Noticed a little limp

Mstng_ray

Noticed a little limp

Post by Mstng_ray » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:14 pm

I noticed it earlier while she was playing. And my wife just call concerned about it. She runs around on it just fine ( she's a maniac) but then sometimes I catch her pimp walking. Didn't see anything in her toes. Hope her hips are ok.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Noticed a little limp

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:16 pm

how old is the dog?
if over 7 months old might be a good idea to go get a look at the hips
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Mstng_ray

Post by Mstng_ray » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:19 pm

She's almost 3 months. I need to take her in soon for more shots then ill have the vet take a look I guess.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:44 pm

kinda to early there is still a lot of growth at this point
.I would restrict her just a bit from jumping and such and watch her....hopefully she just strained a muscle or has a little bit of some growing pains
i had my vet take x rays on some young pups and we took x rays once a month to watch the growth and what we saw was 3 pups that went from what the heck to all three passing OFA and until about the 6 months mark it was a toss up on how one looked and if she would pass but at 7 months her hips looked pretty good and at 2 years old passed with a good.
I keep x rays to keep myself informed ....been pretty interesting
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Mstng_ray

Post by Mstng_ray » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:19 am

Thanks KNINE that sounds like a good plan. Wife called back later and said she looked fine. So maybe like u say some growing pains or she banged into something. I will keep a eye on it.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:38 am

This is why we don't test hips until 2 yrs old.. One other thing to look for is fungus. I fought it for 6 months this season thinking that I had a splinter or minor injury and only figured it out when it transferred to another foot. 3 days of treating it with Betadine fixed my 6 month headache. The only visible evidence is small black spots.

It wouldn't hurt to treat the paws with diluted betadine. Whether it's fungus or a foreign body, the betadine will help fix it.

Mstng_ray

Post by Mstng_ray » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Well I didn't see her limp today. But I did see her trying to climb up on the patio furniture. Maybe she fell off or twisted something doing her acrobatics.