Would like feedback on NSTRA Fl. region website

Sterndog

Would like feedback on NSTRA Fl. region website

Post by Sterndog » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:13 am

Hello fello hunters and field trialers. The Florida region had our new website built this last year and i would love to hear your feedback on what you think. Is it easy to understand? How do you think it looks? Would it peak your interest to get involved? Look forward to your feedback!
http://www.nstraflorida.com
Last edited by Sterndog on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: Would like feedback on NSTRA Fl. region website

Post by DonF » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:12 pm

Haven't looked at a lot of NSTRA site but this is by far the best I've seen. Include AKC site's in with that. You guy's make your own site?

Sterndog

Post by Sterndog » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:01 pm

Thanks Don.... Yes, we did as a region we raised the funds to have a private source, (link on bottom of home page) build it.

hill

Post by hill » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:53 pm

Looks great! That is one of the best field trial websites I've seen. I've never understood why more field trial organizations aren't more interested in really good websites. If facebook is the only way to keep up with your teenager, a website is the best way to appeal to him. Great job with the site, I hope it helps your region.

KCBrittfan

Post by KCBrittfan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:18 pm

Great looking web site!

You need a bigger picture of your region champion, Buddy's Mini Cooper :D Maybe even some pictures/write up from his 2012 National Quail Invitational win :D :wink:

Okay, so I'm biased -- Cooper is my dog's littermate.

Seriously, the site really is one of the nicer ones I've seen.

hustonmc

Post by hustonmc » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:01 pm

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Wish our Region would put something together even half as good as this. Like the "How To Play The Game" and how birds SHOULD be evenly spread throughout the field. Great job.

JoshHaker

Post by JoshHaker » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:36 am

The site looks good! Very easy to use. One thing I noticed was the pictures of the dogs on the home page would not take you to the category they represent but from the other sub pages it would. For example if you click the setter for schedule it would not take you there but if you were in the about section and did the same thing it would.

One suggestion. How about a map showing the location of the club.

Sterndog

Post by Sterndog » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:42 am

Great feed back thank you to all. Yes, the website was a chore to get done and not cheap! I really do feel that this type of website is the best way to channel people to the sport. So even though it was expensive and time consuming I think it will be worth the investment. It was a choir to get all of the information together but all in our region contributed. We hope that this will help generate membership and help our sport grow. I like the idea of a map showing the location. As far as Cooper is concerned..... As well as that little fella did last year he deserves his own website! I took third runner up this year in the quail invatational with a dog he sired. Please feel free to provide this link to anyone who is looking for a good explanation of "the game". Thanks again!

KCBrittfan

Post by KCBrittfan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 pm

I was just kidding about Cooper. It was also a good opportunity to do a little bragging about having a littermate to such an accomplished dog. I can't believe they turned 7 today. Time flies.

As I mentioned, I think your web site is great, but have you considered a Links/Contacts section? Your members and local field trial clubs might appreciate the publicity. You could even provide links to the Gun Dog Forum and Gun Dog Supply. :) A local Buy/Sell/Trade section might also be helpful. I realize cost and maintenance considerations may make these ideas impractical, but I thought I'd suggest them anyway. Good luck.