D.T. Systems BL 509

Ken Lynch

D.T. Systems BL 509

Post by Ken Lynch » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:26 pm

I have 3 remote launchers and one controller. I have not used the traps in about a year. Went to use them and now have the following problem. After changing all batteries to new ones and reprogramming launchers to the controller, all traps only work intermittently. Both launch or beeper buttons operate any given trap intermittently. I tried holding the transmitter next to the receiver antenna. I tried using the transmitter at a distance (5 - 10 feet) from the receiver. Although there was a perceptible improvement once I got several feet from the receiver, operation was still intermittent but failure was less frequent. I have the following questions. When you depress and hold down the launch button on the controller does it send a onetime launch signal or is a launch signal repeatedly sent as long as the button is depressed? The indicator on the transmitter is on as long as the button is depressed. Does anyone know of corrosion problems in electronics in either transmitter or receivers?
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Re: D.T. Systems BL 509

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:11 pm

I had that same problem untill I bought another transmitter,don't know why but that did the trick. :?

donne

Post by donne » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:26 am

I bought a used second DT launcher and controller from a guy who quit. Took it home and programed the trap to my original controller. Same thing. Sometime it would work , but most of the time it wouldn't. Tried different combinations with poor results. Measured all the batteries and they were all at least 9.1volt. I was pi$$ed. Thought I got ripped off. THEN I read the manual :roll: Said to use "quality" batteries. Got 4 new , name brand batteries and guess what. Everything works great now. Any combination. :D
Try some new name brand 9 volt batteries.

Ken Lynch

Post by Ken Lynch » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:22 am

I know I am not supposed to name names but I think "Duracell" is one of the name brands that is reliable. I am going to try a friends transmitter in a few days.
Groucho Marx

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:57 am

I did the new name brand batteries,cleaned all contacts,etc. when you pushed the button some times it launched some times it didn't,if you held the button down didn't help.If I would keep hitting the button & releasing then pushing & releasing time after time eventually it would launch but never knew when.I bought a used transmitter put the same batteries in it & they work everytime so my guess it was the transmitter.
I'm not sure which would be cheapest to have the old one repaired or buy used one I guess that would depend on what you can find a used one for.They are worse then using nothing if they don't launch when they should.

Good Luck!!

V-John

Post by V-John » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Roughly the same problem as you. Pisses me off that all these transmitters have the same problem and you have to send it back and pay for repair. Currently they have my transmitter. I will post what happens and how much it costs.

Ken Lynch

Post by Ken Lynch » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:33 pm

Whatever the problem is, it is with my transmitter. I have 3 traps. I programmed all three traps to switch setting 1 and then armed all 3 traps. I then depressed the transmitter launch button. Still had intermittent problem but when it worked all three worked at same time. Always got all 3 traps to work at the same time when they did work. Tried programming all three traps to the same transmitter setting (1 or 2 or 3 or 4...). When they launched all 3 worked at the same time. I even tried rotating back and forth the selector switch in the transmitter. Thought maybe there might be some corrosion on the switch setting contacts. Thought that might have fixed the problem because I got a long string of successful launches with first push of the transmitter launch button. Wrong. Still have the intermittent launch problem.
Groucho Marx

V-John

Post by V-John » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:45 am

After expressing my displeasure both on the phone, and in writing with dt, i sent my transmitter in for repair. After you send in something for repairs they call you before they repair it so you can pay for it before they fix it and ship it. However, i recieved the transmitter the other day in the mail and never got a call regarding payment. So kudos to them for that. I havent tested the transmitter but assume the fixed it correctly. It still irks me that this problem occured in both transmitters i have and in just about everyone elses transmitter to but im glad they fixed the problem.