Give them an inch and .......

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Give them an inch and .......

Post by Trekmoor » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:12 pm

This country is going stark, raving bonkers ! Not America ..... Britain. I cannot vouch for what exactly happened but it seems a man in England has been arrested and charged with "Possession of a Mortar." He was out in the countryside training his dogs using a hand held dummy-launcher. The police even sent the launcher off for "forensic examination !" :roll:
You would think there was no real criminals left for the police to catch !
The older I get, the better I was !

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Give them an inch and .......

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:13 pm

What did we do wrong to raise a generation with the lack of just good common sense?

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

reba

Post by reba » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:17 pm

The best and the finest died in the 2nd WW, leaving the idiots to breed.

volraider

Post by volraider » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:35 pm

It's like everything else the silent majority sets around and keeps their mouth shut and get what they deserve. Gun control is a prime example, let them take auto's away and before you know it you don't have a gun to shoot birds with. That's the reason we have to support other forms of hunting no matter what we think. There is types of hunting that I don't like but I support it because once they get their foot in the door you are done.

Brian

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:37 pm

volraider wrote:It's like everything else the silent majority sets around and keeps their mouth shut and get what they deserve. Gun control is a prime example, let them take auto's away and before you know it you don't have a gun to shoot birds with. That's the reason we have to support other forms of hunting no matter what we think. There is types of hunting that I don't like but I support it because once they get their foot in the door you are done.

Brian
I agree.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:15 pm

ezzy333 wrote:What did we do wrong to raise a generation with the lack of just good common sense?

Ezzy
What generation are we talking about? Surely the ones with common sense were those baby boomers spending their days smoking pot and experimenting with free love, burning books and bras and protesting Vietnam a lot of good common sense back then. Sorry gotta go I have a Dead Head concert to attend and my dealer is almost out of LSD.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:19 pm

I better stay out of this,my thoughts wouldn't go over very well!! :lol:

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:36 pm

volraider wrote:It's like everything else the silent majority sets around and keeps their mouth shut and get what they deserve. Gun control is a prime example, let them take auto's away and before you know it you don't have a gun to shoot birds with. That's the reason we have to support other forms of hunting no matter what we think. There is types of hunting that I don't like but I support it because once they get their foot in the door you are done.

Brian
Exactly right!!

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:39 pm

Bill -

I have a question.

If mortars are illegal, how did they shoot of all those fireworks for the Olympics? Maybe they used a slingshot??

RayG

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:28 am

About 25 years ago I got lifted by the police while training my labradors and using a hand held dummy launcher. I was bundled into a van along with the dogs and taken to a police station. I was then left in an interview room for some time until a couple of policemen came in to talk to me. I told them that there was no law preventing the use of a dummy launcher and that it was not classed as a firearm and I needed no permission from anyone to own one or to use it on land well away from housing.

They consulted a "law" book about this and then left me alone again. Eventually in strode Mr. Big with wee ribbons on his uniform. Edinburgh's Police Chief had arrived. He took one look at me and said , " I thought it would be you !" I had trained him and his lab just a year or two earlier ! :lol:
He told me he was releasing me, there was no offence to charge me with but would I please stay even further away from houses in the future as his officers had to waste their time dealing with any reports of "guns" being used by the public.

Since then things have gone from bad to worse. Antis of any kind of gun usage and antis of field sports bombard police, politicians and newspapers with complaints about these things and it is the squeaky wheel that gets the most oil.

I hope this man hires a good lawyer and the police get their asses well kicked in court for harrassment of a member of the public. I hope this man sues them to heck and gone.

Bill T.
The older I get, the better I was !

Nick Miles

Post by Nick Miles » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:38 am

reba wrote:The best and the finest died in the 2nd WW, leaving the idiots to breed.
That's a bit rough I'd say...

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:56 am

reba wrote:The best and the finest died in the 2nd WW, leaving the idiots to breed.
What about the wounded? I would consider that good breeding stock.

tasi devil

Post by tasi devil » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:00 am

Trekmoor wrote:This country is going stark, raving bonkers ! Not America ..... Britain. I cannot vouch for what exactly happened but it seems a man in England has been arrested and charged with "Possession of a Mortar." He was out in the countryside training his dogs using a hand held dummy-launcher. The police even sent the launcher off for "forensic examination !" :roll:
You would think there was no real criminals left for the police to catch !
i have a Cat H (Pistol) on my Firearm Licence due to the warped logic of Tasmania Police Firearm Services. i have no intention or desire to own a pistol.
i have however 2x four unit Bumper Boys & 1x Handheld dummy launcher.

i used to be able to use them in a large park/reserve in town .......... not any more thanks to exactly what Bill is talking about.

the warped logic of Tasmania Police is that a projectile (dummy) is propelled from a barrel with a hole in it (hole is on the side of the spigot to hold dummy) by an explosive charge (blank Ramset cartridge) initiated by a firing pin.

even my Lawyer couldn't persuade them of their stupidity.

.........tasi
i'm from under down under

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:38 am

Tasi -

Are all contractors who use Ramsets an other similar devices, required to get pisol licenses? That would seem to be required. If not I think you may have grounds for a civil suit at least.

I wonder if you could garner some financial support from local hunting associations to challenge that decision in court. Seems to me that if you are being denied the use of a public facility, that is an abridgement of your rights without due process.

As has been said, the squeaky wheel is the one that gets greased. It may be that it is time to start squeaking, rather loudly, when our rights are being trampled on. If the police get enough "false alarms" from the anti's, and have to defend themselves and their actions in front of a magistrate, and maybe lose a civil action or two, they may start taking out their frustrations on the anti's who are causing the problem.

They know who is doing the calling. Caller ID exists in moast civilized parts of the world. They can keep track of the calls and if it is a repeat caller, they can send a constable to them instead of harrassing someone who is exercising their right to recreate with their dog.

Just a thought.

RayG

ThePope

Post by ThePope » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:03 pm

I was aware that all English sport shooters had to leave the country due to the gun ban to practice .
I was actually curious how they were going to handle the shooting events this year at the olympics .......

Bonkers !
What if the UN treaty goes thru ... then what

"
For London to simply host the three .22 caliber pistol shooting events (Men’s 50m, Men’s 50m Rapid Fire and Women’s 25m) required an act of Parliament. Those training for the Olympics after the 1997 handgun ban had to practice for the 2000, 2004, and 2008 games at ranges overseas.

Read more at Ammoland.com: http://www.ammoland.com/2012/07/24/olym ... z23SEDbPSD

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:35 pm

It only takes one generation to loose all kinds of things......

Fact is the AR people are smart and know how to play the system.....shame tho when people who should have common sense don't .......
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:22 pm

problem is two fold. First the liberal laws against the item, then busybodies looking for it so they can call it in and get you busted. Cops deal with this a lot. Folks need to mind their own business and stop being nosey.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935