Illinois ready to introduce gun ban BIG TIME!

Finelinegundogs

Illinois ready to introduce gun ban BIG TIME!

Post by Finelinegundogs » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:21 pm

Illinois residents need to go to this link to read about this unbelievable gun ban. supposed to be introduced tomorrow, Jan 2 and get rammed through the house and senate and be in governors desk by Friday. they want ALL semi auto, pump shotguns to be turned over to Illinois State police..... no exceptions.....please read and act now.

I got this from Deer Creek gun club Pres in Indiana but I have confirmed in on NRA-ILA's page and several others. You know if they get it in IL, they are going to attempt this nationwide. It affects the majority of law abiding gun owners.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com ... _xjbo5ll_9
Last edited by Finelinegundogs on Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doc E

Re: Illinois ready to introduce gun ban BIG TIME!

Post by Doc E » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:37 pm

Chicago = NO GUNS allowed = Extremely high death rate from shootings.
What is it that the people of IL don't get ?

Doc E & HR UH MHR WR SR Black Forest Casey
and
Nami E & HRCH UH HR Sauk River Tucker

Finelinegundogs

Post by Finelinegundogs » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:42 pm

True, but this isn't even an assault ban. This affects deer hunters, field trialers, skeet shooters, etc....

They are trying to get this done during the lame duck session and sneak it through.

Gauge1

Post by Gauge1 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:47 pm

This will be all over the US in time, the vote is there all they got to do is make it law.

Birddog3412

Post by Birddog3412 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:47 pm

Im am not sure if this is true or not. Illinois has a big gun issue at this point. Illinois is the only state without a conceal carry permit (thanks Cook county for this and everything). Two weeks ago the Supreme Court said this is unconstitutional and you have 180 days to do something about it. So a bill is supposed to be underway, it will take a 3/5ths vote. If they cannot agree then the only requirement will be a FOID card.

Finelinegundogs

Post by Finelinegundogs » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:51 pm

This is from NRA-ILA's site. Im guessing it is.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state ... -week.aspx

TraditionsGSPs2010

Post by TraditionsGSPs2010 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:56 pm

I guess I should never question what the lawmakers of the People's Republic of Illinios are willing to do to eliminate our rights but this one seems far fetched. The 7th circuit court of appeals did indeed hand down a ruling that IL lawmakers are required to pass CC legislation within 6 months. Additionally, with the Heller ruling in DC, I have a hard time believing the Supreme Court would find in favor of something this intrusive.

I will be making a call to my state rep and keep my fingers crossed this is just another air head trying to get some face time.
David Hughes
Traditions Shorthairs

The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Finelinegundogs

Post by Finelinegundogs » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:10 pm

Doc,

I agree with you. I don't see how this could fly. But I don't trust our leaders and wanted to share it.

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:51 pm

And people wonder why I hate Illinois so much. Gosh, just put up a 15ft fence around the state with razor wire around the top and drop the lifers off in this state and move the rest of us out to decent states.

Corry

Birddog3412

Post by Birddog3412 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:26 pm

Ghosted3 wrote:And people wonder why I hate Illinois so much. Gosh, just put up a 15ft fence around the state with razor wire around the top and drop the lifers off in this state and move the rest of us out to decent states.

Corry

Or maybe all counties from I 80 south should vote for an Ordinance of Secession !! :mrgreen:

deke

Post by deke » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:15 pm

They might want to take my guns, but they should of taken the bullets first. :roll:

SpinoneIllinois

Post by SpinoneIllinois » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:14 pm

Ban on certain types of "assault" weapons was filed today. Here's the bill (Senate Amendment 006): http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltex ... 1&Session=

To understand it, you'll also need to look at Senate Amendment 005: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltex ... 1&Session=

Separate bills filed today also on gun magazines and gun ranges.

I'm still trying to decipher all of these bills.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Wow!!!!! Good luck guys.

SpinoneIllinois

Post by SpinoneIllinois » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:25 pm

There's a whole slew of gun makes and types that would be banned, everything from Uzi to semiautomatic shotguns that have a "pistol grip or thumbhole stock."
NRA lobbyist Todd Vandermyde told lawmakers the bill would restrict about 75 percent of handguns and 50 percent of long guns in circulation today. He also said it would treat law-abiding gun owners like criminals, and is in conflict with Second Amendment rights upheld by the courts.
“I’ve never seen a piece of legislation that tramples on so many court decisions,” Vandermyde said.
A vote in the full Senate is expected tomorrow.

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:08 am

Add this to the already off the wall stuff with the AR and AR-style guns that will be taxed, then you have to allow ATF to come in your home whenever they feel like it to check to make sure your AR or compatible gun is at the correct standards. This crap is just getting crazy.

Corry

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:34 pm

Finelinegundogs wrote:Illinois residents need to go to this link to read about this unbelievable gun ban. supposed to be introduced tomorrow, Jan 2 and get rammed through the house and senate and be in governors desk by Friday. they want ALL semi auto, pump shotguns to be turned over to Illinois State police..... no exceptions.....please read and act now.

I got this from Deer Creek gun club Pres in Indiana but I have confirmed in on NRA-ILA's page and several others. You know if they get it in IL, they are going to attempt this nationwide. It affects the majority of law abiding gun owners.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com ... _xjbo5ll_9
What has happened?
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:00 pm

I believe it's dead until the new politicians get sworn in on the 9th but I'm not 100% sure. Silence is usually good in theses cases. As a life member of the NRA, SCI and other groups, I would have gotten a call or email by now.

campgsp

Post by campgsp » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:54 am

They vote on it Sunday. If it passes I'm moving to Wisconsin. Wife and I already discussed it. But I doubt it will because its a kick in the constitutions face.

