Male ES needs new home Central Oregon

Gertie

Male ES needs new home Central Oregon

Post by Gertie » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:34 pm

2 year old intact male advertised on Craigslist. It'd be nice to help find this fella a nice home. Craigslist dogs don't always wind up in the best situations. I'm out of town but may look onto fostering him when I get back tomorrow. If anyone is interested give me a shout.
'Dogs don't live long enough. Their only flaw really.' A.S. Turnbull
'Gertie'

Gertie

Re: Male ES needs new home Central Oregon

Post by Gertie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:20 pm

I brought "Ruger" home to foster him until we find him a nice home. Supposedly both of the dog's parents were AF registered but the original owner didn't submit the paperwork and lost it. I'm going to take him into the vet on Monday to get his shots updated, get him chipped and have him neutered (a vet friend of mine is going to do it all for free). I just picked him up this evening so I haven't had time to find out if he's been taught anything, if he'll point, etc. His original owner was a young guy that got a job back east and left the dog with his Grandma. Grandma loved the dog but wasn't able to get him out like he needed and felt bad having him cooped up. He's a real nice dog that is very well socialized and seems to have nice house manners, gets along well with other dogs, cats, and kids. I'll post some pics when I get a chance to take some and will update after he's had his vet visit and I've had time to get him on some pigeons and see what's up. Real sweet boy though that deserves a place to call home.
'Gertie'

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:14 pm

I was able to find "Ruger" a really nice home with a hunting family in Idaho :lol: Super happy for him!
'Gertie'

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Nice work Gertie, you are a good person, need more people like you in the world!

TRoberts

Post by TRoberts » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:13 pm

rkappes wrote:Nice work Gertie, you are a good person, need more people like you in the world!
Bravo Gertie!!! +1
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Thanks folks. I'm happy I could help him out. He's a real sweet dog. I am a little worried about him though. His recall is really bad and this dog can really range. I've lost him twice now for over 30-45 minutes each time. He eventually came around and found me but he definitely could be a goner if his new owner doesn't get that issue squared away. I might actually start a new thread on this one and see what folks think.
'Gertie'

Christopher

Post by Christopher » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:22 pm

Thanks for sharing this story and by the way, you are a very cool person to help this dog out. Its sounds like somebody probably got a great Pointer.