Interesting Contract

V-John

Interesting Contract

Post by V-John » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:49 pm

I know that contracts have been discussed at length here both for the good and bad. Here is an example of a contract that I think is quite ridiculous. Nevermind the prices but wording. This is from a high volume breeder of vizslas with little or no regard for hunting ability or conformation for that matter.

http://www.goldenmeadowsretrievers.com/ ... -wyatt.doc

I especially like section 3, subsection c.
Incredible.
Let me know if the attachment works or not.

topher40
GDF Junkie

Re: Interesting Contract

Post by topher40 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Seems like alot of mumbo jumbo with some unbelievable requirements that would allow the seller to claim the buyer is in violation of the contract at any time.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:59 pm

Yes, the attachment worked and yes, you are correct, "incredible'!!

Charlie

hustonmc

Post by hustonmc » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:18 pm

I personally enjoyed section 7. LOL, What a joke.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:21 pm

It is a joke but is good enough to keep me from buying. I think it is worse than most but could be used as the poster child of contracts and what is wrong with most all of them.

Ezzy

Wenaha

Post by Wenaha » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:45 pm

$2500 for a Vizla or golden puppy? You can buy a bird dog pup from the world's best breedings for $400 - $1000 every day. This fool preys on bigger fools. I would never buy a Vizla or Golden anyway.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:50 pm

Have seen a number of eight to ten month old started dog'f of great breeding sold for $750! No way would I sign a contract like that. Bet the guy has a super line of BS aand sells to non-hunters!

V-John

Post by V-John » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:27 pm

Wenaha wrote: I would never buy a Vizla or Golden anyway.
Good for you. Maybe someday you'll learn how to spell it too.
I doubt I would buy an orange and white setter, but that's neither here nor there.

The point of this is to not bash the breed, but what people try to do with the contracts and get away with. Section seven was amusing... How could they possibly enforce that?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:38 pm

I think a section like that is written to protect them. They can't enforce it but you can prove you didn't injure the pup when something happens so they will claim you didn't comply and you can't prove it either. Everything is written so whatever happens it will be your fault and they won't have to pay back any money.

Ezzy

V-John

Post by V-John » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:41 pm

ezzy333 wrote:I think a section like that is written to protect them. They can't enforce it but you can prove you didn't injure the pup when something happens so they will claim you didn't comply and you can't prove it either. Everything is written so whatever happens it will be your fault and they won't have to pay back any money.

Ezzy
Good point. Along with the fact they want the pup examined by their vet too.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:37 am

The thing about contracts is you are free to sign or not. If you would pay $2,000+ for a puppy which can't be allowed to exercise you probably shouldn't have a puppy. Cj

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:50 am

You know -

I wonder what kind of moron would sign their name to such a contract?

My take is that anyone who would sign such a ridiculous piece of legaleze...fully deserves to get hammered.

Dumb.

RayG

royta

Post by royta » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:11 am

Section 7. If I were paying $2,250 for a pup, I would expect absolutely ZERO possibility of the pup picking up HEREDITARY traits. For $2,250, every ancestor for the past 10 generations should be PERFECT, with no faults to pass down.

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:21 am

That's what happens when you buy something from the land of fruits and nuts.

V-John

Post by V-John » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:41 am

royta wrote:Section 7. If I were paying $2,250 for a pup, I would expect absolutely ZERO possibility of the pup picking up HEREDITARY traits. For $2,250, every ancestor for the past 10 generations should be PERFECT, with no faults to pass down.
Good point. And reading other reviews of the place indicates that some of the pups have congenital heart issues. Its too bad, really.

Some first time buyers simply don't know better and assume that this is standard practice, and don't do their homework.

rgsiii

Post by rgsiii » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:00 am

Go to their website and look at their "started dogs." Look at their started dog videos, for several thousand dollars, you could get a dog able to do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQltf6khw3k

http://www.goldenmeadowsretrievers.com/ ... -for-sale/ Go to the bottom and see the coco video.

These dogs live in a whole different world.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:08 pm

So what happened to not publicly dissing specific breeders by name?

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:25 pm

So what?
One simply shops elsewhere.
If you look for such...you will find it.

