RockAcre pointer bird dogs

muckalee

RockAcre pointer bird dogs

Post by muckalee » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Not familiar with this line as I am new to this business. Could someone give me some opinions?

codym

Re: RockAcre pointer bird dogs

Post by codym » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:28 pm

I assume that your speaking about rockacre black
hawk.I don't have a great amount of experience with the line but the little that I do has been very very positive. I consider the line more fiddler bred than anything. The dogs that I have had out of this line have been big stylish bird dogs with good noses and nice temperments. As far as fieldtrials dogs go rockacre blackhawks influence is undeniable. He has and is producing shoot to retrieve dogs, shooting dogs and all age dogs. Theres a reason he's in the hall of fame. This is my Bear dog he is a son of rockacre blackhawk by a daughter of guardrail, his full brother ran at ames this year. I like him so much im going to breed him to my favorite female. I hope this is the info your looking for.

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:30 pm

I want one, does that count?

Middlecreek

Post by Middlecreek » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:15 pm

This is a son of Rockacre Blackhawk. Just won an open shooting dog classic with him last week. He is for sale. Qualified for both open and amateur championships.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:54 pm

There are and we're quite a few of good rock acre dogs. Ch Rock Acre Erector, Rock Acre Santo is a female I would buy anything out of. Rock Acre Blackhawk is also a great producer I have 5 direct son's and daughters here now. Rock Acre Powder Keg I have a son of also. There is many more dogs I.can't remember off hand.
Dean Lord owner of Rock Acre kennels is still running dogs and usually has an ad in the American field. He's won more than plenty and knows a whole lot about his dogs. Give him a call.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:31 am

A good buddy of mine named Ken Lane owns Rock Acre Blackrock. Here is a pedigree on him. Blackrock is a very accomplished trial dog and has thrown some fantastic pups as well. Ken used to have a fantastic website but I believe he has done away with it. I know he still has a lot of nice dogs though.

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1615

Here is Ken's contact number if you want to get ahold of him he can tell you anything you want to know about that line and probably sell you a pup.

http://www.gundogsonline.com/hunting-do ... 14605.html

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:52 am

Another great dog by Ch Rock Acre Blackhawk is Ch Westfall's Black Ice.
Ch Westfall's Black Ice was bred to Tall Grass Bee and produced Ch Great River Ice,
who is currently the #1 dog in the 2012-13 Purina Open Shooting Dog points list.

Lots of style, lots of run & a kind handle are the traits I associate of dogs with Rock Acre lineage.
Oh yeah- a heck of a nose too !!

Here is a picture of a pup at 8 months old who is doubled up on Rock Acre Blackhawk on his Sire's side.
Bodhi_8mnths_point.jpg
Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

boonebrit

Post by boonebrit » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:15 am

These are some fantastic looking dogs. Makes me want a pointer. I can't truly tell from for the photos but they look like big pointers.

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:36 am

How is that male bred on the bottom side MiddleCreek? Those are all some fine looking specimens! SCK

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:09 am

tommyboy72 wrote:A good buddy of mine named Ken Lane owns Rock Acre Blackrock. Here is a pedigree on him. Blackrock is a very accomplished trial dog and has thrown some fantastic pups as well. Ken used to have a fantastic website but I believe he has done away with it. I know he still has a lot of nice dogs though.

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1615

Here is Ken's contact number if you want to get ahold of him he can tell you anything you want to know about that line and probably sell you a pup.

http://www.gundogsonline.com/hunting-do ... 14605.html
Is this the same dog as Conecuh Station's Black Rock?

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:25 am

GrayDawg wrote:Another great dog by Ch Rock Acre Blackhawk is Ch Westfall's Black Ice.
Ch Westfall's Black Ice was bred to Tall Grass Bee and produced Ch Great River Ice,
who is currently the #1 dog in the 2012-13 Purina Open Shooting Dog points list.

Lots of style, lots of run & a kind handle are the traits I associate of dogs with Rock Acre lineage.
Oh yeah- a heck of a nose too !!

