Shadow Oak Bo and Highground Jax Jabba

Stoneface

Shadow Oak Bo and Highground Jax Jabba

Post by Stoneface » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:13 pm

Has anyone seen either of these dogs run? I read the article about them awhile back, but have never heard a ton about them. Can they honestly hang with the big-calibur Pointers? Are they honestly in contention to be the Setter that takes Ames?
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

TChism

Re: Shadow Oak Bo and Highground Jax Jabba

Post by TChism » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:51 pm

They have both already ran at Ames. To me that means they already are competeing and winning against the big-calibur pointers. They have to win against a field of big-calibur pointers to get there. I believe Shadow Oak Bo earned runner up at the Continental last season. That is a another endurance trial that may be tougher to win than the National.

I have not seen either of them run, thus I cannot give any particulars about either dog.

TChism

Post by TChism » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:22 pm

I was wrong!! Shadow Oak Bo won the Continental in '11 and '12. Shows how much I pay attention.

cjuve

Post by cjuve » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:43 pm

Stoneface wrote:Has anyone seen either of these dogs run? I read the article about them awhile back, but have never heard a ton about them. Can they honestly hang with the big-calibur Pointers? Are they honestly in contention to be the Setter that takes Ames?
Why don't you go spend some time and watch a few braces then maybe you can form your own opinion on how much difference there is between a big running pointer and setter.

rinker

Post by rinker » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:13 am

I am no expert by any means and I haven't seen either dog. In terms of a national championship, I would think Bo would have a little advantage or Jabba, because Bo was born and raised in the West Tennessee area. Jabba has to make the adjustment of coming from the West. It is a tremendous accomplishment to qualify for the national and I'm sure they are both for real. Does any one know if they have 're-qualified' for this year's national?

tyleetess

Post by tyleetess » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:08 am

rinker wrote:I am no expert by any means and I haven't seen either dog. In terms of a national championship, I would think Bo would have a little advantage or Jabba, because Bo was born and raised in the West Tennessee area. Jabba has to make the adjustment of coming from the West. It is a tremendous accomplishment to qualify for the national and I'm sure they are both for real. Does any one know if they have 're-qualified' for this year's national?
I do not know if bo has quailified but I know jabba has. Another setter to watch is rapidan on rich robertsons string. He just won the saskatchawan aa, pretty tough compition of pointers in that trial. He was also quailified to run at ames this year before that win. I have done an enormous amount of research on both bo and jabba as I was looking to get a bitch bred. Both are nice dogs.
if at first you don't succeed, reload

dccappy

Post by dccappy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:54 pm

I have seen Jabba run at Anderson Ranch at the Pacific Coast AA. He certainly can run as big as the pointers. He is a huge running dog. He is also a big setter and very stylish on point. There is another ES that I saw at that time too - Rapidan. He had 3 finds and was stunning on each of them. He also ran every bit as big and won. He is a young dog that I think you will be hearing more about. I think he is 3.

Jagerdawg

Post by Jagerdawg » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:41 am

I guess you have your answer now :lol:

Vision

Post by Vision » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:08 am

Rapidan tore his ACL right before the NC this year. I hope he makes a full recovery. He is capable of winning a lot.

volraider

Post by volraider » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:06 am

Bo won the National at Ames last week and the continental in 2010 and runner up in 11.

dead mike

Post by dead mike » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:14 am

The setters won at Broomhill and Mortlach, if you can win at those two trials you can hang with any pointer on the planet!

Wenaha

Post by Wenaha » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:36 am

Jax Jabba is campaigned in AFTCA Region 11 (CA & NV). I see him a couple times a year at least. Hang with pointers? Well, the question might be, Can pointers hang with him? He wins quite a few trails with top caliber pointers running and against handlers like Richie Robertson and Sheldon Twer. He won the Western Open AA at Red Rock in 2011. Nice dog.

Jax Jabba is a son of Tekoa Mountain Patriot - another nice dog that produces bird dogs that can win.

I have never seen S.O. Bo run, as I have no opinion on him.