Over/Under Shotgun Question

madmurph

Over/Under Shotgun Question

Post by madmurph » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:33 pm

With a double trigger O/U, which trigger is normally for the top barrel, or all models different?

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Re: Over/Under Shotgun Question

Post by Mountaineer » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Rear

But, any gun's triggers can most often be set up as the owner wished....o/u or sxs.

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:53 am

I prefer single triggers an side by side.

gspguy

Post by gspguy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:22 am

With a double trigger O/U, which trigger is normally for the top barrel, or all models different?
You want the front trigger to fire the bottom barrel. You want to fire the bottom barrel first because the bottom barrel is more in line with the stock and the recoil from it will be directed more back to the shoulder with less muzzle rise thus allowing for a faster follow up shot with the top barrel. This is all splitting hairs but under normal circumstances the bottom barrel is fired first followed by the top barrel. The first trigger pulled is the front trigger followed by the back trigger. Bottom barrel = front trigger, top barrel = back trigger.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:03 am

I love double trigger's and don't have one anymore. On my SxS's, the right barrel fire's first and the left next. Tightest choke last. Have no idea how that would work on an O/U with choke tubes? You guy's with gun's with choke tubes really stuck yourselves in the butt. Now you tell the storm and strife you need a new gun with I/C - Mod ,she'll just tell you to change the tubes! :mrgreen:

nitrex

Post by nitrex » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:42 am

DonF wrote:I love double trigger's and don't have one anymore. On my SxS's, the right barrel fire's first and the left next. Tightest choke last. Have no idea how that would work on an O/U with choke tubes? You guy's with gun's with choke tubes really stuck yourselves in the butt. Now you tell the storm and strife you need a new gun with I/C - Mod ,she'll just tell you to change the tubes! :mrgreen:
:D :D :D :D :D

Nitrex

roaniecowpony

Post by roaniecowpony » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:35 am

I don't need no stinking choke tubes. I just buy another gun.

The interchangeable chokeytube has created a generation of incessant choke changers. They change chokes at every field to get the perfect choke.