6 dog trailer design, anyone have one?

SCT

6 dog trailer design, anyone have one?

Post by SCT » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:23 pm

Just looking for some designs for a light weight 6 dog trailer? Does anyone have those they would share?

Steve

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Re: 6 dog trailer design, anyone have one?

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:56 pm

There is one in the classifieds.

TAK

Post by TAK » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Are you looking at having it built? This is what I did some years back. This box mounts onto a 16 ft big tex tailer. I have it on my flatbed in this picture. This is a 6 hole with a top storage. Each hole you can put 2 dogs in. I put it on a trailer and would throw my wheeler on the back.

I see your from Utah, so if your interested I have thought of selling it. I have not used it in some time. It has I think 6 sheets of alum. All devided inside with vent holes. Each door has its own vent and front and rear have vent holes. The top lid has a little damage on it. The wind caught it while it was sitting next to my kennel and it tweeked it a bit. There is a top storage that I think is 9 inches deep? You can store thousands of rounds, water food and gear in it. The doors can also be locked with a little pad lock. i just use a snap on a chain. The Alum is thicker than what you get with leading brands, but it don't have some of the pretty things they do. This really is just a working rig.

TAK

Post by TAK » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:06 pm

Here is another picture.... Yes that is a per Bobcat....

brad27

Post by brad27 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:07 pm

You have a pet bobcat?

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:10 pm

What do they feed that thing? Lard sammiches?
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Wildweeds

Post by Wildweeds » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:15 pm

There was a guy here with a petting zoo/ kids zoo who had all kinds of stuff,emu's ostrich,about 5 different types of weird goats and sheep,ducks geese,chickens and a bobcat and a silver fox.He fed the bobcat uncooked chicken,the thing lived in the house and acted just like a dog,except for when you fed him he reverted to almost wild.The thing was flat out cool.
Cajun Casey wrote:What do they feed that thing? Lard sammiches?

TAK

Post by TAK » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:26 pm

Not mine... But I took the picture. I was waiting for a buddy to meet up with me to go Chukar hunting. This was at a crossroads in the desert. Well they got there pet Bobcat out for a stretch!

cjuve

Post by cjuve » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:What do they feed that thing? Lard sammiches?
No Kidding..... I think we found Jenny Craigs new spokesperson

SCT

Post by SCT » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:35 pm

TAK, how much are you asking for the box and what's the smallest trailer it would fit on. I asked the question thinking of building my own. I saw one 4 dog trailer in the classified adds for $2500, not interested.

TAK

Post by TAK » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:30 pm

SCT wrote:TAK, how much are you asking for the box and what's the smallest trailer it would fit on. I asked the question thinking of building my own. I saw one 4 dog trailer in the classified adds for $2500, not interested.
I think the box is 6ft wide and 8ft long? but not sure I can measure it 2morrow if intersted.
I am thinking $900. I figure there is 6 sheets of alum, hinge/harware, vents and such.. Not sure the prices these days on the metals but I would guess they are much more than they was when I built it, had it built. I think the alum sheets was over $150 the vents was like $15 a piece and there is 10 of them.... Hardware was spendy also. I had the welding instructor at the colage build it. So the welds are true and strong.There is not a lot of welding as it was done mostly with a break... he builds them strong. he is a houndsman and like to make things last. In fact he built the bed on my flat bed.
2 guys can load and unload it. It is not real heavy

I am open to trades also..... I like guns!

SCT

Post by SCT » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:33 pm

$900 sounds fair. I would need to look at trailers to see what it will take to make it a dog trailer. Thanks, I will let you know.

Steve

TAK

Post by TAK » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:19 am

take a look at them single axle trailers that I think are 6x12 or close to that. I had figured to mount the box on the rear, but you would need to raise it up to clear the fenders, but it would leave the front open for storage for long out of state trips. You could also mount it in front, but then ya worry about the gear falling off????

I like a bit longer traile for the ride. less stress on the dogs and so much easier to back it up... Hate trying to back up a little tiny trailer....

TAK

Post by TAK » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:46 am

This is kinda like what I was thinking about on the trailer.... You might look into this trailer anyway! $1300 is a smoke'n deal. The trailer new right now is more than that... Lenny is in Colorado and thee is always someone going from that way.....
viewtopic.php?f=112&t=39622

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:41 am

www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle