GDF Junkie

Re: Chuker boots?

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:20 pm

I have never seen a Chukar with boots so I have no idea what they like. :roll:

Ezzy

mask

Post by mask » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:25 pm

I bought a pair of Irish setter Havoc in December. They fit really well, are comfy, and light. How well they will hold up I don't know yet. Have hunted in them about 15 times and no problems so next year will tell.

Gordon Guy

Post by Gordon Guy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:38 pm

Most Chukar hunters I know where Pronghorns by Danner. Mine are the old style as they have changed in the last few years. Very good boots!

orbirdhunter

Post by orbirdhunter » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:30 pm

I have seen people wear the gauntlet......Most people i know that hunt chukars more then a handful of days a year wear high quality backpacking/trekking boots.
Personally i like Lowa's. My hunting friends/partners have spoken highly of Zamberlain,meindl,Kenetrek.....
Basically i am usually looking for reasonably light weight, i like vibram soles, comfy, good ankle support......I stay away from "hunting" boots as it seems like they are made more for being sold to hunters and sitting in a blind with...not hiking 10 miles a day on uneven ground...

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:47 pm

BlackhaWk Warior Wear is my favorite. Next would be Danner's pronghorns.

mtlhdr

Post by mtlhdr » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Danner Grouse Boot. Expensive. Completely recraftable. Made in the good ole U S of A.

Waterdogs1

Post by Waterdogs1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:42 pm

I am using my elk and deer hunting boots now and they kinda suck. Not bad since we have snow. Hopefully it will melt. Are season is about over but I am going to need something for training. I had some of the American made danners and they were great till the soal split from the rocks I guess. We pounded some rocks today. I am way out of shape. I hope to do it more than a hand full of days and I am going to need some for training. Ezzy my experience the last few hunts is they have better boots than me :mrgreen: No flat land chukers for sure.

cjuve

Post by cjuve » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Meindl Alsaska Hunters are what I wear, I also have friends that swear by the Kennetrek. Although some may be real comfortable, I stay away from average hunting boots since they don't seem to be able to take the abuse. I have destroyed a lot of boots before buying the Alaska hunters including the Perfekt hunters.

Waterdogs1

Post by Waterdogs1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:48 pm

Meindl is what my buddy had for early archery and we put some rocky miles on them and he loves them. You say the Alaska hunters hold up better. How were the Perfekt hunters? I know they are expensive but they have a lifetime guarantee which I already used on my American made Danners after eleven days of hunting.

cjuve

Post by cjuve » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:42 pm

Waterdogs1 wrote:Meindl is what my buddy had for early archery and we put some rocky miles on them and he loves them. You say the Alaska hunters hold up better. How were the Perfekt hunters? I know they are expensive but they have a lifetime guarantee which I already used on my American made Danners after eleven days of hunting.
I hunted in the Perfekt hunters for one season and wore the soles off of them, Cabelas made good on the warranty and I upgraded to the Alaska hunters. I have been using the Alaska hunters for 3 years and like them, they are stiff to begin with but I like the support in the arch. I would not buy the Perfekt hunters again but will stick with the Alaska hunters or try some Kennetreks.

Vision

Post by Vision » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:53 pm

Meindle ultra light hunting boots for me this year. So far excellent. Very comfortable right out of the box.

hustonmc

Post by hustonmc » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:48 am

Kenetrek is a helluva boot. I wore 1 pair out pretty quick, stitching busted loose, easy fix. So comfortable got another pair and they have lasted 3x longer. Got to take care of your feet.