Forum idea........

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Forum idea........

Post by Sharon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:54 pm

Interesting to me how it is mostly the newer members PUSHING for change. You have to earn the right/respect to ask for change around here, as is true in any venue.

admin

Post by admin » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:57 pm

My IP log (among other things) tells me that SOME folks might not be that new...

Having multiple accounts is against the rules, folks.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:59 pm

Saddle wrote:If I attack people personally like you do Ezzy I would be banned in you know it. You win I'm done posting.
No offence Saddle but but isn't this "the pot calling the kettle black" :) PMs are for dealing with these kind of issues in private.

95% of the time I respect and appreciate Ezzy's contribution. Whe I do have a problem with something that is said, we talk about it in PRIVATE , as I would be my boss etc.I don't express it through an office memo.

Fester

Post by Fester » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Folks this aint EBAY, its a forum if you don't trust someone on the "forum' don't buy anything off here, I can't stand to see someone run down admin when they have nothing to lose by doing it, join a site and post 30 or 40 times and demand changes, Bull Butter that aint how it works, if I were admin I would be looking at closing the for sale boards all together if it is a problem, having said that I would imagine it's not a problem, if I engaged in a transaction with a member here and felt I was done wrong I would straighten it out with him not drag the managment of this site into it
Fester

V-John

Post by V-John » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:52 am

Sharon wrote:Interesting to me how it is mostly the newer members PUSHING for change. You have to earn the right/respect to ask for change around here, as is true in any venue.
I have been a member longer then you, and I was one of the ones "pushing" for a change. But whatever.

Chris. You drop your kids off at daycare or school, and just drink beer all day. I just know how that works! :)
As for all the things you do, the list you gave me of "work" you do... Well, a woman's work is never done!
:D

CHJIII

Post by CHJIII » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:27 am

V-John wrote:
nightmaregundog wrote:It wouldnt hurt a thing but the great and powerfull EZ said no
There. Fixed it for you.
Careful there, It may make you disapear....................

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:48 am

CHJIII wrote:
V-John wrote:
nightmaregundog wrote:It wouldnt hurt a thing but the great and powerfull EZ said no
There. Fixed it for you.
Careful there, It may make you disapear....................
Not to worry, we don't need to take action like that when people are doing such a good job of doing it to themselves. Everyone on the board can see and come up with their own opinion of the few that postlike that.

V-John

Post by V-John » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:05 am

ezzy333 wrote: Not to worry, we don't need to take action like that when people are doing such a good job of doing it to themselves. Everyone on the board can see and come up with their own opinion of the few that postlike that.
Couldn't have said it better myself, but I'm guessing we are speaking of different people. Ironic.
Last edited by V-John on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doco
Location: Massena, NY - on the Northermost US/Canadian Border

Post by doco » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:53 am

JMO,

Look at the date joined and previous posts from the seller and that could give you an idea of what they are about. New poster looking to get on just to sell something or only posts are for sale posts...be wary! Joined 5 years ago and has several hundred posts...probably not here to rip somebody off. One of the most recent ones touted HOF dogs in the breeding. He got hammered on pretty quickly! For the most part, other than the FT'ers and Hunters disagreeing...it's a pretty straight forward forum and people get called out whether they like it or not. One bad post or sale will negate 19 good ones!

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:05 pm

It is "your" forum and you can set it up as you please, I don't have an opinion either way.

Here is what I have always thought when buying or selling an item online...why would ANYONE want to screw someone over on a sale? Do they not realize the "www" means world wide web and all it takes is one bad transaction or "screwin" and it is ALL over the internet and your reputation is GONE. I have actually used that when inquiring about a purchase..."listen if this XYZ widget is not what you say it is, there are a "few" of your peers on the www waiting to hear about it".

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:30 pm

PntrRookie wrote:It is "your" forum and you can set it up as you please, I don't have an opinion either way.

Here is what I have always thought when buying or selling an item online...why would ANYONE want to screw someone over on a sale? Do they not realize the "www" means world wide web and all it takes is one bad transaction or "screwin" and it is ALL over the internet and your reputation is GONE. I have actually used that when inquiring about a purchase..."listen if this XYZ widget is not what you say it is, there are a "few" of your peers on the www waiting to hear about it".
Good point just not real smart.

Ezzy

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:07 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
PntrRookie wrote:It is "your" forum and you can set it up as you please, I don't have an opinion either way.

Good point just not real smart.

Ezzy
How so...do tell

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:16 pm

I didn't write that real well. Good point. It sure isn't real smart for anyone to do that.

Ezzy

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:24 pm

Saddle wrote:These are all just excuses. I'm a member of several other boards were they have feedback forms and they are very very smooth. If you leave false feedback for somebody you get banned from the board it's real simple. Those other boards manage to do it really easily I don't know why this 1 couldn't too.
So, what are your suggestions about what to do when the person being banned comes back again and again using different names??? Guess this only works if the banned stay banned.

Joe

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:29 pm

V-John wrote:
Sharon wrote:Interesting to me how it is mostly the newer members PUSHING for change. You have to earn the right/respect to ask for change around here, as is true in any venue.
I have been a member longer then you, and I was one of the ones "pushing" for a change. But whatever.

Chris. You drop your kids off at daycare or school, and just drink beer all day. I just know how that works! :)
As for all the things you do, the list you gave me of "work" you do... Well, a woman's work is never done!
:D

:) That's why Iused the word MOSTLY.

by Sharon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Interesting to me how it is mostly the newer members PUSHING for change. You have to earn the right/respect to ask for change around here, as is true in any venue.

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:08 pm

admin wrote:My IP log (among other things) tells me that SOME folks might not be that new...

Don't you have the ability to block IP addresses? I know some Admins that do it when trolls & sockpuppets pop up. :wink:

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:43 pm

SubMariner wrote:
admin wrote:My IP log (among other things) tells me that SOME folks might not be that new...

Don't you have the ability to block IP addresses? I know some Admins that do it when trolls & sockpuppets pop up. :wink:
Yes we do and we have blocked some but there are cases where they get around that too. So far not a big problem but Rob was just making a comment.

Highway Ends Kennel

Post by Highway Ends Kennel » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:41 pm

If all of the adds under the Trading Post section are really removed after 6 months then there has been a TOTAL of around 650 adds the last 6 months. That's everything (Dogs For Sale, Equipment, Horses etc.)

With only +/- 100 new adds posted a month, are there even very many members trying to sell or buy stuff there on a regular basis?

The problem with trying to "rate" or give feedback on members is that the products they are selling are very subjective to each board members opinion. You'll get a wide range of views and opinions on something as straight forward as a training pistol as far as it's value, reliability, longevity etc. You start having members rate their experience on buying a dog or a horse from a certain breeder and the difference in opinions will get even more drastic.

Most people that have had gundogs for a while are passionate and pretty opinionated about what products or dogs they like and don't like. That's how it should be. Doesn't mean you have put anybody else down about their choice of breed or gun etc.

I don't think you can rate a breeder, or line of dogs, or even an e-collar and be as straight forward and unbiased as you would say rating a TV or computer. If your worried about the sellers integrity just ask them to PM you some references or some board member's names that they have sold to in the past.