Vizsla Pedigree Insight

boonebrit

Vizsla Pedigree Insight

Post by boonebrit » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:03 am

My hunting/fishing buddy is looking into a Vizsla pup. You all helped me out immensly picking out my new Britt pup (I'll get some new pics up here soon, he is awesome!) so I thought you guys might be able to help me out with this pedigree as well. Let me know what you think, I really dont know anything about Vizslas and would appreciate the help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by boonebrit on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

1vizsla

Re: Vizsla Pedigree Insight

Post by 1vizsla » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Ok, too big too see. However, you cannot go wrong with a dog from the Busch's. O'mega has thrown some nice field and hunt test dogs. Lorrin has adds nice hunting and show part of the pedigree. A lot of the prior generations of dogs have all done well also. Can't go wrong with a Raany dog or an Askim dog. If you go to the Vzisla Vlub of Illinois and look at their field trial placements for the one held last, almost all are O'mega's prodigy. Also, go to the Busch's website and see more about O'mega and the others to give you an idea of what the pup can be.

Not only are the dogs good but they will help with anything you need and trust me, I have bugged Linda enough over the years. Definitely go to there Double Bubble event in May. More help and history can be found there.

Carla

P.S I have a Grace/Archiee dog and a Zeeva/Ruger pup. Love both!

boonebrit

Post by boonebrit » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Thanks Carla, much appreciated.
Finally got the doc size right... couldnt get it any clearer. Original copy was a scan.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:47 pm

Google" FT Vizsla Database" and you can look at the complete field trial history of any Vizsla that has placed. It even tracks OFA and any offspring that have placed.

It looks like a great DC breeding though.

V-John

Post by V-John » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:52 pm

What is your buddy wanting to accomplish with his pup?

boonebrit

Post by boonebrit » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:13 pm

He wants a good family dog first, a good grouse/woodcock/quail dog second, and a fly-fishing partner third. Thanks again for all the input.

MikeAZ

Post by MikeAZ » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:37 am

I have no insight into a particular blood line, but I can endorse the breed as family pet, and hunting buddy. I don't think I would go with another breed. My dog thinks she is human, is ridiculously smart and learns new things really fast. She is fun to have around and I am really glad I found this breed.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:20 am

I agree, and with criteria in mind you don't need a pedigree that "hot". Any well bred Vizsla will fit his needs. I mistakenly thought he originally wanted to Trial.

He should concentrate more on the health side and look for a biddable line, not just one who has been trained and campaigned by pros. (I'm not saying that this pedigree is either of those. Just saying that he doesn't need to concentrate on the titles.)

1vizsla

Post by 1vizsla » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:52 am

Well, mine live in the house, take over the bed, are good with kids and cats. I'll admit one is a little higher in energy but both are love bugs. One is just a personal hunting dog and the other we are in the process of field trialing and hunt testing (still a puppy herself).

Have him tell Linda exactly what he is looking for and she will match the pup to your needs. She will also tell you if there is not one. She picked both of ours for us. We waited a year for the right puppy and am glad we did.
Carla

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:04 pm

I hear ya Carla and I wasn't trying to steer him away. I just haven't met a V that would not fit the description.

Heck, I may be in the market for a new female and this litter has me looking.
Is Linda the breeder and if so which state is she in?

1vizsla

Post by 1vizsla » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:51 pm

She is in Illinois. Just look at www.buschvizslas.com. My Dyson is the vizsla in the "Chase Away Canine Cancer" vest on the photo page (yelow and red). Kindle is in her graduation cap on one of the last pages. Linda has no problem answering any questions. Like I said, I have been bugging her for about 7 years now. They call Jim the "Vizsla Guru". Their club up in Illinois is very helpful but she has sold dogs all over the US so you can probably find someone near you. Feel free to contact me if anything is needed. I have stories, pictures, etc...

I also know a few other breeders too if needed!
Carla

mayhewcmr@aol.com

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Carla, Thanks for the info. I know breeders but sometimes it's hard to hear about an up coming litter from other parts of the country.

V-John

Post by V-John » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Brazos what are your goals for your prospective pup?

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:02 pm

If you're looking for field ability, you'll find plenty of it in that pedigree.
Omega's a big-running dog, that's for sure.

I've never seen Archiee and don't know anything about him, other than his daughter Kinze won the VCA National Gun Dog Championship last year. I watched her entire brace, and I have to say it was one of the finest performances I've ever seen. She was absolutely brilliant.
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"

boonebrit

Post by boonebrit » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Thanks to all that replied, I think he is going to pull the trigger on this litter. 8 males and only one female available... he is getting a male. Having a top notch bird dog is important to him, hopefully the temperment of this pup will turn out ok. While I dont think he needs a big running dog, he loves Vizsla's and is intrigued by this litter. If someone has a breeder they would like to refer, please dont hesitate... he lives near Charlotte, NC but is willing to ship/drive for the right litter.

zigzag

Post by zigzag » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:12 pm

He is probley not gonna get much fly fishing in the first few years. I tryed to take my Vizsla fishing a few times and it can be a chore. I just hike, hunt and train him. I get to throw a fly for few casts then its back to dog work.