banned.

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

brad27 wrote:
Wyndancer wrote:
About the same as the last time he was on here before he got banned.
Teachers do have a lot of time to kill during the summer!
- Mark Twain-

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Ames is run on bob white on a plantation in West TN. I grew up not too far from there. It has MINIMAL overlap with hunting pheasants in CRP fields.

It is also really NOT an AA venue. All the qualifying trials are AA, then the dog has to throttle it in at Ames. IOW, it's a test of the dog adjusting range to the cover.

BillThomas

Post by BillThomas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:Ames is run on bob white on a plantation in West TN. I grew up not too far from there. It has MINIMAL overlap with hunting pheasants in CRP fields.

It is also really NOT an AA venue. All the qualifying trials are AA, then the dog has to throttle it in at Ames. IOW, it's a test of the dog adjusting range to the cover.
Thanks, Greg,

As you may or may not know, Ohio once had sizeable farms, before the agrifarms and was a top 10 phez state circa 1950s/60s.

I could walk out my front door with my GSPs and my 870 and go hunt 5000+ acres and limit alot.
And I did.

brad27

Post by brad27 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Teachers do have a lot of time to kill during the summer!
So do certain yard managers :wink:

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:27 pm

Bill isn't BirdDogz unless he's moved to Ohio which he'd never do.

BirdDogz was narrow minded, but give him his due, he'd made the sacrifices to live the life he loves.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:32 pm

Bill in not BD but the guy that would rather live in Germany if some one would give him the money to do so!

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:34 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:Bill isn't BirdDogz unless he's moved to Ohio which he'd never do.

BirdDogz was narrow minded, but give him his due, he'd made the sacrifices to live the life he loves.
Then he must of stollen his play book, same studies, same tired arguments, same tone even takes the same pictures off the Internet.
- Mark Twain-

BillThomas

Post by BillThomas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Garrison wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:Bill isn't BirdDogz unless he's moved to Ohio which he'd never do.

Then he must of stollen his play book, same studies, same tired arguments, same tone even takes the same pictures off the Internet.

If Birddogs questioned the legitimacy, efficacy and validity of Trialing, and whether or not it is promoting or handicapping the search and venue for the best Hunting dogs, then he and I share some commonality.

Critical thinking leads one to such questioning.

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:44 pm

Less to do with dogs/trialing and more to do with people skills and civil discusion.I believe this is the point were you are supposed to tell us about Bob Farris.
- Mark Twain-

BillThomas

Post by BillThomas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:46 pm

Garrison wrote:Less to do with dogs/trialing and more to do with people skills and civil discusion.I believe this is the point were you are supposed to tell us about Bob Farris.
I dont own a Pudelpointer.

But I will compliment Mr Farris for his work and committment.

ive yet to hear anything critical of his dogs from owners that have hunted over them or with them.

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:47 pm

There is obvously something "critically" missing from your arguments. Thinking isnt missing although understanding of what you are against. Best advice would be to gather some first hand knowledge and DO IT, pontification with no facts only leads to a baseless argument that no one will agree with.
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:51 pm

ive yet to hear anything critical of his dogs from owners that have hunted over them or with them.

That is where your opinion is questionable, I bet a $100 that every trainer or trialer on this board could tell you where their dog could improve, even the minute after they won at the highest level.
- Mark Twain-

BillThomas

Post by BillThomas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Garrison wrote:
I bet a $100 that every trainer or trialer on this board could tell you where their dog could improve, even the minute after they won at the highest level.
Trialers and trainers FOR trialers, largely run and test on Pen Birds!!!

That said, I have browsed the 4-5 Gundog Forums on the net.
I also considered a PP before deciding on a DD. I attended Navhda tests, JGHV tests, multiple tests with 100s of dogs.
I talked to hunters, owners, and guides.
I looked long and hard before making a decision.
I still have yet to read, hear, or watch a PP from Farris kennel or any PP/DD kennel or hunter, that was critical.

And yet none of these dogs are trial bred. But standard bred.
And they are hunted, as a rule, breeders generally wont sell to non hunters, as in, bring your hunting license when you come to buy the dog, or you will not be sold a dog.

So if you know something critical of PP, Farris or the NA club, please post it or PM it.
It would be a first.

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:09 pm

BillThomas wrote:
Garrison wrote:
I bet a $100 that every trainer or trialer on this board could tell you where their dog could improve, even the minute after they won at the highest level.
Trialers and trainers FOR trialers, largely run and test on Pen Birds!!!

That said, I have browsed the 4-5 Gundog Forums on the net.
I also considered a PP before deciding on a DD. I attended Navhda tests, JGHV tests, multiple tests with 100s of dogs.
I talked to hunters, owners, and guides.
I looked long and hard before making a decision.
I still have yet to read, hear, or watch a PP from Farris kennel or any PP/DD kennel or hunter, that was critical.

And yet none of these dogs are trial bred. But standard bred.
And they are hunted, as a rule, breeders generally wont sell to non hunters, as in, bring your hunting license when you come to buy the dog, or you will not be sold a dog.

