New Father

Brittlver

New Father

Post by Brittlver » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:00 pm

Molly had her puppies Yesterday. 6 total. 4 males 2 females. 3 L&W and 3 O&W. Ad in the for sale section. Love seeing little puppies.

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Re: New Father

Post by Ruffshooter » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:24 pm

Now that is just to cute. Congrats, Dad.
Which one looks like you?
Rick
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:31 pm

They are not ugly enough to resemble me. LOL :lol: They are all way to cute.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:37 am

Congrats Jesse!! Where the heck you been anyway?

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

fireangel

Post by fireangel » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:44 am

They are soo cute!

Bberry20

Post by Bberry20 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:35 am

great pics, you will have to post more as the grow. Congrats.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:16 pm

Why won't they be papered? Just curious.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:43 pm

I have hear and there. Been pretty busy with the little one. She is getting to the point where she gets into everything.

Quick little update on the pups. We lost one last night to Molly suffocating it. It was one of the O&W Males. The rest got their dew claws removed and tails docked to 1 in today. All are doing well. Molly is getting a little better with them but we still have to keep an eye on her.

They won't be papered as the male we had did not have papers either and this litter is not to the Brittany specs. Only two have true markings of a Brittany and the rest barely have any spots on them. They are almost all white at this time. Starting show some color but will not look anything like a Brittany, more like a setter. Male came from Ezzy's and Git r Dones breeding. All will be fantastic hunters. Will take some more pics when they get a little bigger.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Joe had a female who was a tall slim dog that was really nice in the field but her breeding was somewhat questionable to me as she showed some setter characteristics to me and I had heard the rumors back when her sire or grandsire were being trialed. He asked if he could breed her to my male and I agreed as it was a time when Joe was having some problems at home and having trouble finding a job. He had a litter of pups that I couldn't hardly believe the markings as they were to me pure setter markings. Pups with white earsn no or half masks, and practically no coloring on most of them. I suggested they not be registered and Joe agreed as he had people wanting a hunting dog and felt he could sell all of the pups. The pup Jesse got is the pick of the litter, as he looked like my male except for the coloring. The rest were built more like the dam and colored also like a setter.

This is just another exmple of what happens when someone thinks field work is all that is important in breeding our dogs. Size, color, conformation, and field ability all play a huge part in breeding if you have any interest in continuing any breed as we know it. And just because a pup from those kind of breedings turns out good that is not the end of the problem as it will come back to bite someone down the road a generation or two from now.

Anyway, these pups of Jesse's should be fine in the field and be nice dogs, as joe's female, my male, and Jesse's female all work very well. But no matter what we thought they just aren't Brittanys and should not be used in any breeding. But if someone wants a nice pet, housedog, hunting dog they should fill that bill very well. They do have some great dogs in their pedigree plus who knows.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:46 pm

Thanks for the great compliment. I do agree that these pups, even if they can NOT be registered they will make wonderful hunting dogs. My female has strong prey drive and will hunt until your legs fall off and still want to continue. I believe these pups will do the same. The males so far are quiet big, very big bodies and will be nice strong dogs. The females are showing signs of being affectionate as all they want to do is cuddle. They all want to cuddle as they are only 3 days old but you can tell they all have different personalities. Can wait till they are a bit older.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:57 pm

Sorry you lost a pup. I had a first time momma worry two newborns to death. She messed with them so much they didn't get to nurse enough. Hate losing the little guys.

If someone wants to take one if those pups to Performance events or Hunt Tests they can do so with a PAL after they are neutered.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:32 pm

UPDATE:

We lost another one. She suffocated this one as well. She will be seperated unless we are there to watch her all the time. Hopefully we can make it another couple days until they are strong enough to get out of her way. We lost the L&W female.

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:04 pm