DT Collar Too Big For Neck

Will

DT Collar Too Big For Neck

Post by Will » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:03 pm

I bought a new DT two dog system with beepers last year and I really like it. It's the SPT 2430 I believe. Well I no longer have the same two dogs that wore them last year and my young female is such a little girl that these are way too big for her.

Does anybody know if DT or maybe Collar Clinic would take one in and alter it to fit?

Or what expandable collar system out there might work? I have no brand loyalty here, but prefer to buy good quality and I like rechargeable systems, not replaceable batteries.
We never really own a dog as much as he owns us. Gene Hill

Top Gun Whole Lotta Rosie

campgsp

Re: DT Collar Too Big For Neck

Post by campgsp » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:12 pm

You can get a different size collar and put the beeper and shock on that.

Will

Post by Will » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:42 pm

It would have to go in to DT or somewhere for that because the wires run through the collar from the box and then are connected to the collar for the run down to the speaker. The wires would have to be shortened and the speaker and box would have to be moved closer together.

campgsp

Post by campgsp » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:54 pm

That's a pain.
I use the tritronics upland special. Both slide on and off the collar. Try contacting dt if you haven't and see what they say. Or you could just get another collar like tritronics.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:45 pm

You can call DT and ship collar back and they will resize it and ship back...this is a common problem with their collars which many people do not understand that an e collar that isn't snug enough is not going to make proper contact and can go from nothing to a sharp zap and the lower it fits on the neck the worse this shifting and improper stimulation contact can be
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Will

Post by Will » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:12 pm

Ohhh that'd be great!!! It's a nice collar and I'd like to use the two dog set instead of two different units completely. I'll call tomorrow and get the process started. Thank you!!