What was the name again? :roll:

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:12 am

This guarantee will be null and void if Buyer does not supply the dog with NuVet Plus for Canines® on a daily basis. Buyer is required to use NuVet Labs ™ NuVet Plus for Canines® on a daily basis, during and after the guarantee period, failure to do so will make this guarantee null and void. NuVet Plus for Canines® may be ordered @ (800) 474-7044 order code # 32566, make sure that you use the order code number when ordering, it allows us to track your purchase of vitamins
Not only the price but WTH Wonder what kinda kick backs they are getting on this to boot. There are plenty of breeders out there ...all I have to say is NEXT

SHORTFAT

Post by SHORTFAT » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:43 am

I would think that in court any competent, or for that matter any half hearted, moderately intoxicated attorney could shred something like that... but why would you put yourself through it with all of the other options out there?.. :roll: :?: :|

campgsp

Post by campgsp » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:16 am

Wouldn't even waist my time. I'd walk away at the price. Section 2 they say you can return the dog for another pup but not a refund for defects. What guarantees there is another pup available? Puppy mill jumps to mined.

I hate this contract just as much as half ownership. Sorry I paid for the dog he belongs to me now and only me. I'll do what I please with him. :twisted:

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:00 am

That is just plain ridiculous. Why would you want a dog like that? Even just as a pet or show dog. I bet they have heriditary promblems in their dogs. They throwing a big tarp over their @SZ.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:31 am

This breeder is probably laughing at this thread all the way to the bank. Check out what he's getting for his young adults.

jwnissen

Post by jwnissen » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:05 am

Wenaha wrote:$2500 for a Vizla or golden puppy? You can buy a bird dog pup from the world's best breedings for $400 - $1000 every day. This fool preys on bigger fools. I would never buy a Vizla or Golden anyway.
Didn't you know, the more you charge, the better the dog!!! I have seen a lot of people with money think this way and not even think twice about spending that much money for a dog. Must be nice. :roll:

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:08 am

This is one of the reasons my "contracts" begin and end with a handshake. Pens and paper arent welcome here. Never bought or sold a dog with a contract, and I have done plenty of both. :wink:

jeffkrop

Post by jeffkrop » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:28 pm

Better make sure the dog has adequate shade. This just crazy almost hard to read all the mumble jumble.

sdsujacks

Post by sdsujacks » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:20 am

jwnissen wrote:
Wenaha wrote:$2500 for a Vizla or golden puppy? You can buy a bird dog pup from the world's best breedings for $400 - $1000 every day. This fool preys on bigger fools. I would never buy a Vizla or Golden anyway.
Didn't you know, the more you charge, the better the dog!!! I have seen a lot of people with money think this way and not even think twice about spending that much money for a dog. Must be nice. :roll:
A few people that breed their pheasant dogs here in SD have told me that it is easier for them to sell their dogs in the $800-1,200 range rather than the $400-600 range just because so many people think that a higher price is a better dog.

millerms06

Post by millerms06 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:28 pm

rgsiii wrote:Go to their website and look at their "started dogs." Look at their started dog videos, for several thousand dollars, you could get a dog able to do this.

These dogs live in a whole different world.

I like the video of their $12,000 dog.
http://www.goldenmeadowsretrievers.com/ ... ns-gundog/

Yup...a gentleman's gun dog...sure :P :lol:

buckeyebowman

Post by buckeyebowman » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:05 pm

myerstenn wrote:That's what happens when you buy something from the land of fruits and nuts.
You kind of read my mind. I wondered if doing business in the "bizarro world" had anything to do with all the convoluted nonsense!

And wenaha, don't you be bashing on Goldens now! My buddy had a bunch of Golden Retrievers back in the day, and they were wonderful dogs and great hunters too!

I've also been given to understand that Viszla's (hope I spelled it correctly) are a late maturing breed. Still, it makes me wonder how exercising a pup can cause "hereditary" problems. It's either in the dog's genetics or it isn't.

The price is whacked! But, that may also be a symptom of doing biz in the Bear Flag State. Californee folk expect to pay more for everything, and the government is up your nose every day if you're in business. I used to sell fine wine for a living. I was working with a winemaker from CA. one time when we called on a restaurant where there was a small cottage for sale on the street behind it. It was about 700 sq ft, with a garage about big enough to park an MG Midget! They wanted $60K for it. He told me that where he was from, it would be a quarter of a million dollars easy!

Anyway, long story shot, RUN FOR THE HILLS!