Barking in a.m.

t-setter

Barking in a.m.

Post by t-setter » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:09 pm

I have a 6 month old ES pup that sleeps in our basement laundry room at night. Each morning she starts barking betwee 5:45 and 6:00 and does not quit barking until I get her out of the laundry room, usually around 6:15 or so. I am considering getting a bark limiter collar to resolve the morning barking. What should I look for in a good bark limiting collar? Any brand suggestions?

Georgia Boy

Re: Barking in a.m.

Post by Georgia Boy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:22 pm

TT
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion www.vommountaincreek.com

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:33 pm

I have a Tri Tronics as well. It works well.
Steve

RyanGSP

Post by RyanGSP » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:37 pm

or you could let her outside to pee, which she probably has to do, and put her back into her kennel.

Deal with the barking for 2 weeks after she figures out you arent coming to let her out she will stop.

Right now she barks and you come let her out and then everyone is awake, so she keeps barking.

You dont need a bark collar or an ecollar just some good ole fashion dog training.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:09 pm

Yep, train boundaries by increasing gradually. Crate train it.

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:11 pm

I do it differently! My dogs learn from the get go that barking results in not so much fun with me. I go out and smack em with a magazine or hat a few times and they shut right up. Now if one does start barking and I turn the back porch light on they run like heck for their dog houses. Smart dogs.

brad27

Post by brad27 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Elkhunter wrote:I do it differently! My dogs learn from the get go that barking results in not so much fun with me. I go out and smack em with a magazine or hat a few times and they shut right up. Now if one does start barking and I turn the back porch light on they run like heck for their dog houses. Smart dogs.
Same here except I say Shhhhh and throw a half cup of water. Pretty soon all I have to say is Shhhhhh. Now I don't have to say anything, they're just quiet. :D

Btw, I started throwing water when I got my pup at 5 months old.

bigeyedfish

Post by bigeyedfish » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:10 pm

Probably has to pee. If the problem is just barking for attention or for no apparent reason, a cup water in the face is a great deterrent.