Minnesota Setters

JPSmith

Minnesota Setters

Post by JPSmith » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:49 am

Does anyone have experience with dogs from: High Fly’n Kennels in Elko, MN; Houdini Llewellin Setters in Lonsdale, MN; or Red Setters from Berg Brothers in Clearwater, MN?

I hunt mainly ruffed grouse and woodcock in Northern Minnesota, so I’m looking for a close working dog, comfortable in thick brush. But I would like a dog I can take on the occasional pheasant trip as well.

I’ve had English and Llewellin Setters in the past, so I would like to stay with setters.

Please post good things here and if you have something bad to say send it to me in an email through GDF.

Thanks,

-JP

rkappes

Re: Minnesota Setters

Post by rkappes » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:24 pm

If you change your mind…..not a setter breeder but produces dogs that would fit your bill, I’d recommend Mark Dinsmore /L’Etoile du Nord Kennels in Sykeston ND. Breeds some of the best EB's in the world.

On here his name is ohmymy111

Great guy, unbelievable dogs!!

http://www.letoiledunordkennels.com/

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:21 pm

JPSmith wrote:Does anyone have experience with dogs from: High Fly’n Kennels in Elko, MN; Houdini Llewellin Setters in Lonsdale, MN; or Red Setters from Berg Brothers in Clearwater, MN?
Either kennel would be a good. Another setter kennel you might want to look at is Jerry Kolter. I'm thinking his kennel name is Northwoods.

RYNO

Post by RYNO » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Anyone dealt with Fox Run Kennels in Brook Park Mn?

4ShotB

Post by 4ShotB » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:28 pm

I have an ES from Berg Brothers. They are first class people and I couldn't be happier with my dog (approaching 2 years old). Call Scott and talk dogs, you will be glad.

Meller

Post by Meller » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:47 am

Might want to check out Moulder Farms in Missouri, he has real nice well bread Lewellin Setters. (Very Nice Dogs)!
He is a member on here. :)

Moulders Farm

Post by Moulders Farm » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:37 pm

High Fly kennals have been officers in the llewellin setter club & have some good dogs ,also Noble Heartz kennel of Wisconsin had a litter from a little female by the name Balee I raised & started I still have her on my web sight if you would like to see her bloodline also I will have a litter this early spring www. llewellinsetter-mouldersfarm.info here in mo. they sell for less you just have to come visit

JPSmith

Post by JPSmith » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:46 am

Thanks for the feedback! I ended up getting a dog from Houdini. I'll let you know how it goes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.