Birddog Jamboree Update, March 16 - 17

Stoneface

Birddog Jamboree Update, March 16 - 17

Post by Stoneface » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:51 pm

Thought I would post an update for the Birddog Jam in case anyone was wondering about it. Man, the Jam has really come into it's own. First off, the Jam will be the last public appearance for Dez and Dash. We'll have a tribute dinner for them where Dez will speak. Dez will also be doing clinics on dog training from an amateur perspective and we'll be raffling a hunt with Dez and Dash at the hunting preserve that's hosting the event.

In addition to the guests of honor, we're also hosting the BHU Missouri qualifier, plus BHU is hosting a fun trial for people interested in the game and NSTRA and NAVHDA demonstrations. Dave Kunselman will be doing training seminars, pros on location to help you with your dog, we'll have Young Jakes Program for kids, Girls Gun Wild program for women, a gear swap area, vendors, silent auction, QU/PF Landowner Help Desk, sporting clays and a ton of food.

The event is going to be the weekend of March 16 - 17 and is going to be in New Long, Missouri at Ka-Tonka shooting preserve. If anyone is looking for more information, I'm here to answer any questions.

Stoneface

Re: Birddog Jamboree Update, March 16 - 17

Post by Stoneface » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:00 pm

If anyone is interested in buying raffle tickets for the hunt with Dez and Dash, you can eMail JD, the event prez., jd@cheaplaundryequipment.com.

JIM K

Post by JIM K » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:29 am

with gas prices hitting 4 dollars gallon,all i know including me are shutting down going anywhere.
sad isnt it.
i had a SM hunt i was going on in ill and cancelled it.
ice fishing is down to 1 day a week from 5 days.2 days out with whiskers hunting locally from 4 days.
inflation is going toruin everything soon.

CHJIII

Post by CHJIII » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:42 pm

Rowdy,

You said New Long, Missouri. Sure you don't mean New London?

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:48 pm

I did mean New London. Thanks, Chuck.

Moulders Farm

Post by Moulders Farm » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Hay stoneface would like more info what is the cost to get in if any . also what time does it all start & end .I have not ben to a bird dog Jamboreebut would like to come .

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:09 pm

Man, I hope you can make it! We have 250 peoples RSVP'd and more expected to come. There is a small inception on Friday evening around 5:30 pm, then the gates open on Saturday at 8 am. Festivities start at 9 am.

Here is an itinerary:

Friday, March 15, 2013:
5:30PM: Reception at KaTonka Hunting Lodge, Clay Shooting Available
Saturday, March 16, 2013:
8 AM: Gates Open
9 AM: BHU Field Trial Begins, Vendor Booths Open, Gear Swap Station Open, Quail Forever Landowner Help Desk
Open, Young Jakes Youth Program Open, NAVHDA and AKC Demonstrations.
10 AM: Dave Kunselman: Training a Natural Birddog, Girls Gun Wild Program Start.
11 AM: Illinois Birddog Rescue’s Rescue Dog Demonstration, Canine First-aid for the Field.
1 PM: Chip Clinic Start.
2 PM: Rob Garver: Effective Wing Shooting Seminar/ Shotgun Patterning
5 PM: Hunt with Dash RAFFLE DRAWING. Daytime events cease (except for Dash Retirement Party or Sporting Clays)
7 PM: Dash Retirement Party
BHU Sanctioned events: $50.00 entry fee. Fun trial: $30.00 entry fee. Dash Retirement Party, Filet Mignon or
Chicken: $50.00/plate. Raffle Tickets: $2.00 each. Sporting clays will be available all day off and on by request,
with certain times blocked out for working gunshy dogs and for the Girls Gun Wild program. To register for Girls
Gun Wild program (basic shotgun handling for ladies), please see their booth. Universal Chips for dogs, $30.00
each. Concessions available at the lodge.
Sunday, March 17, 2013:
8 AM: Gates Open, BHU Field Trial Begins
9 AM: Vendor Booths Open, Gear Swap Station Open, Quail Forever Landowner Help Desk Open, Young Jakes Youth
Program Open, Chip Clinic Start, NAVHDA and AKC Demonstrations.
10 AM: Rob Garver: Effective Wing Shooting Instructions, John Burk: Landowner Conservation Seminar, Chip Clinic
Starts.
11 AM: Dez Young: Training from the Amateur’s Prospective, IBR’s Rescue Dog Demonstration.
1 PM: Dave Kunselman: Training the Natural Birddog.
3 PM: 2013 Birddog Jamboree Event Closes.

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:25 am

Sorry, forgot to mention the cover charge. Adult’s $10, twelve years and under $5, five years and under is free.

sfc

Post by sfc » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:44 pm

This is right in my backyard, I'll definitely be coming to check out the events. Are well-behaved, non-participating dogs on a short leash allowed to walk the grounds with their owners?