stressfull weekend

cohanzick creek

stressfull weekend

Post by cohanzick creek » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:21 am

Friday Afternoon my daughter called me on the cell phone and told me that Donut, Jerry Lee, and Winchester, had busted the back gate in the yard. Jerry and Winchester had went to the River, and Donut went across the road the woods. Donut just vanished, I couldnt find her anywhere. The neighbor down the road told me that two of my dogs were over at his place, and one was in the river. that was Jerry Lee. Donut likes the water, but Jerry Loves the water. He wouldnt come out of that water for me for anything. My older daughter, Grace went over there and he came out for her. I guess Jerry lieks her better than me. We put our attention back to trying to find Donut, but couldnt find her anywhere. I was worried that if she came out, and tried to cross the road she'd get hit. Come Saturday we still couldnt find her. Im sitting at my kitchen table, at around 10am in the morning, talking to my wife on the phone, i look across the road, where theres a big field, and theres Donut. We went over there and we called her, but she was having too much fun. I guess that little bit of training i did with her, went out the window. We searched for her all day long, so at 4pm we decided to take a ride before it got dark. We were going down a road where i didnt think she would be, it was around 4miles away from the house, and there she was, in someones yard. We got out and called her, and her love for her Squeeky toy paid off. She came running to it. I thought i lost her forever. That was a tough 30hours for me. Its time to bring out the shock collar
cc

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: stressfull weekend

Post by shags » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:39 am

cohanzick creek wrote:. Its time to bring out the shock collar
cc
And to beef up that gate! :lol:

I'm glad that you got everyone back safe and sound. Stressful situation for sure!

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:21 pm

You are lucky..I lost a 3year old once due to some negligence on my part - never to be seen again.
- Ten years ago and it still bothers me.

Duckdon

Post by Duckdon » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:43 pm

Guess you know you need to beef up on your basic OB. Teach them "Down", I use a single long whistle blast, and then "Heel" after you hook up the leash. Can't believe it took 30 hours to catch them. Man, I would have been a wreck...Don

cohanzick creek

Post by cohanzick creek » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Sorry it took me so long to get back. After i fixed the back gate and made sure they couldnt get out of the back yard, my wife and I went to Landcaster for a few days. It seems they broke the latch on the gate, so now the gate is chained. Sharon im sorry you never got your dog back, and Don i know i have too start doing some more obediance work with her. I know it sounds like excuses, but my Diabetis really kept me down this year. Thanks
cc