Frontline Tritak

Back

Frontline Tritak

Post by Back » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:41 pm

Went to the vet this morning to get Frontline Plus... They said they weren't going to carry Plus anymore. There is new improved Frontline called Frontline Tritak.

Anyone used it? Always had success with the Plus, but the Vet Tech claimed this is supposed to be even better. Of course it cost about $3 more, which isn't an issues, but I liked the Plus.

Thoughts?

Stoneface

Re: Frontline Tritak

Post by Stoneface » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:54 am

The active ingredient in Frontline is Fipronil. A pro friend of mine buys a Friponil concentrate and cuts it 50/50 with with rubbing alcohol and trades me a big bottle of it for a collar every so often. One treatment lasts one of my dogs two to four months. No ticks or fleas. Between that and Ivomec, my rolling monthly veterinary expense is about $4 for all four dogs.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:58 am

First, off lable use of premise concentrates for on animal use is dangerous and illegal. A few years ago, word got around that this was a cheap way to get the same effect as using an animal product. It is not. I have seen animals with severe chemical burns caused by this practice.

As far as the latest incarnation of Frontline, they delayed shipment on it last year, so I've yet to get any in or hear any feedback. Basically, the product adds a quick knockdown ingredient to the Frontline Plus formula. It might be useful for animals in heavily infested enviroments or for use when the application reccomendations are stretched. Personally, I prefer to minimize the chemicals on the dog and treat the environment.

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:53 am

Thanks for the input, Felicia, if I'm ever having a bad day they're always good to make me grin. Don't worry, though, I have a vet friend I asked about it who replied, "Off the record, I have to say not to use it, but on the record and as a friend I tell you that I use it on my dogs." Before I used it on my dogs I used it on myself for a test run and when I do use it on the girls I put it in my hands and rub it all over them. Never had any kind of problem. What you're saying about it being "dangerous and illegal" kind of theoretically puts it in the same category as Ivomec, doesn't it? You got anything against Ivomec?

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:17 pm

I rest my case. :roll:

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:01 pm

Like I said: Always good for a grin. ;)

Back

Post by Back » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:18 pm