GSP Pedigree help

dogman23

GSP Pedigree help

Post by dogman23 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Hedi x Honker.png
Can any of you guys give me some feed back on this pedigree. You can post or PM me. I am new to the forum and look forward to the interesting discussions. Thanks a lot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TraditionsGSPs2010

Re: GSP Pedigree help

Post by TraditionsGSPs2010 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:44 pm

Not sure what type of information you are looking for? There are a lot of great dogs found throughout who have proven themselves in many different testing venues who were bred by some very reputable breeders.

Maybe if you could ask a more pointed question or describe why you are looking you may get more detailed answers.

dogman23

Post by dogman23 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:52 pm

Sorry.... I am planning on hunting grouse, woodcock, ducks, geese and some phez. I want a calm dog in the house but switch in the field. I want a strong point, not to far ranging, water loving dog with a lot of natural retrieving. I also plan on running navhda and akc testing. I think that covers it. Thanks

mactrout

Post by mactrout » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:18 pm

This pedigree does speak for itself, I personally know over 1/2 the dogs and have hunted behind many. I own a littermate to Hiedi and she is one of the finest young prospects I have ever worked with. These pups should get it done in any venue.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:56 pm

I believe Howie and Tammy Hill own Sharp Shooters NW Mr. Motion and Gunslinger's NW Heartbreaker--the bottom half of that pedigree. Tammy goes by Ms. Cage on here, I think, so I'd just ask them about their dogs. I've met them and they seem to be straight shooters. :D

http://www.northwaters-gsps.com/

TraditionsGSPs2010

Post by TraditionsGSPs2010 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:58 pm

dogman23 wrote:Sorry.... I am planning on hunting grouse, woodcock, ducks, geese and some phez. I want a calm dog in the house but switch in the field. I want a strong point, not to far ranging, water loving dog with a lot of natural retrieving. I also plan on running navhda and akc testing. I think that covers it. Thanks
I think you would be in fine shape taking a pup from this litter to the field, test or sitting in front of the fire.

Good luck!

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:59 am

Have seen almost every dog in this pedigree at one time or another. Pretty much as good as it gets Cj

dogman23

Post by dogman23 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:09 am

Thanks for the responses. I felt good when I decided and I feel even better now. Can't wait for pup.