Ticks are going to bad this year

cohanzick creek

Ticks are going to bad this year

Post by cohanzick creek » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:04 am

It looks like ticks are going to be bad in Jersey this year, I found ticks on doughnut for a week, it was cold and snowing when she had her weekend out in the woods so I start to put advantage on them already
cc
Last edited by cohanzick creek on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Ticks are going to be there this year

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:31 am

cohanzick creek wrote:It looks like ticks are going to be bad in Jersey this year, I found ticks on doughnut for a week, it was cold and snowing when she had her weekend out in the woods so I start to put advantage on them already
cc
You convinced me when you said you found ticks on your doughnut. Think I would change places to get your doughnuts.

Ezzy

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:36 am

Advantix is the product you used? The deer population here keeps us in a year round supply of bloodsuckers.

cohanzick creek

Post by cohanzick creek » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:06 am

ezzy, I guess your comedian, now lol. I guess I should have said Fastnacht
cc

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:15 am

ezzy333 wrote:
cohanzick creek wrote:It looks like ticks are going to be bad in Jersey this year, I found ticks on doughnut for a week, it was cold and snowing when she had her weekend out in the woods so I start to put advantage on them already
cc
You convinced me when you said you found ticks on your doughnut. Think I would change places to get your doughnuts.

Ezzy
LOL.. I thought the same thing. Shows how easily things can be mis interpreted on here.

I agree with the OP. It's been mild here since March 1 which means ............

cohanzick creek

Re: Ticks are going to bad this year

Post by cohanzick creek » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:31 pm

lol you guys can make fun of my dogs name. It's okay, but my daughter works in a bakery and brings me home. Donuts all the time they don't have tick s on. Them
cc

Tyler S

Post by Tyler S » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Cajun Casey wrote: The deer population here keeps us in a year round supply of bloodsuckers.
Deer and hogs here. We don't get a break during the winter either

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:15 pm

cohanzick creek wrote:lol you guys can make fun of my dogs name. It's okay, but my daughter works in a bakery and brings me home. Donuts all the time they don't have tick s on. Them
cc
You should get a little rat dog and name it Sprinkles!

DogNewbie

Post by DogNewbie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:24 pm

What I don't get is why the northern states always have such higher numbers of lymes disease cases despite having these intense tick free winters? Can anyone shed some light on this?

http://hightechnologyscrubs.com/wp-cont ... 10x458.jpg

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:43 pm

DogNewbie wrote:What I don't get is why the northern states always have such higher numbers of lymes disease cases despite having these intense tick free winters? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Because they have the rodent vector.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:37 pm

cohanzick creek wrote:lol you guys can make fun of my dogs name. It's okay, but my daughter works in a bakery and brings me home. Donuts all the time they don't have tick s on. Them
cc
I never made fun of your dogs name as I didn't even know it's name. Names are always capitalized and I didn't see it listed in your post. There are reasons for good grammer and writing skills when it comes to communicating with people. I figured out what you meant but you sure didn't help me any. And I like the name. And I admit I was picking on you a wee bit.

Ezzy

JIM K

Post by JIM K » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:37 am

cc
i named my puppy WHISKERS . some made fun of me and some were even very mad naming a great breed dog [SMALL MUNSTERLANDER] name like that.,
if you saw whiskers on him you too would have named him that.

i think your pups name is just fine. :wink:

JIM K

Post by JIM K » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:38 am

ezzy333 wrote:
cc
I never made fun of your dogs name as I didn't even know it's name. Names are always capitalized and I didn't see it listed in your post. There are reasons for good grammer and writing skills when it comes to communicating with people. I figured out what you meant but you sure didn't help me any. And I like the name. And I admit I was picking on you a wee bit.

Ezzy

:roll:

JIM K

Post by JIM K » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:40 am

DogNewbie wrote:What I don't get is why the northern states always have such higher numbers of lymes disease cases despite having these intense tick free winters? Can anyone shed some light on this?

good question .for 40 years i never saw tick in pa.
some said deer, no way we dont have very many deer.
its like the gypsy moth.
all of sudden they were here and destroyed our oak trees.

campgsp

Post by campgsp » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:53 am

I freaking hate ticks! Last year I had a bunch get in my truck. It was a miserable had to bomb the truck and do a though vacuuming. Remember not to leave the Windows open or let the dogs ride inside the cab when you know there is a tick infestation.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Seem to be hotspots - 3 areas in On.

nitecapt

Post by nitecapt » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:31 am

ezzy333 wrote:
cc

Ezzy

I think that was a typo.......did he mean to say he found a tick on his dogs nuts instead of dougnuts? You know how these spell checkers can make mistakes.

mudpuppy

Post by mudpuppy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:14 pm

I started Frontlining early this year.

While on that subject, y'all don't forget to protect yourselves out there with whatever tick repellant you prefer. I use Deep Woods off and a spray on repellant on my clothing and shoes. Even my hat. In fact you might say I am pretty adamant about it.

I was diagnosed with Lyme in 09. Trust me, you don't want to get it. Everything you hear about it is true compounded. All it takes is one bite from an infected tick. Forget the 24 hour leeway in getting the tick removed. It can happen in less time than that. Also never remove a tick by using heat or chemicals. You will cause it to regurgitate it's stomach contents and bingo,the next thing you know you are sicker than a dog and on mega doses of antibiotics for years.

Please take the little bloodsuckers seriously.

cohanzick creek

Post by cohanzick creek » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:32 am

Okay, doughnut is my dogs name. I know I didn't post it very well when doughnut got out and ran in the woods for over 30 hours. She came back load it with ticks. I pick them off for a week, it was cold so I was surprised to see ticks so early in the season. Now the weather is getting nice you can't walk outside without getting a tick on you already started to put K9 advantage on my dogs
cc