So if you know something critical of PP, Farris or the NA club, please post it or PM it.
It would be a first.

I read on some forum from some guy with little experience that they were ugly and slow, pretty much seals the deal for me, I don't even need to see them hunt mind is made up.

A little off topic but my friend told me his kid is the best basketball player in the state but his coach is a real jerk and won't let him get off the bench.
- Mark Twain-

BillThomas

Post by BillThomas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:17 pm

Garrison wrote: A little off topic but my friend told me his kid is the best basketball player in the state but his coach is a real jerk and won't let him get off the bench.
Ben Roethlisberger, All Pro at Pittsburgh, played behind a Coaches son in high school and why he never went to play in Big time college football, but got 1 offer from Miami Ohio.
Ive seen many players get railroaded. It happens as a general rule.

I played Div 1 football against some of the best, like Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, Christ Spielman, Anthony Thompson, Daryl Thompson, et al

Politics, Nepotism and favoritism is everywhere including dog sporting events.
Your point was what? Or did I just make it for you?

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:48 pm

BillThomas wrote:
Garrison wrote: A little off topic but my friend told me his kid is the best basketball player in the state but his coach is a real jerk and won't let him get off the bench.
Ben Roethlisberger, All Pro at Pittsburgh, played behind a Coaches son in high school and why he never went to play in Big time college football, but got 1 offer from Miami Ohio.
Ive seen many players get railroaded. It happens as a general rule.

I played Div 1 football against some of the best, like Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, Christ Spielman, Anthony Thompson, Daryl Thompson, et al

Must have been a good school. How did English/Spelling 101 go for you? YIKES

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:01 pm

What fine institution would this be? I would love to know if you "played" or watched. Its a big difference. Kind of like bird dogs. There is the JV team and the people that actually play. I already know the guy that you were on that team. Talk the talk, but youre just a scout team hero.

GWPtyler

Post by GWPtyler » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Wow...it only takes one guy to turn this into a willie measuring contest. Well, at least two, I suppose...otherwise what would he have to compare with???

dan v

Post by dan v » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:39 pm

ElhewPointer wrote:
BillThomas wrote:

Daryl Thompson is a baseball player...Darrell Thompson, football player
Dan

BillThomas

Post by BillThomas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:47 pm

ElhewPointer wrote: Must have been a good school. How did English/Spelling 101 go for you? YIKES
Spelling was High School. I was a B student.
And the same in college.
Spelling was not my strong point. I can activate spell check, but Im lazy.

What fine institution would this be? I would love to know if you "played" or watched. Its a big difference. Kind of like bird dogs. There is the JV team and the people that actually play. I already know the guy that you were on that team. Talk the talk, but youre just a scout team hero.
Seems you speak with envy.
I played at 2 schools, as i transferred from the Big 10 (red shirted) after a year, where I was on full scholarship, TO the MAC Conference, again on Full scholarship. I was ineligible a year (NCAA rules) and started & played 15 games until I injured by shoulder.
I played and started my entire Junior year and the first 4 games of my senior year.
I Played against the likes of 8th rated LSU at LSU-we won, Miami U-Fla, Mich State, Purdue, Minnesota, OK State et al
I averaged 3 receptions per game, and blocked well enough to get a look at the next level..
I had a try out witht the CFL (Canada) but declined due to a death in the family.
I had Bo Schembechler, Howard Schnellenberger, Bill Mallory, D*ck Crum of UNC in my home, among 40 other schools recruiting me. I chose IU initially.
I have an All American Bowl ring on my hand. FLorida State game in Birmingham Alabama.

Some of use actually DID, awhile others like you, had their glory days in high school, and do nothing but try to smear those of us that were good enough to actually go to the next level.
Last edited by BillThomas on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BillThomas

Post by BillThomas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:52 pm

Wyndancer wrote:
ElhewPointer wrote:
BillThomas wrote:

Daryl Thompson is a baseball player...Darrell Thompson, football player
If you say so.
ive not met him, nor do I know how he spells his name.
I think he actually won a Heisman. Playing against him and Barry Sanders makes 2 that I played against-I was on Kickoff team in addition to playing offense.

Georgia Boy

Post by Georgia Boy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:03 pm

jetjockey wrote:Bill

I'd happily run my trial brittany against that DD you posted in a hunting situation. As a matter of fact, I do it nearly every year on pheasants. But if prior results have any indication of future results, you might be in trouble. Last year we had our birds and were enjoying a nice lunch while the guys hunting over the DD's were still trying to get theirs. We typically kill 2 to 1 over my trial dog then they do their DD's. But I have to admit, they did back nicely!
Is the dog in your avatar your "Brittany" because it looks like a pointer?
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion www.vommountaincreek.com

Georgia Boy

Post by Georgia Boy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Holy Balls, these last few threads have been real pissing matches, very entertaining :lol:
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion www.vommountaincreek.com

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:08 pm

BillThomas wrote:I played at 2 schools, as i transferred from the Big 10 (red shirted) after a year, where I was on full scholarship, TO the MAC Conference, again on Full scholarship. I was ineligible a year (NCAA rules) and started & played 15 games until I injured by shoulder.
I played and started my entire Junior year and the first 4 games of my senior year.
I Played against the likes of 8th rated LSU at LSU-we won, Miami U-Fla, Mich State, Purdue, Minnesota, OK State et al
I averaged 3 receptions per game, and blocked well enough to get a look at the next level..
I had a try out witht the CFL (Canada) but declined due to a death in the family.
I had Bo Schembechler, Howard Schnellenberger, Bill Mallory, D*ck Crum of UNC in my home, among 40 other schools recruiting me. I chose IU initially.
I have an All American Bowl ring on my hand. FLorida State game in Birmingham Alabama.

