New guy

wvmountainhick

New guy

Post by wvmountainhick » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:04 pm

Just wanted to say hey to everyone. I'm new to the site but not to hutning with dogs. My grandfather had a GSP some time ago that was an absolute machine. I've hunted birds, coons, bears and rabbits off and on all my life with dogs but have recently found myself wrapped up into a sport that I feel is going to be a bit lost on this board. For the past few years I've been hunting squirrels with some small dogs called Mountain Feists. I've got 3 right now (a 5 y/o male, 3 y/o female, 4 m/o male) and I've got to say, it's been an absolute blast. If anyone is interested in more information (not that I see that being the case) just let me know. I can lead you to a site that's full of good people (the same seems true of this site from what I've gathered just lurking around for a while) and could even hook you up with some pup handlers if need be. I've never been real hung up on what people are hunting with dogs so long as the dog is in the woods. There's just something about the sound of a dog blowing the top out of a tree or going on point that puts a big smile on my face. Sure wish the bird population would improve here so I could justify getting another GSP like Pap's.

Hattrick

Re: New guy

Post by Hattrick » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:23 pm

Welcome:-)

quackerjack

Post by quackerjack » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Hope you enjoy the forum. I certainly have.

Back

Post by Back » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:55 pm

Welcome aboard!

Jagerdawg

Post by Jagerdawg » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:55 am

Welcome

cohanzick creek

Post by cohanzick creek » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:55 am

yes welcome