Single Trigger SxS?

DogNewbie

Single Trigger SxS?

Post by DogNewbie » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:57 am

A buddy of mine is interested in buying a SxS but has had trouble finding one that has just one trigger that he could buy used in the $600 range. I don't know much about SxS shotguns so I figured I'd ask here to see if this gun even exists. Doesn't seem like many companies are even making SxS's anymore. Thanks,

Tim

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: Single Trigger SxS?

Post by DonF » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Double trigger's are hard for me to find. Tell him to go look at CZ's. I think they are in his price ranger, single trigger and everybody seem'e to like them.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:58 pm

The price range is more an issue than not finding a ST...there are many used and new models with STs lounging around in a gun rack.
He may need to up the ante to gain more than what $600 wil buy.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Just like Don Says about looking to cz the Cz ringneck is a single trigger model. The woodcock is a double. Try gunsamerica.com and use the search HUGLU. Same gun as Cz but lower priced. Also I may have a 20 ga single trigger to part with.

dugger13

Post by dugger13 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:47 pm

The best gun for that price range is a stoeger uplander supreme. I shoot one and love it.

DogNewbie

Post by DogNewbie » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:52 pm

Cool. Thanks for the replies. I'll past those recommendations along. Keep them coming if you got them! Thanks again

Tim

JWP58

Post by JWP58 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:28 pm

Its going to cost him more than 600 (about 1k more), but it would be worth it!!!

S&W Elite Gold SxS / "bleep" Arms SxS... they come in 12, 16, and 20ga.

http://www.cabelas.com/rapid-city-gun-l ... ge-1.shtml
PSA: DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO "MRCREOLE", HE WILL RIP YOU OFF, JUST LIKE HE HAS RIPPED ME OFF (I will not edit this signature until I am paid by him)

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:43 pm

I would look for a used SKB model !!

Georgia Boy

Post by Georgia Boy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:47 pm

Yildiz makes a very nice gun for the money, the best in that price range IMHO.
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion www.vommountaincreek.com

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:45 pm

Skb is good stuff, they are the maker for a few well known brands. Mirouku in Japan makes many of the Browning doubles. Tons of high priced famous brand guns are farmed out to sub companies. And often these sub companies put out guns under other names not often recognized.
Most of the used Italian, Eibair Spain, Japanese guns are well made and can be a bargain at the used rack. I say most but not all. Check out a good breretta and how the wood meets the metal, pull the fore and look at the way the metal parts are finished and fit. Then compare what you observed to the other guns out there. After looking at a bunch of guns and how they are put together s you will recognize a quality double even If you have never heard of the maker.

ibbowhunting

Post by ibbowhunting » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:33 pm

from what i read yildiz is the best bang for your buck but good luck getting a new one to minnesota acadamy sports is the sole importer in the us and they no longer will do a ffl out of state transfer from what they told me they stated (due to tax reasons) they no longer will ship a gun out of state and there stores are located in the southern US, they stated that they are try to resovle this problem so they can continue to sell them out of state, but dont no when. i was try to buy a yildiz before grouse opener this year, it starts saturday. so i been looking at a stoger but still have my heart set on yildiz. now if anyone has any ideas where or how i could legally get a new or slightly used yildiz 20 ga over and under i'm in the market, please pm me

MATT4126

Post by MATT4126 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:50 am

I have a beretta silver hawk sxs with single trigger. Real nice and can be had used for reasonable $

armand

Post by armand » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:08 am

he should try gunbroker. com

DogNewbie

Post by DogNewbie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:16 am

Cool. Thanks guys. The reason he wants a SxS is that he's right handed but left eye dominate and read that SxS can make it easier for people with cross eye dominance to shoot accurately. Anyone else heard of that?

bigeyedfish

Post by bigeyedfish » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:25 am

I'm right handed and left eye dominant. So is my dad and both of my siblings. My dad doesn't shoot. Brother shoots left handed (probably the best option). My sister and I shoot right handed with left eye closed. I can't imagine that a side by side makes it any easier to shoot when you are cross dominant. I have never noticed a difference, but I was never really expecting one. He might look into the HiVis beads that are designed for cross dominant shooters. I've wanted to try one since I first heard about them, but haven't done it yet.

DogNewbie

Post by DogNewbie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:39 am

bigeyedfish wrote:I'm right handed and left eye dominant. So is my dad and both of my siblings. My dad doesn't shoot. Brother shoots left handed (probably the best option). My sister and I shoot right handed with left eye closed. I can't imagine that a side by side makes it any easier to shoot when you are cross dominant. I have never noticed a difference, but I was never really expecting one. He might look into the HiVis beads that are designed for cross dominant shooters. I've wanted to try one since I first heard about them, but haven't done it yet.
yeah he does the one eye shut deal a lot I think.....him shooting left handed is a scary thought. I'm not sure where he read about a SxS helping, but he did somewhere.