Dirt Bags!!!!

Garrison

Dirt Bags!!!!

Post by Garrison » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Brad and Lucy went on their annual deer hunt with the family. I got a text from him that some low life came in and cleaned out his pigeon loft while he was out. Every bird including a couple of mine in the breeding loft stolen. There is a special place for people like this. :evil:
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

seacowboy

Re: Dirt Bags!!!!

Post by seacowboy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Thieves are the worst.

Hopefully they fly on home quick. But the thief may return now that he knows where their at. However that gives the chance for payback. Time to go pick up another sack of rock salt. :minigun:

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:01 pm

You have any neighbors that don't like having the pigeons around? Do you have straglers that roost on other peoples property?

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:05 pm

Could have been people that love pigeons and don't like people training dogs with them. i haven't had that problem here but when I leave, I leave the traps open for them to come and go. Strangers get them going pretty good. Might also put an alarm on the loft and a light that comes on if someone tamper's.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

Fester

Post by Fester » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:28 pm

I hate a thief!!
Fester

RobGSP

Post by RobGSP » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:34 pm

Sorry to hear about that. I have neighborhood kids come around and check out my quail pen but never had anyone disturb the birds. Now as for deer hunting, I have had too many stands stolen out of the woods. always on private land and I even had them chained and locked on to the trees they were hanging from. This is why I gave up on deer hunting just too many problems with trespassers and thieves.

Hope the birds return back to you.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:27 pm

Be sure he reports it to the authorities, then sgart checking CL, Eggbid.com, or any other local sale boards.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:46 pm

Brad keeps his birds at a material yard with no neighbors. No one even close and his pigeons go directly back. You can see it from the road though..... Tweekers are bad out here... I'll look in Craigslist for birds for sale....

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:17 am

I would think they were probably "saved" by one of the animal rights extremist freaks. The average pigeon is worth a couple bucks and I dont see a crackhead thief being motivated by the money off pigeons. They go.more after copper and brass nowadays.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:15 am

3 bucks each down here... For shooters. X30 birds and you have a nice bag of tweek or heroin (big down here right about now). And copper theft I believe is a felony while pigeons is a mis.....

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:13 am

I am glad to hear they.made it a felony where you are at. I had evicted some renters on a Saturday and had the house stripped on Monday. I think the dollar amount of damage would have made it a felony but they just pretty much take reports and can do nothing unless they can catch them in the act. I was trying to air up a tire the other day in town. Find out the brass air chucks had all been taken in the entire towns gas stations.

Meller

Post by Meller » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:19 am

Game cameras work well to help identify whats going on while your not there ; just hide them well or they will be gone also! :)

codym

Post by codym » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:55 pm

I really can't believe someone would steal your pigeons. There's some real awesome losers out there. Sorry to hear it.

Runningdog

Post by Runningdog » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:34 pm

A rope and a tree and an announcement when it happens a sure cure!!!!