Hick ups.

aferrer30

Hick ups.

Post by aferrer30 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:27 pm

Does anyone know why every time my dog (Gsp) finishes to eat she ends up with hick ups? Is she eating to fast? What can I do?

Doc E

Re: Hick ups.

Post by Doc E » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:32 pm

Frequently due to an irritation of the phrenic nerve. (usually due to misalignments or dysfunction of an area in the neck).
Take her to a Veterinarian Chiropractor or a Chiropractic Veterinarian.

Last edited by Doc E on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc E & HR UH MHR WR SR Black Forest Casey
and
Nami E & HRCH UH HR Sauk River Tucker

Wildweeds

Post by Wildweeds » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:44 pm

Not enough info IMO to make anykind of comment,sorry doc.Does the dog wolf it's food down like it's never eaten before?Does the dog have a deep chest?Does the dog eat from a bowl on the floor or an elevated bowl?Is the dog an easy keeper?Does the dog ever puke the food back up and then wolf it back down?

aferrer30

Post by aferrer30 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:06 pm

She eats normal and eats out of a small bowl from the ground. She doesn't have a deep chest, a very easy keeper, and she has never puked her food back. She is only 3mths old. Is it something that she needs to grow out of?

zigzag

Post by zigzag » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:58 pm

My Vizsla pup would get the hiccups pretty bad from age 12 weeks to about 5 months. It just stoped although the other night he seemed to have a slight hiccup or two while resting on my lap. I will follow this thread closley as I would like to know if this may be a more serious problem. Inside Dog, Easy keeper, not a deep chest, eats well, does not vomite.