Some of use actually DID, awhile others like you, had their glory days in high school, and do nothing but try to smear those of us that were good enough to actually go to the next level

Boy, I for one sure wouldn't argue football with you...both my high school football and baseball careers were pretty darned unremarkable, I spent way too much time skipping practices and quitting to hunt, fish and train dogs. Coaches and teams are extremely intolerant of that behavior, and in hind sight that seems reasonable.

BillThomas

Post by BillThomas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:13 pm

Chukar12 wrote:
Boy, I for one sure wouldn't argue football with you...both my high school football and baseball careers were pretty darned unremarkable, I spent way too much time skipping practices and quitting to hunt, fish and train dogs. Coaches and teams are extremely intolerant of that behavior, and in hind sight that seems reasonable.
Argue away if you wish.
Howd you like this blocking assignment?

I had this assignment an entire Spring game. Could be I took too many shots to the head.
He was a teammate and we were known to spar quite frequently.

Nolan Harrison-retired, IU grad, ATM machines worst nightmare-story unto itself Ill save for later

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Bill, what made you a good football player?
Was it because you were fast?
Because you were strong in the weight room?
Had good football sense?
Good hands?

Or was it that all those things and more made you the total package?

Sure wouldn't want the coaches to judge me with only a single criteria in mind.
- Mark Twain-

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:24 pm

quite an intimidating assignment...to block
but if he and I both were given a dog to break by any standard I would bet my net worth that I bury the SOB and i will give him pick of the litter...

BillThomas

Post by BillThomas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:32 pm

Garrison wrote:Bill, what made you a good football player?
Was it because you were fast?
Because you were strong in the weight room?
Had good football sense?
Good hands?

Or was it that all those things and more made you the total package?

Sure wouldn't want the coaches to judge me with only a single criteria in mind.

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I knew my limitations and worked very hard.
Knew I was never the best, but no one out worked me, and mentally I was pretty tough.
I modeled myself after the best and toughest fullbacks and tight ends-Tom Rathmans and Mark Bavaro types.

I was fast enough but not 'fast'-4.55 my fastest time.
Explosive but not break away speed.
Strong enough but not extremely strong-405 bench, 635 squat,
Excellent Soft Hands which I worked at alot, and pretty good sense for the game.

You could say I was a heady, tough player with pretty good abilities. Well rounded if you will which made me marketable.
UM ranked me the #5 Fullback in the country-least thats what Bo told me.

BillThomas

Post by BillThomas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Chukar12 wrote:quite an intimidating assignment...to block
but if he and I both were given a dog to break by any standard I would bet my net worth that I bury the SOB and i will give him pick of the litter...
I hit him high one time and bounced off.
So The rest of the game I hit his knees every play and took him right down.

We got into it once pretty good, and I got the better of him, Coach Mallory then beat me upside the head a few times when coaches were still allowed to hit & scream at their players physically.
This was the Red/White Spring Game.

Did I mention that bartending & playing in a Rock band is a much easier way to pay for school?

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:37 pm

WOW!
BillThomas wrote:Did I mention that bartending & playing in a Rock band is a much easier way to pay for school?
No, you didn't but i am sure all of your fans will heed this advice and pass it along to their children

BillThomas

Post by BillThomas » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Chukar12 wrote:WOW!
BillThomas wrote:Did I mention that bartending & playing in a Rock band is a much easier way to pay for school?
No, you didn't but i am sure all of your fans will heed this advice and pass it along to their children
I never saw the point in college athletics, except to play profesionally.

We made tens of Millions for the University, but some of my teammates didnt have enough money to travel home to see their families on holidays, and I barely scraped by myself.

Im not sure how many concussions I suffered, but its more than a few.
For what? A ring, a Jersey and sweatshirt. And a piece of paper.
And in truth, I learned j*acksh*t in those 4 years, except how to tap a keg,
Oh, and that college football players are really fast in the next level, hit much harder, dont run into a zone, and the coashes dont give a crap about you.

I "bleep" sure didnt devote my time to academics, my full time job and vocation was playing football and helping to fund the University. And when done with practice or games, I had to medicate myself with beer or advil or both to get by.
A roommate managing the local liquor store comes in handy.

It worked out to slave labor, probably less than minimum wage all said and done.
Cynical? Perhaps.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:47 pm

Dang! I thought this was a gundog site not braggorts & their past.A little hint Bill it's over & done.We could all live our past brags here even I,believe it or not!!