keg creek cooper breed to hanshaws out on bail

campgsp

Re: keg creek cooper breed to hanshaws out on bail

Post by campgsp » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:34 am

Adam wrote:Campgsp I'm still waiting to hear if you do all the required testing to prove you have no "bad" genes in your lines i.e. CD, LD, E gene, Dilute gene,?
Yes each and every dog in the breeding pool are.we won't breed out or in unless testing is done. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Not all lines are "clean" every line has a fault. But when you find it you stop it. Not continue with the problem. But to each his own. Its your lines not mine. Do what you want. I tried to help. But you guys are right and people like me who believe in bettering the breed are wrong. :roll:

Now you all have fun with this topic. I'm done. I stated my opinion on the situation and now I'm giving my peace.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:46 am

I guess you need to stop breeding then,you just eliminated all lines if no lines are clean!! :roll:

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:00 am

It's not about yellow dogs and sick dogs. It's about (I hate this term) transparency. It's about the trickle down of undesirable traits to people with no clue that they exist.
I also find it interesting that people who think the GSPCA should accept black, introduced to the breed from a crossbreeding program, as a conformation color believe red (orange, lemon, yellow, gold) should be banned from even performance. Bit subjective, there.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:01 am

DGFavor wrote:
However, once a genetic test is developed that allows breeders to positively determine if a dog is
a carrier of a defective gene, many owners are likely to remove carrier dogs from their breeding
stock. Although doing so is human nature, this temptation must be overcome. Any quality dog
that you would have bred if it had tested normal should still be bred if it tests as a carrier.

In such circumstances, carriers should be bred to normal-testing dogs. This ensures that affected
offspring will not be produced. Carrier breeding stock should be subsequently replaced with
normal-testing offspring that exceeds it in quality. If the only quality offspring is also a carrier,
then use that offspring to replace your original carrier. You have improved the quality of your
breeding stock, even though the defective gene remains in this generation. It is certainly true,
though, that the health of the breed does depend on diminishing the carrier frequency and not
increasing it. You should therefore limit the number of carrier-testing offspring that you place in
breeding homes. This does not mean, however, that you should prevent all of them from being
bred. It is important to carry on lines. A test that should be used to help maintain breed diversity
should not result in limiting it.
Yup, finally. That was only thing I disagreed with what Elkhunter was sayin' regarding the offspring of carriers x non-carrier matings - no need to immediately spay/neuter carrier offspring until they are evaluated to see if any of them are exemplary specimens of the breed deserving to be bred themselves - utilizing equal diligence regarding their breeding partners as well. Fight back the human inclination for paranoia and it's simple stuff. Nuff said. Next topic.
Now to me this screams of moderator type sense...the next time I see Favors log on I hope it's one of those green or red deals

Adam

Post by Adam » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:07 am

campgsp wrote:
Adam wrote:Campgsp I'm still waiting to hear if you do all the required testing to prove you have no "bad" genes in your lines i.e. CD, LD, E gene, Dilute gene,?
Yes each and every dog in the breeding pool are.we won't breed out or in unless testing is done. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Not all lines are "clean" every line has a fault. But when you find it you stop it. Not continue with the problem. But to each his own. Its your lines not mine. Do what you want. I tried to help. But you guys are right and people like me who believe in bettering the breed are wrong. :roll:

Now you all have fun with this topic. I'm done. I stated my opinion on the situation and now I'm giving my peace.
NA Breeders Award Litter
by campgsp » Thu May 10, 2012 2:18 am

Just a little brag.
On May 5 2012, 5 pups tested NA and placed from our litter between Axel Vom Stillwater X Herbst Briese JC Amazin Emma

So I'm assuming your bitch is Emma since it was your litter and if thats the case then explain where the rest of the results are-
http://www.offa.org/display.html?appnum=1436487#animal

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:16 am

Now to me this screams of moderator type sense...the next time I see Favors log on I hope it's one of those green or red deals
Naw, don't want me callin' any shots. I'd make everybody have to use their real names, which by the way I was amazed to find out Chukar 12 is your real name!! Very cool - your parents rocked!!

For interests sake, folks can look up some human diseases, cystic fibrosis is excellent example...see how we manage breedings amongst ourselves utilizing available science.

campgsp

Post by campgsp » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:13 pm

explain where the rest of the results are [/quote]

What results?

You asked me if I do the required testing and I answered your question.
Every dog has the required tests done before they are breed. Don't even bother answering the question I'm done with all this.

And all of the pups from that litter have turned out great. Ut prize 1 by a male at 16 months. The others to come this spring.
Really happy with that litter. And Emma not my dog she my dads by the way.

Adam

Post by Adam » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:20 pm

So you very well could have produced a CD carrier, LD carrier, Dilute liver gene carrier, or even the dreaded E gene carrier and not known because you did not do the testing too see if they carry any of these genes but yet its unacceptable for somebody to breed a known carrier to a known non carrier????

raven34

Post by raven34 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:23 pm

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:CampGSP the color black in our standard is a DQ fault so should black dogs be bred??
Ted
OHHHH OHHHHHH I can answer this one....... Of course they should :D :D :D :D :D :D Cuz they are pretty!!!! and don't forget they are what was that people said ummmm , I remember "RARE". I am pretty sure people say those solid black ones look like labs too..... Why not.... I kinda like those hard headed bootlickers!!!! LOL....

Have a good day guys!!!
Jen

dead mike

Post by dead mike » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:47 pm

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:CampGSP the color black in our standard is a DQ fault so should black dogs be bred??
Im still stuck on this point. Isnt black a DQ in the german system and akc? If it is why is everyone going nuts about a tan?
Winchey wrote:I would buy one of those pups if I wanted a shorthair. I would stud him out too if he was good enough and there was demand.
YES!
Adam wrote:I agree there are no clean "lines"
Probably the closest "clean" lines are the DK breeders...i think. The gsp in America is littered with a bit of pointer, and some dogs became great because of it, and some of those trial lines got bred into some navhda stuff, and ...

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

keg creek cooper breed to hanshaws out on bail

Post by ACooper » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:58 pm

dead mike wrote:
Im still stuck on this point. Isnt black a DQ in the german system and akc? If it is why is everyone going nuts about a tan?
Only AKC
dead mike wrote:
YES!
Would you advertise it as rare and charge more for pups also?
dead mike wrote: Probably the closest "clean" lines are the DK breeders...i think. The gsp in America is littered with a bit of pointer, and some dogs became great because of it, and some of those trial lines got bred into some navhda stuff, and ...
You think the DKs don't have as many problems as GSPs? You're either uninformed or ignoring the truth.

Winchey

Post by Winchey » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:03 pm

"Would you advertise it as rare and charge more for pups also?"

No I would try my best to get the dogs to the people who will do the most with them.

Adam

Post by Adam » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Well I guess it depends in what you define clean as if we're talking health then no there aren't any clean lines if you're talking clean as in recent pointer cross breeding then yes I feel there are lines that do not have pointer in them

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:13 pm

Oh, snap! You people need to hang out with some cat ladies. Purebred cats are constantly mixed among acceptable outcross breeds and new breeds are constantly being created, plus the color genetics of cats are much more complicated than those of dogs.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

dead mike

Post by dead mike » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:13 pm

Acooper, yes i do think the DK system has less problems.

No i would not charge more for a tan pup.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:18 pm

Jen I have to say the pics I have seen of your Black dogs are BEAUTIFUL & they have proven themselves in FT competition & don't have to prove themselves in the Show Ring to me anyway.
I will still vote no & don't think you have anything else to prove but it's not up to me. :D