E Collar help

Sharon
GDF Junkie

E Collar help

Post by Sharon » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:16 pm

I have a Dogtra 2500 B/T. The receiver is not working. No lights come on and you can not turn it off with the transmitter . For those of you who have had this product , is a new battery needed in the receiver?
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: E Collar help

Post by Sharon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:31 pm

Bumped

help please. Do you need to send your Dogtra collar in for a battery change?
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Mike50

Post by Mike50 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:45 pm

Sharon wrote:I have a Dogtra 2500 B/T. The receiver is not working. No lights come on and you can not turn it off with the transmitter . For those of you who have had this product , is a new battery needed in the receiver?
I'd put it on the charger and make sure that it is plugged all the way in. I have the old style 2002 T&B and have made the mistake of not pushing the probe all the way in to the collar. That set has the original batteries in it yet. Don't you have to push a button on the collar to turn it on???? The only thing I can turn on and off with the transmitter on mine is the beeper. I have to manually push a button on the collar to turn it on.

art hubbard

Post by art hubbard » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:20 pm

your transmitter has a red dot on the back of it, your collar has a red dot on it, place the two red dots together and you'll hear the beeber just for second, the collar is now on, do the same thing to turn it off. best collar on the market. oh yea, if this is a 2 collar set up make sure your toggle switch is on the same color as the collar.....Art

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Thanks.
Charger works fine . Recharges the transmitter fine.
Plug is all the way in.

When you put the red dots together it gives you the :coming on melody". When you put the red dots together again , it gives you" the coming on signa" again x50. I should hear the turning off melody. Nothing works( call nick etc ) when it is turned "on". terminals look fine and are dry.
I guess I will have to send it in. Timing is always great , isn't it?
You send it to California. I ought to get it back by next hunting season.

art hubbard

Post by art hubbard » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm

dogtra has a real quick turnaround....

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:25 pm

I just found a place in Ontario to buy a new battery for $25.00 I think that will be cheaper than sending it off to California first.

AzDoggin

Post by AzDoggin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:26 am

Sharon, just for reference - how long has the collar been in service?

Keep us posted on the outcome, will ya?

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:26 am

I bought it last November. :( Someone has recommended the Collar Clinic in Michigan; that would definately be closer than California. Apparently the manul says the battery will last 2 years. This friend had the circuit board burn out. ??

AzDoggin

Post by AzDoggin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:29 pm

Sharon wrote:I bought it last November. :( Someone has recommended the Collar Clinic in Michigan; that would definately be closer than California. Apparently the manul says the battery will last 2 years. This friend had the circuit board burn out. ??
From your posts, I gathered that you've been happy with the functions of the collar when it is working...but this isn't a very good deal. I have heard that the company stands behind them --- but the timing isn't very good from a hunting dog perspective, for sure.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:17 pm

AzDoggin wrote:Sharon, just for reference - how long has the collar been in service?

Keep us posted on the outcome, will ya?

Dogtra Clinic told me that 2 years is the normal time to need a battery change . ( Mine only lasted a year.) I bought a new battery for $25.00 and everything is working fine. They reminded me that you should not put it on the charger until it is completely uncharged.