Work/Live in Bird Country

JakeDD

Work/Live in Bird Country

Post by JakeDD » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:20 pm

I know nothing about this company but found this article on Yahoo News and thought it may be relevant/useful for someone on GDF.
Any IT guys looking to move to the Dakotas?

http://news.yahoo.com/apnewsbreak-compa ... 48603.html

Stoneface

Re: Work/Live in Bird Country

Post by Stoneface » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:17 pm

Very cool. North Dakota is a plethora of economic opportunity right now, too. I just found out last year that I work/live in bird country. Who'd a guessed?

SD Pheasant Slayer

Re: Work/Live in Bird Country

Post by SD Pheasant Slayer » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:44 pm

I lived in Vermillion for a number of years while doing my undergraduate and master's degree. It's a great little community for those that don't need a tremendously exciting night life. While the pheasant hunting in the immediate area isn't what most people would normally associate with South Dakota, there are plenty of birds to be killed and even more within an hour or two drive. If waterfowl is more your game, you'd be hard pressed to find a better spot to live. If it's fishing or boating you prefer, the Missouri River offers all the opportunities you'd want. Throw in spring turkeys, fall whitetails, and spring snow geese (Vermillion is smack in the center of the spring migration - if you've never seen it, you wouldn't believe it) and you've got just about everything a guy could hope for.