Here is a picture of a pup at 8 months old who is doubled up on Rock Acre Blackhawk on his Sire's side.
Bodhi_8mnths_point.jpg
Rob
Great looking pup, he's definitely doubled up Ch Rock Acre Blackhawk. I can see it :wink:

I have a top and bottom Blackhawk litter due soon. The stud is a son of Blackhawk and guard rails powder. The dam is a daughter of Erins Brave Heart and Blackhawks Star. Blackhawks Star is a full sister to CH Westfalls black Ice. That Blackhawk to Katie Lee was the best rockacre and elhew combo I know of. My Gotpointers Blackstar shows the same telltale sign.

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:12 am

gotpointers wrote:That Blackhawk to Katie Lee was the best rockacre and elhew combo I know of. My Gotpointers Blackstar shows the same telltale sign.
Here's a picture of Elhew Katie Lee that I got it from from Cliff Miles in Alabama who owned & bred her.
ElhewKatieLee_sml(PatGrtGrndDam).jpg
She was bred 5 times to Ch Rock Acre Blackhawk. After the success of the pups from the first two breedings, pups from the last three breedings were being traded STRAIGHT UP for 25' long horse trailers !! And if you doubt it, I heard it directly over the phone from Cliff Miles.

That was just one of those magical 'nicks' that produced gold.

BTW, my pup is 49 lbs. at 8 months old & sure as heck knows where the front is.........

Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by GrayDawg on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Middlecreek

Post by Middlecreek » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am

sckwest1 wrote:How is that male bred on the bottom side MiddleCreek? Those are all some fine looking specimens! SCK
The dam is (Elhew Jefferson x Hanna's Elhew Lou) X (Elhew Discovery x Hanna's Elhew Lou)

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=5000

Saddle

Post by Saddle » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:00 pm

Most rockacre dogs I've seen have been on the smaller side.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:57 pm

Saddle wrote:Most rockacre dogs I've seen have been on the smaller side.
Black Ice is/was good size, one of the best dog I have seen run at Conway, and I have seen some good ones there.

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:49 pm

I believe Dean Lord ran Blackhawk and other Rock Acre pre-fixed dogs but isn't Cecil "Pee Wee" Cole the owner of Rock Acre Kennels?

muckalee

Post by muckalee » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:20 pm

Thanks to all

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:55 pm

That's a great picture Graydawg. She has a great production record also do you have her current numbers? Also I remember them talking about her numbers of competitors produced and running at the nationals but not all the details.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:06 pm

Big Dave wrote:I believe Dean Lord ran Blackhawk and other Rock Acre pre-fixed dogs but isn't Cecil "Pee Wee" Cole the owner of Rock Acre Kennels?
You may be right. I have paperwork here from my rock acre powder keg son. It's not circled for either owner or lessee of sire but has his name behind it so that doesent help prove or disprove. Also last I tried to find out more of him and his dogs was about 5 years ago and he was under deanlord.com and that was offline at the time also.

Tejas

Post by Tejas » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Big Dave wrote:I believe Dean Lord ran Blackhawk and other Rock Acre pre-fixed dogs but isn't Cecil "Pee Wee" Cole the owner of Rock Acre Kennels?
Pee Wee was the breeder of Rock-Acre Blackhawk and owned Rock-Acre kennels located on the south side of Brownwood, Tx. He sold Rock-Acre Blackhawk for a pretty penny. I don't know if someone has bought the kennel name in the past few years.

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:40 am

gotpointers wrote:That's a great picture Graydawg. She has a great production record also do you have her current numbers? Also I remember them talking about her numbers of competitors produced and running at the nationals but not all the details.
Gotpointers,
I promise you- this is the only picture of Elhew Katie Lee that anyone can find on the world wide web! It was affixed to the driver's side visor of Cliff Miles' truck for 10+ years before he snail-mailed it to me. I have no idea what Katie Lee's production numbers are..... But they have to be impressive. Sorry I don't have that info.

In addition to Cliff Miles and Dean Lord, Dr. Phil Maloley from Nebradka also owned Elhew Katie Lee for a while as well.

Rob

mulecreek

Post by mulecreek » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:44 am

middlecreek...please call me about your dog.....Virgil 806-570-2961

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:08 am

gotpointers wrote:Is this the same dog as Conecuh Station's Black Rock?
Nope just viewed a pic of that dog and is definitely not him. Rock Acre Blackrock is about 8 or 10 years old and is about a 65lb. dog. He is a big boy. If I am correct about who Mulecreek is then Virgil can tell you all about him. He knows him well.