Pointing Lab thread

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Pointing Lab thread

Post by nikegundog » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:24 pm

On the day that the AKC and LRC may have put the nail in the coffin of the debate the thread is gone? What happened?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Pointing Lab thread

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:41 pm

nikegundog wrote:On the day that the AKC and LRC may have put the nail in the coffin of the debate the thread is gone? What happened?
It isn't gone but I locked it as we didn't need any more of the foolishness that the topic had degenerated into and it already was starting to happen. Not sure what about a pointing lab gets a few people worked up and have no idea why anyone would be upset because a Lab points. Those who don't like them should just ignore instead of trying to tell everyone their opinion is right and the rest of the world is wrong.

Ezzy

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:11 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
nikegundog wrote:On the day that the AKC and LRC may have put the nail in the coffin of the debate the thread is gone? What happened?
It isn't gone but I locked it as we didn't need any more of the foolishness that the topic had degenerated into and it already was starting to happen. Not sure what about a pointing lab gets a few people worked up and have no idea why anyone would be upset because a Lab points. Those who don't like them should just ignore instead of trying to tell everyone their opinion is right and the rest of the world is wrong.

Ezzy
Correct me if I'm wrong here, what weren't you one of the individuals on the thread telling everyone your opinion was right and the rest of the world is wrong? Pot to the Kettle regards............. :roll:

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Wed May 01, 2013 12:08 am

There is a breed club that has an opinion on the matter - but this is America so WTHC! right?

Doc E

Post by Doc E » Wed May 01, 2013 8:31 am

ezzy333 wrote:
It isn't gone but I locked it as we didn't need any more of the foolishness that the topic had degenerated into and it already was starting to happen.
Ezzy
It might be my 'old man eyes', but it l;ooks gone to me.

AlbertaChessie

Post by AlbertaChessie » Wed May 01, 2013 9:00 am

I am unaware of what nails you are referring to. Are you able to provide some links to said resources?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:48 pm

Doc E wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:
It isn't gone but I locked it as we didn't need any more of the foolishness that the topic had degenerated into and it already was starting to happen.
Ezzy
It might be my 'old man eyes', but it l;ooks gone to me..
If you say so it must be.

ezzy

Doc E

Post by Doc E » Wed May 01, 2013 2:13 pm

If it's not gone, what is the link ?

buckshot1

Post by buckshot1 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:25 pm

AlbertaChessie wrote:I am unaware of what nails you are referring to. Are you able to provide some links to said resources?
I'm also interested in hearing whatever news from the AKC and LRC you're referring to, although I thought they'd already made it well known that pointing labs don't fit within the parameters of their tidy little box. I'm surprised the LRC hasn't also criticized labs used as seeing eye dogs and bomb sniffing dogs because they also aren't bred solely to retrieve. Heaven forbid that anyone try to advance the breed or use labs to suit their needs.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Wed May 01, 2013 9:31 pm

AlbertaChessie wrote:I am unaware of what nails you are referring to. Are you able to provide some links to said resources?
I was going to discuss the new Upland tests last night, but the thread had been taken down. Because of the "Upland title", the LRC is going to have to make a declaration as to what is acceptable for the breeds hunting style. If the breed club believes, like some on here argue, that pointing is part of their heritage they can describe them like the American Water Spaniel (they are allowed to stop before the flush), or they can say that a flash point or hard flush is acceptable. Either way this argument will end very soon, July 1 is the deadline.

buckshot1

Post by buckshot1 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:36 pm

nikegundog wrote:
I was going to discuss the new Upland tests last night, but the thread had been taken down. Because of the "Upland title", the LRC is going to have to make a declaration as to what is acceptable for the breeds hunting style. If the breed club believes, like some on here argue, that pointing is part of their heritage they can describe them like the American Water Spaniel (they are allowed to stop before the flush), or they can say that a flash point or hard flush is acceptable. Either way this argument will end very soon, July 1 is the deadline.
Thanks for the info. I'm not familiar with AKC spaniel test rules. Do the rules require the American Water Spaniel to break off point on its own or can the handler give the dog a flush command? In other words, if the LRC decides labs should be judged on the same standard as the AWS, could you run a pointing lab in the AKC spaniel/upland test as long as the pointing lab breaks off point on a flush command?