M-Doggies Launchers

Post by rkappes » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:16 am

Anyone ever use these launchers?

http://www.c-over-acres-inc.com/

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Re: M-Doggies Launchers

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:45 pm

I had 2 in the past that I sold to a lady on this forum and purchased a couple more about 6-12 months ago, can't remember for sure. They work great for me. The range on them is only about 80 yards or so but that is plenty when you are training young dogs, at least for me. They are well built and come with a small remote that will control up to 3 launchers with a fourth button for a locator tone.

zigzag

Post by zigzag » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:11 pm

This is why I like this forum, I have been looking for somthing at this price point for awhile.

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:34 am

tommyboy72 wrote:I had 2 in the past that I sold to a lady on this forum and purchased a couple more about 6-12 months ago, can't remember for sure. They work great for me. The range on them is only about 80 yards or so but that is plenty when you are training young dogs, at least for me. They are well built and come with a small remote that will control up to 3 launchers with a fourth button for a locator tone.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I think I'll buy one or a couple next week. Thanks again.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:10 am

No problem. The first 1 I had I actually learned a lot about the product. The first one I had was when the company was still in its infancy and he was still in the development phase. I received a launcher that did not work and spoke with the then owner on the phone several times and learned to change out the circuitry board, wiring harness, battery, charging plug. Turned out that the battery that was sent from the factory had been allowed to discharge too much and did not want to charge in the launcher. I removed that battery and took it to my local electronics shop who have a special charger that they built and designed. They call it a supercharger. All it is is a battery charger that will activate the chemicals in the battery and allow them to charge it from a much lower discharge state. I did learn a lot about taking apart and putting together the M Doggies launcher and its internal components. They are fairly simple once you get into them. I was very sad to learn that the owner and the gentleman who taught me about these passed away shortly after I bought mine. Scott was a really good guy. I am not sure who is manufacturing them now but they were being manufactured right here in the good ole USA in Utah. I think maybe Scott had an engineer partner who took over when he passed.

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:15 am

I just ordered one of these launchers this morning. Excited to get it!