GunDog.us

grant
GDF Junkie

GunDog.us

Post by grant » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:25 am

I've got the domain name GunDog.us. Should I start using it some? I was thinking, GunDogForum.com could take you right to the forum, and GunDog.us could take you to the home page. Any thoughts?

Also, Any good php programmers out there? I'm working on a new project and might could use an extra coder. No pay tho, until the project starts seeing some return. =(

Also, does anyone have video they'd like to send me for a GDF video? Can be hunting, hunt tests etc.

Grant

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:34 am

Grant, I have a piece of video showing the birth of my current pups. I don't know that would be of interest. However, somewhere on that video I have a great little piece of film. Probably have told this story, but I started to work that litter with a "wing on a string" when they were around 6 weeks old. Had been doing it for a week or two, working the pups one at a time. One day my wife, who did not realize I was outside working a pup, and who was responding to the excited yelping of the other pups, who knew what was going on, opened the door and let the whole litter out. I saw them coming and expected a train wreck. But it didn't happen. The whole litter immediately went into an instinctive back of the one pup I had on point.

Once we realized they would do that, we got the video camera out. My wife took some shots but they are very wobbly. I took the camera over and got some steadier shots of the whole litter, pointing and backing, at about 7 weeks.

The problem is the sending part. As you know vid takes up a ton of memory. I should probably put it on a DVD for you, and snail mail it. I don't think even our broadband at work would send it very fast.

Also, would you just want the short piece of the litter pointing and backing, or the whole deal with the births. That is about an hour of MiniDV tape. It does show the swimming pool set up that we used, and might be helpful to some people.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:41 am

I'll PM you

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:54 am

John and Grant,

For the video, Have you heard of Pando? Go to http://www.pando.com and check it out. I believ you can send files up to a Gig in size and it doesn't use your email servers space, just a link to where the file is stored at Pando. Check it out. I have sent entire folders of pics up to 48 meg so far, without a hitch........ VERY, VERY COOL!

Oh, and leave the domain alone..... you'll just confuse me! :lol:
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:08 am

Yes, but the problem is that you have to send them to Pando to start with. The video I have is a couple of Gigs I am pretty sure. And then Grant would have to receive it, which will also take alot of time. Easier to just cut it to a disc and send it, and Grant can pick what he wants out of that, or copy the disc. But thank you for the idea. I will look into it.

I am going to have to make a disc anyway, because the vid is on my machine at home where I have only dial up. :( So I would have to create the disc just to put the vid on a machine that has broadband.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:12 pm

Grant I have those water retrieve videos and I can take some more whne season kicks in if you wanted.

Hotpepper

Change

Post by Hotpepper » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:30 pm

I really like this spot, it is the # 1 for me to go to. Lots of really good people and if additional will add to it, so be it. :lol:

Have good dogs but no video.

Pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:48 pm

I like the web address the way it is, but you should definitely use the GunDog.us link to double the exposure. Just have it point to GDF as well.

As for videos.. I'll see what I can do this fall.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

GSPinROCH

Post by GSPinROCH » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:49 pm

I can provide videos on "WHAT NOT TO DO!", :lol:
I will have videos from this fall, but none to where other peoples dogs are at.
I also have this dialed in as number 1 visit site and agree with the idea of streaming the exposure from GD.us to GDF.com.
Chris

Trapper

Post by Trapper » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:35 am

Stick with gundogforum.com it is a great domain. .us , not so much. IMO
PointFlushRetrieve.com - Personal Gun Dog Blog- Are You Ready? Is your gun dog ready

tfbirddog2

I ahve some video

Post by tfbirddog2 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:21 am

Grant, i have some film from a few yars ago.i'll see what I need to do to get it to you if you want it. it is actual hunting footage from a quail hunt when a all liver female was 9 months old.
" Everyone makes fun of a redneck till their car breaks down"Larry the Cable Guy