Tight breeding

SCT

Tight breeding

Post by SCT » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:13 pm

How would this be for a tight breeding??

Branscum's Always On to

Branscum's Calamity Kate

I may try it next spring.

Steve

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Tight breeding

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:15 am

http://www.czerwonytrop.com/inb/index.p ... =ok&lng=en

Enter ever dog that is the same exactly the same ...I suggest do not add titles or even caps ..the same name has to be entered the same but if you have up to 10 generations on both sides it is amazing at what dogs come out in a breeding
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

adogslife

Post by adogslife » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:05 am

When breeding, it's all about the genetics

SCT

Post by SCT » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:01 am

kninebirddog wrote:http://www.czerwonytrop.com/inb/index.p ... =ok&lng=en

Enter ever dog that is the same exactly the same ...I suggest do not add titles or even caps ..the same name has to be entered the same but if you have up to 10 generations on both sides it is amazing at what dogs come out in a breeding
Yeah, A friend did a 10 year contribution chart of intended litter for me and it is very interesting which dogs do the most contributing. Since they have the same sire, HE shows to have as much contribution percentage as the prospective sire and dam. If both dogs prove themselves through this falls hunting and field trial season and I can keep them healthy through the first of the year, I will probably breed them.

Steve

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:21 am

Anyone know if the "Blue Collar Baby" gyp is still around? If so who owns her? She's showing up in both the pedigrees top and bottom a few times.

SCT

Post by SCT » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:31 pm

That's a good question that I cannot answer, but she looks to have some nice breeding behind her.

codym

Post by codym » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:58 pm

So I'm guessing from the potential breeding your a fan of Nickel dogs and what doc holiday is throwing? I'm a crows little joe fan and I'm really excited to get my hands on some of this stuff. What is your experience with it so far?

SCT

Post by SCT » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:31 pm

Cody, I have to say they are just like Mike told me they would be. "Soft to the hand, tough to the country". I probably shouldn't get started because it could be a long post, but I really like them so far. They are TOUGH (but not hard headed), very intelligent, put together correctly, good noses, lots of point, big motors, love to hunt. They seem to gain confidence early and easily, in the field, but they are wary about strange things (another sign of intelligence). When you put them in the crate they calmly lay down and when you let them out they take their time coming out. They look timid when they are coming out of the crate, but you put them on the ground and they run bold as can be. They aren't soft or timid. If you like to slap your dogs around or shock on them a lot these won't work for you. They are just too smart. But, if you take the time to show them what you want 'em to do, when they understand, they want to do it. These dogs are not for the faint of heart. First day on the grouse moors a couple weeks ago Boone went off the grid at 1.2 miles. He only cares about going hunting. I am teaching him to handle and he's picking it up nicely. He was 15 months old when I got him (now 17 months) from Mike and very well started. My female Kate, I got as a pup and she started making 600 yard casts at 5 months old. Her first point on wild grouse was 600 yards out on the garmin. She is very trustworthy now and checks in often. She showed smarts early on. Like when I threw the tennis ball in the house I would bank it off the wall. She figured out real quick to meet the ball after it bounced off the wall. They have their quirkiness about some things, but that doesn't bother me. Also, they love people and have been known to play rough, but they are not aggressive in any way (except their desire to hunt birds).

I've had about a half dozen pointers before these dogs came along and I'd have to say these are TOP SHELF. I doubt I'll ever have another line. But, I love smart, big running bird dogs.

Steve

codym

Post by codym » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:30 pm

I can't wait to get mine I got one coming out of ridgeland on here's litter. Hope I have the same experience you have had.

SCT

Post by SCT » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Cody, if I had more room I would get one of John's pups. I'm confident you will love whatever you get from him. What are you getting Male or female??

Steve

codym

Post by codym » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:30 pm

A female. I'm trying to get some nice foundation females so hopefully this baby turns out to be the real deal, I have some pretty high standards!lol I've talked to Mike and have heard these dogs are different than anything else out there.

SCT

Post by SCT » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:41 pm

They are different than anything I've had. You don't have to worry about them quitting, ain't gonna happen. Stay in contact with Mike, he knows these dogs real well.

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:50 pm

WOW :D looks like some great stuff. Can you post youtube of them working and pointing. Thanks, Troy
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

SCT

Post by SCT » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:45 pm

Troy,

I've got a new video camera just for that purpose and will film them hunting this fall. Hopefully I can figure out how to create a video or two for youtube.

Steve