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:21 am

I cant believe that there is actually talk about a nation wide break down of 1 gun per owner. What are they going to do to these people that have been collecting all of their lives ask them to pick 1 and hand over the rest? It is out of hand. Campgsp - if we get hit, I am pretty sure it will eventually go nation wide, it will be one of those all or nothing things i think anyways.

Corry

campgsp

Post by campgsp » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:13 am

If it passes it will be a civil war no doubt in Illinois. And the rest of the country for that matter.Do they honestly think people are going to give up their arms lol. I think the government knows they can't win either way. They could send the military and I bet the military would shuve it up the government butt.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:15 am

The Illinois senate couldn't garner enough votes on Thursday so the vote was postponed until next week. Meanwhile, the house will try to push the bill through during the lame duck session, which is Sunday thru Tuesday. I believe these libs get an adrenaline rush and lick their lips when a tragedy occurs involving a gun. They are also probably trying to get some revenge over the recent Federal court's decision on conceal carry.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:39 pm

What is going on in this place anymore? Has the government really thought about how much money this is going to reduce in taxes? If they really go all tilt and limit us to the full degree and let us have 1 gun and limit ammo that we can have, there goes gun sales, ammo sales, jobs, and money money money. I have never shot clay before but I have 2 friends that do it every other weekend so they have cases of 20 and 12ga ammo everywhere, there goes the clay industry, unless they can sell our trusty shooters 10 shells at a time....

Corry

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:06 pm

Corry I don't think they are even smart enough to know how many jobs this would cost across the country.If they are they don't care because they don't have to work for a living,the people that
are still working will pay their wages & for all their benefits while they vote themselves raises.They want to cut all of our entitlements like it's welfare or something but it's our money to start with.
The only ones entitled to it is them so they think!! :twisted: They want to cut the raises on SS because us old folks that paid it in get TOO MUCH.My raise this yr $4.00 a month & that's TOO MUCH.!! :roll:

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:34 pm

it would also effect wildlife, as the pit-rob funds made from sporting gear would be lost as well....
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:57 pm

I don't think they could care less about the financial impact. They have an agenda to restrict and ultimately take away our 2nd ammendment rights. It has nothing to do with crime or anything else besides power, control and despise for the 2nd ammendment, and no matter how many battles they lose, they will never ever give up on this agenda. They will take any small step they can to get just a little closer to their goal, and this is why we have to fight against any new restrictions or bans on any gun, ammo, magazine, etc. There are already way more than enough laws on the books.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Allin13

Post by Allin13 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:21 pm

Drugs are illegal but people still get them! If they ban guns all it does is take away from the honest people. Do they really think a ban will stop shootings or killing?? I dont think the problem is your weekend hunter or anyone that has a foid card. If this happens it will just cut out more jobs and sales in illinois, go figure illinois adding more debt! Whats next Hitler...

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:39 am

And do not forget with these new "assault rifles" laws they will invade our 4th amendment also since the ATF will have the right to come check to make sure that your clips are correct, guns are not augmented, proper paperwork for the weapon is had ect ect. Espectially worse now that they are even considering the ruger 10/22 is being talked about as am assault rifle....

Corry

SpinoneIllinois

Post by SpinoneIllinois » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:32 am

Just an update: Senate Democrats this past week got the ban through a committee, but never called it for a full vote on the Senate floor, because a couple of senators whose votes they were counting on were absent. So that bill is sitting in the Senate.

But now, a House member, Edward Acevedo, D-Chicago, has introduced a mirror image of the bill in the House. It is expected to be debated in a House committee hearing today (Sunday). If the committee OKs it, then it goes to the House floor. The General Assembly's lame-duck session ends Tuesday.

Here's the House bill: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltex ... 1&Session=

DogNewbie

Post by DogNewbie » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 pm

SpinoneIllinois wrote:Just an update: Senate Democrats this past week got the ban through a committee, but never called it for a full vote on the Senate floor, because a couple of senators whose votes they were counting on were absent. So that bill is sitting in the Senate.

But now, a House member, Edward Acevedo, D-Chicago, has introduced a mirror image of the bill in the House. It is expected to be debated in a House committee hearing today (Sunday). If the committee OKs it, then it goes to the House floor. The General Assembly's lame-duck session ends Tuesday.

Here's the House bill: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltex ... 1&Session=
Any updates? Did the bill reach the house floor?

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:34 pm

As of 29 minutes ago NO, and it's not expected to until the new politicians are sworn in. I'm not sure if that's because they suspect a better chance of it passing or what but it does buy time for the NRA to do it's thing.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:41 pm

Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:As of 29 minutes ago NO, and it's not expected to until the new politicians are sworn in. I'm not sure if that's because they suspect a better chance of it passing or what but it does buy time for the NRA to do it's thing.
They do not have the votes and hope they might with the new members.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:43 pm

That's what I expected. I sure wouldn't want that to be my first vote in office.

dakotashooter2

Post by dakotashooter2 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:43 pm

Be careful. This may effect 99% of the shotguns and rifles made. Most guns made today have a pistol grip configuration in the stock. It's not the well defined grip that they are probably targeting but at some point they will figure out they can use the term pistol grip to get rid of everything left if it is not well defined.

If you have to hand in your guns it might be classified as a "taking" of property requiring that they pay for them, such as when they take land. The going rate is a minimum of 1 1/2 times the value.................... That ought to put them a few more dollars in debt...............................