Update On My little Britt

cptn

Update On My little Britt

Post by cptn » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:33 pm

July Rousse

From this (8 weeks):

To this (7 months):

And finally, this (9 months):

Sorry about the last two photos. They were taken with the cell phone, but he looks about the same as in the 7 month pictures, just with a bit more muscle and longer fur. I need to get him trimmed to keep him tidy looking soon.

He's a ball of energy, and he never takes a break. Super sweet. A definite momma's boy, a rough player, and pretty well-trained. He's still intact. I'm waiting on around 10-11 months to neuter him because although he's a show Brittany, I think I am going to stick him in Obedience and Agility trials instead.I'm proud of him, though. He doesn't mount or mark. Still tossing around the idea of showing; I just don't know where to start or if I'm willing to spend the extra cash.
---
July Rousse - "Roussey"
Alex - "Grem-grem"

Ghosted3

Re: Update On My little Britt

Post by Ghosted3 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:22 am

Good looking pup, love the coloring!

Corry

cohanzick creek

Post by cohanzick creek » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:51 am

he is a good looking pup
cc

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:46 am

LOOK AT THAT HE IS STILL ALIVE ! He likes you and he isn't viscous...whew you had me wworried . He is a n ice looking dog . Why don't you join a local Brittany c...it isn't hard to start shows and those show folks like nothing more than fussing over somebody new.

cptn

Post by cptn » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:46 am

Haha! Hey! It's just like when you are a first time parent. Paranoid and always calling the vet. But with my second pup, I know what to expect for sure. :]
---
July Rousse - "Roussey"
Alex - "Grem-grem"

Fran Seagren

Post by Fran Seagren » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:44 pm

Your brittany is pretty cute. We also have a young britt that is close to your guy's age. "Seven" will be seven months on the 21st. Here's a picture of him with his first rooster my husband shot last month. Seven pointed and held steady to shot on this wild guy while hunting eastern, Washington. I would LOVE to say we trained him to do this. But most people on this forum would know that a 6 month old puppy that holds steady for a wild rooster flush and shot is nothing more than pure luck! :P We expected Seven's first year hunting to be like most puppies - controlled chaos. But, Seven appears to be "serious" about hunting. He's actually found/pointed three wild roosters this past season. He broke on the flush on one of them, but held for the other two. We don't know what to expect once we get to the "whoa" training - Seven will probably start breaking and chasing the birds!

Actually, it isn't fair. My red guy, Robert(avatar), who is almost 5 yrs old, has hunted so nice this year. Covering the ground, using the wind, and finding and pointing multiple roosters for me. But, every time, as I'm walking in for the shot, the rooster has flushed out of range! It's simply bad luck the wind hasn't been in my favor when moving in to flush and the cover was so "crunchy." But, we have another week before pheasant season closes this year . . . .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dreamerofdreams

Post by dreamerofdreams » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:16 am

Love the face! How much does he weigh? He looks about twice the size as my 9 month brit!

campgsp

Post by campgsp » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:19 am

Growing up really nice. Great pics thanks for sharing. My wife loves them Brits.

cptn

Post by cptn » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:53 am

Seems like Seven is a natural, Fran! I'm not a hunter, but there are some aspects in obedience training that my Britt has just always done naturally. Then, when I reinforce because I like it, he learns it much quicker and enjoys it. Seven's probably going to pick up the game pretty easily! Beautiful pup!

And Dreamer, it's been a while since we've been to the vet to be weighed, but I'd guess around 32-34 lbs. He's very much a "boyish" Britt. He has a strong neck, broader shoulders, and a nice, deep chest. :]

You're pup is beautiful! Love the roans.
---
July Rousse - "Roussey"
Alex - "Grem-grem"

Fran Seagren

Post by Fran Seagren » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:12 pm

I just weighed Seven. He's 31 lbs and he'll be 7 months on the 21st. So, seems like about average? I'm attaching a picture of him standing up. When I was looking for a recent picture of Seven to show his size, I realized the picture I posted yesterday stating it was "Seven's first rooster" was actually Seven's SECOND rooster. The picture below is Seven's FIRST rooster. (This is why a person shouldn't believe everything you hear on the internet!) :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dreamerofdreams

Post by dreamerofdreams » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Hah, my little girl hasn't hit 25 yet at 9 months!

cptn

Post by cptn » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:41 am

Nice picture, Fran. Love a good, leggy Brittany. I also like all the orange he's got. My Britt is 85% white. :D

And aw, dreamer. Any photos? I bet she's a cutie.

dreamerofdreams

Post by dreamerofdreams » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:26 pm

Posted one a little further up but here's another: