add-on to pigeon coop

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

add-on to pigeon coop

Post by mountaindogs » Mon May 27, 2013 2:50 pm

My pigeons are multiplying and I need to add on to the coop. I currently have one 4x4x5 coop and one smaller 4 x 2x3 coop. The smaller coop was to be my flyers and the larger the breeding coop as it is much more secure and has 8 nest boxes, BUT all the pigeons just keep returning to the bigger coop :roll: obviously it is a better home. So I was hoping attach the one to the other and cut a door way for them. Will this work as an expansion? The details of how I would go about catching birds to train with might get troublesome...
Thoughts?

topher40
GDF Junkie

Re: add-on to pigeon coop

Post by topher40 » Mon May 27, 2013 3:52 pm

Fly your young birds for a week and leave the bobs down with the house you want them out of. Keep them open in the other You are going to have to restrict the older birds for awhile.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:48 pm

topher40 wrote:Fly your young birds for a week and leave the bobs down with the house you want them out of. Keep them open in the other You are going to have to restrict the older birds for awhile.
Bobs don't keep the birds out. But you do need to move the young birds to the small loft. But I like the idea of just combining the lofts into one.

Ezzy

donne

Post by donne » Thu May 30, 2013 5:46 am

What I did was put a hinged down door on the inside from the coop to the aviary. I run the pigeons out of the coop into the aviary then close the door trapping them in there. Reach through the aviary door and catch them. The aviary is small enough for me to reach all the birds and is small enough to let half of me in and not let the birds get by to freedom. They don't like it, but they have to earn their keep :wink:

isonychia

Post by isonychia » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:44 pm

you could just put your pairs in the smaller box and not fly them.