Barbwire!

Gertie

Barbwire!

Post by Gertie » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:37 pm

Took Gert out for a run yesterday evening and she got cut up in some barbwire that was laying on the ground (someone dumped it out there). She came back with lacerations on her legs, one of them deep enough I could see connective tissue. I washed the larger ones out with saline and treated them with emt gel, wrapped the major cut with a non-stick pad and secured it with vet wrap, and then gave her 25 mg of carprofen for pain/swelling. I took her into the vet this morning and she's got to be put under sedation and get sewn back together. I sure wish folks would stop dumping their junk on public land. I just spent a couple hours last week out at our local field trial grounds cleaning up shot up beer bottles, tvs, etc. that some dirt bag(s) left for someone or something to get hurt on and now it looks like I've got to go out and clean up after some other jerk. Just makes me mad :evil: . Anyway, I want to thank the folks on the forum for the good wound care discussions on this site. The vet said everything was done properly and that the risk of infection was a great deal lower because of good initial care and I learned a great deal about how to do that here so, thank you :D .
Last edited by Gertie on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brad27

Post by brad27 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:54 pm

We have idiots like that here too.
Hope your dog recovers quickly.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365533618.282515.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

markj
GDF Junkie

Re: "Bloody" Barbwire!

Post by markj » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:48 pm

Saw a couch in the ditch the other day....when did the country become a dump? Best play that arlo song about that cafe and thanksgiving :)

Gertie

Re: Barbwire!

Post by Gertie » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:57 pm

Got Gert back from the vet with 26 stitches. Worst one was on her right fore-leg down by the ankle joint and was scary close to cutting into connective tissue. Should be good as new in a couple weeks. Located the barb wire and hauled it off. Guess it could have been worse but would like to send whoever dumped tha wire out there the bill.

AlbertaChessie

Re: Barbwire!

Post by AlbertaChessie » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:59 pm

Had my five month old chessie open up his gut on some 'disposed' of wire a couple weeks back. literally infuriated me.

no worse sound than hearing your little buddy yelp his rear end off after encountering that kind of mess.