Conservation Bird Dog Club

rinker

Conservation Bird Dog Club

Post by rinker » Wed May 01, 2013 8:58 am

I am a member of the Conservation Bird Dog Club located near the small town of Amo, Indiana. This is one county west of Indianapolis, Indiana. The club needs new members. Our numbers decreased a few years ago, primarily to the economy I think, but we have never really rebounded to past membership numbers. The club is located on approximately 125 acres, and we have a preserve license. Bobwhite quail can be shot during the preserve season, September 1, till April 1, I think. Dogs can be worked on pigeons or other non native game species the entire year. We have two ponds with fish in them, a shelter house, a skeet range, and a large club house. We host several NSTRA field trials each year including two national level trials, The Dog of the Year trial, and the Champion of Champions trial. We have a series of fun field trials open to club members only and we name a club champion at the end of the year. The fun trials are run under NSTRA rules but are not sanctioned. The dues are $150, per year and each member is expected to do a couple of days of work around the club each year. This could include mowing, building and equipment repair, helping with our annual raffle, working in the kitchen during field trials, etc… You must own a recognized pointing breed dog to join. Take a look at our website for additional information. You can also pm me for additional info. If you own a bird dog and live in Central Indiana, I honestly don’t know why you wouldn’t consider joining

http://amocbdc.com/

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Re: Conservation Bird Dog Club

Post by Cajun Casey » Wed May 01, 2013 9:26 am

Have you gone out through UKC with this? Are you on Facebook?

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed May 01, 2013 9:46 am

I couldn't afford the membership but would do it anyway if I lived there. Really nice setup you have. I noticed you have NSTRA score's listed and OAA score's? Do you run broke dog stakes there also? The grounds look great. Don't know how much ground you have but you might hit up some AKC clubs in the area about running walking trials and hunt test's there. Really nice looking site, I'd always thought it belonged to NSTRA. I guess NSTRA pays to run their trials there? If not, they should.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed May 01, 2013 1:27 pm

Amo grounds are Beautiful I have had the pleasure of running my dogs there for the NSTRA Dog of the Year quite a few times over the years. They sure do offer a lot. Wish they were closer to me along with the better temps :)

smoothbean

Post by smoothbean » Wed May 01, 2013 5:18 pm

This is a nice place I went there and ran UFTA trials a few years ago. We lived a cuple hours awy then and now live around 5 hours away. I wish we had a place like that here. You should look at holding other organizations events. I can help with UFTA if you are interested.

steamer

Post by steamer » Wed May 01, 2013 7:14 pm

I have been a member at amo for a few years and really enjoy it. I have a pretty small yard so being close by and a member it allows me a place to work the dog. The ponds are great for water work . If you live close by and need a place to train you just cant beat it.