First time in the trash

isonychia

First time in the trash

Post by isonychia » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:20 am

Just when we were starting to think our dog was good to be out of the kennel while gone, he got into the trash while I was taking a shower this AM. He has never done this before, not even if we left him for a small test run. He ate the bones from 2 blue grouse! Cooked! Called the e-Vet and they said just to keep an eye on him?

Bberry20

Re: First time in the trash

Post by Bberry20 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:32 am

hope he is ok! thats never a fun feeling.

Xhipi1

Post by Xhipi1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:56 am

he should be ok as long as the bones were not too big and didnt eat anything else. my pup ate an entire dove whole and was fine. just keep an eye on his waste for any blood or abnormalities. also make sure he isnt starting to become lethargic. i kept my pup moving as much as possible to try to make him go number 2 i heard movement helps them go. Good luck and dont stress too much just keep an eye on him as much as possible.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:44 am

I wouldn't worry to much. When Bodie was a pup he ate a cell phone and TV remote. As for getting in the trash, set a mouse trap on the edge or top of the trash and put it to where he can get to it easy.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

cstokes/southeast,ks

Post by cstokes/southeast,ks » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:14 pm

DonF wrote:I wouldn't worry to much. When Bodie was a pup he ate a cell phone and TV remote. As for getting in the trash, set a mouse trap on the edge or top of the trash and put it to where he can get to it easy.

Haha I'm sure that would get the point across fast!

quackerjack

Post by quackerjack » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:50 pm

DonF wrote:I wouldn't worry to much. When Bodie was a pup he ate a cell phone and TV remote. As for getting in the trash, set a mouse trap on the edge or top of the trash and put it to where he can get to it easy.
I have some friends that have mouse traps on all their garbage cans around the house and camper. I love being around when they get set off by the owner! :lol:
Peace, it's what's for dinner!

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:57 pm

So I guess you don't need a tracking device. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:38 am

How old is the dog? Sounds like it's not ready for freedom yet. Don't get rid of the house crate to soon.