NorthStar Dog Boxes

nwnick

NorthStar Dog Boxes

Post by nwnick » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:33 pm

Looking into purchasing a dual dog box from Northstar and I was wondering if anybody out there has had experiences with them they would share ? Good or bad ?
I currently have a 2 yr ol GSP Female and will probably put $$ down for another one next year so I'm looking at their Model 901.
Nobody in my local NAVHDA chapter has one so I thought I'd toss the question out to the forum

Thanks for the time

Nick

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Re: NorthStar Dog Boxes

Post by ACooper » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:25 pm

I had them custom build a five hole, I have used it for two seasons hauling all over the place hunting and running trials. I am happy with mine so far and Phil was great to deal with.

rockyridge kennels

Post by rockyridge kennels » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:14 pm

I have NorthStar boxes in my horse trailer. I really like them,and the company is great to deal with.

JeremyS

Post by JeremyS » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:35 pm

I have a Northstar 801 2 dog box. I got the smaller one so it would fit nice in the back of my Jeep. They are just 15 miles down the road from me. It was nice to be able to pick my box up right from them. Phil is great to work with. There was a mistake with the measurements of the first box they built me, but he took care of me and got things fixed up real quick. The quality is real good and I haven't had any issues. I'm planning on a new trailer soon and I can guarantee it will be done at Northstar.
Last edited by JeremyS on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MHWH

Post by MHWH » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:03 pm

I have had one for nearly 3 years. I take the dog in and out of it everyday. He goes to work with me.

So far it has been perfect, no issues at all. It rides inside the vehicle.

Mike

CaptainJackGSP

Post by CaptainJackGSP » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:14 pm

JeremyS wrote:I have a Northstar 801 2 dog box. I got the smaller one so it would fit nice in the back of my Jeep. They are just 15 miles down the road from me. It was nice to be able to pick my box up right from them. Phil is great to work with. There was a mistake with the measurements of the first box they built me, but he took care of me and got things fixed up real quick. The quality is real good and I haven't had any issues. I'm planning on a new trailer soon and I can guarantee it will be done at Northstar.
JeremyS - just wondering what kind of Jeep do you have? I am looking for a 2 dog box to fit my 2012 Wrangler Unlimited (four door) - and it has this annoying speaker cover right at the back which takes up a lot of width.