Bloodline question?

Xhipi1

Bloodline question?

Post by Xhipi1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:37 am

Hey guys can you guys tell me anything about this bloodline? I know bloodline isn't everything but will the pups come out good hunters?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gotpointers

Re: Bloodline question?

Post by gotpointers » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:25 am

The bottom side is impressive quite a bit I recognize. Direct Crackling tailspeed I buy up as much as I can find. Topside I don't know so I won't say anything.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:35 am

The bottom side is impressive quite a bit I recognize. Direct Crackling tailspeed I buy up as much as I can find. Topside I don't know so I won't say anything. Grouse ridge stuff is good stuff. Long gone I don't have any of it so I don't know the linepersonally. I'm sure they will hunt given proper exposure. Matron line is more important than sire in any breeding as far as I'm concerned. :D

x Bred Pointer

Post by x Bred Pointer » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:35 pm

I see the name "Ryman" back a ways on the top side so I would guess the sire's breeding to be the "Ryman" type of dog. The bottom side is very good cover dog setter breeding. I would think they would hunt fine.

Xhipi1

Post by Xhipi1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:20 pm

thanks for the replies. The father was a ryman setter. he had a classic setter point, and large bone structure. the mother on the other hand was smaller and kept a 12oclock tail. As my pup gets older, its funny to see how much he is getting from the parents. For example, he has that large body build of his dad but keeps a high tail like his mom. So far im pretty happy with the dog.

millerms06

Post by millerms06 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:03 am

Here is a link about the Dam's father. I'd say your dog has some pretty good lines.

http://www.longgonesetters.com/long_gone_nixon.htm

Xhipi1

Post by Xhipi1 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:19 pm

thanks for the response. seems like the dame has a pretty good bloodline. the pup is almost a year old now and is doing everything i want it to like holding points, using his nose instead of just sight, and fetches. the only thing he hasnt gotten yet is backing.