Emily's First training day with Bama.

jcbuttry8

Emily's First training day with Bama.

Post by jcbuttry8 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:58 pm

So, we found out that we could trial Bama down in DE on the 2nd of Feb at the AF trial. Bama will be 5 mos old but it is a walking trial so I think that we will be ok. Emily will be trialing her. We sat down last night and ordered her very own whistle and lanyard. She is getting excited and she is scared to death all at the same time. It really is fun to be a part of this with her.

So, She started her training sessions today with Bama. We are doing 15 minutes a day. We are working on recall and changing directions with the both of them. She didn't do to bad for her first time. I have a few short videos. They were taken with an Iphone so they aren't the best but they weren't bad. I will hopefully get some better video as we go along.

Just thought I'd share.

Joe

http://youtu.be/hfPsel8Crfg
http://youtu.be/YvElZj6EJ9Q

jcbuttry8

Re: Emily's First training day with Bama.

Post by jcbuttry8 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:01 pm

This last video is them having a little romp time after training, and yes if your asking if that is the new Stoneface collar that we received today. Rowdy, you did one heck of a job on the collar. I am truly happy with what I received. Fit's perfect on my little pup and you can see it forever. Thanks again for great craftsmanship.

http://youtu.be/kWaYsfpVnxI

Joe

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:37 pm

Dig the videos. That pup is a looker and that girl REALLY seems to have the personality that will make a great dog trainer. I bet she's something to watch with the dogs.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

brad27

Post by brad27 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Looking good joe.

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:33 pm

She is having fun. She spent alot of time asking if she was doing ok. She has a true love for dogs and is really getting into the whole trialing groove. I think she will be a pro at it in just a few years.

That is when we will be going back and forth with Karen and her youngster. We should be seeing them at a few trials this year. I hope the girls can get together and continue to build their love of this sport together. I know we won't be getting out of it, and I have a feeling that Karen and her family are in it for life also. I hope to see a few more youngster get into it. I can't think of anything better for the sport at this point than to get young ones involved.

I am looking forward to Feb 2nd. I can't wait to watch her run her first trial. I know RayG will be there and him and Emily have built quite a bond over the past year at trials. So, I know that he will be somewhere close when she is up to the line. I don't believe his horses are treated to more treats than when Emily is at a trial. She seems to know how to give a treat.

Thanks for the comments,

Joe

cohanzick creek

Post by cohanzick creek » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:45 am

cute pup and girl
cc

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:18 am

That is a healthy happy team...it just doesn't get any better than that

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:55 am

Joe -

I really like the way 'Bama comes roaring in... head up, with her whole body wagging... to Emily when she calls. That is very special. It really don't get much better than that.

If I am not judging something, you'd better believe I will be there watching. Keep on doin' what you're doin'. Looks good from here.

RayG

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:55 pm

Thanks guys. I think I have a pretty good team here. I can't think of a better way to be spending my time in the afternoon.

Thanks Ray,

Emily was super excited that you are going to be there, and the smile got bigger when I told her you had a new bucket of treats for the horses. She said not a problem she could take care of them.

Joe

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:58 pm

So, here is a pic from today's session. She locked up on a pigeon that we had out. This was her third pigeon for the day and she stuck it long enough for me to photo and walk into the bird and kick it up.

I absolutely love this pup. She shows me something new every time we are out. With us running a trial in a month I decided to run her today with another dog just to see how she would react. She has never run with another dog. She did chase the other dog alot but then started running on her own which was a good thing. I looked up at one point and saw her on point and then realized she was backing the older dog who had locked up on a pheasant. It was a beautiful back. She only held it for 15 sec and then started creeping in. I had Emily grab the check cord and stop her. I then went in and flushed the pheasant. She broke for the pheasant but stopped after 15 feet and just watched it. Then came back. I have always heard of natural backing dogs but have never owned one myself. For her to back the first time out at 4 mos was something special to see today. I was pretty impressed if you can tell.

The other dog I ran her with was the dog that I have been working with that I had posted about in Dec. She stuck the pheasant all the way through the flush. She is looking good. I put 4 birds in front of her today and she held them all through the flush and shot. Even held through me walking back and releasing her. All in all I had a great day in the field with the dogs. I can't wait to trial them both. I have a feeling this is going to be a great trial season for us.

Joe

Middlecreek

Post by Middlecreek » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:25 am

Looking good Joe! Been hearing some good things from all her littermates too. As a breeder and a field trialer I couldn't ask for a better home for the little girl I let slip away to PA. Keep us updated... I'm going to bed, been up half the night trying to get some dogs listed for sale on the www.

Mike
FC/RU CH SM Queen High Flush (Abby) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3815
2xCH/2xruCH FC BDK's Sin City Wildcard (Deuce) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2269

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:14 pm

Thanks Mike,

She is coming along. Glad to hear she's not the only one. I tried to talk momma into one of those males you posted. Told her it would help train the new pup if we had one of them but she's not buying it.

Two good looking dogs. Wouldn't mind having either of them.

Joe